Favorite Indian/Pakistani food that isn't:

Favorite Indian/Pakistani food that isn't:
>tikka masala
>korma
>rogan josh

oh and tandoori and biryani too.

Chicken saag

Drooling thinking about it

do people still think tikka masala is a legit indian dish and not british? i need to sit down a minute

Butter chicken, Nihari, Paya, Haleem, Tadka Daal.

And all the kebabs, Seekh, Shami, Chapli etc

I love indian food.

Street egg sandwich.

it's made by indians in britain, india has grounds to claim it but people consider it pleb tier so they don't kick up a fuss about it

Samosa

I've literally never had any of those.

And tandoori is just anything cooked in a tandoor, like kebab.

Well fuck your shit, I'm picking chapli kebab. I guess I could say Lahori tawa tali mach'li, though. That's not cooked in a tandoor. But still fuck your shit because chapli is delicious.

Poo curry

Tarka Dahl, chicken saag, Saag aloo with shit tonnes of chippatis

Bhel poori. Brinjal bhaji. Uttapam

chaat
biryani

This man, there's a new samosa place just down my street and they make their own sauces and sell them in 750ml bottles for $3 CAN

My shits have never been more liquid

Zaal Jhul

Hyderabadi biryani

Butter chicken

Baingan bharta

Essentially aubergine (eggplant) curry.

Kati roll I guess

vindaloo

Mali Kofta

Also, I really like the snack/street foods like Pav Bhaji and Bel Puri . Mmmmmm, I could go for some Bel Puri right now.

There is a place near my work where we go for lunch sometimes.

The decorations are Hindu, there are statues and stuff all over the place. The employees are all first maybe second generation immigrants.

I've never had the balls to ask about the clash between that image and my favorite thing they have on the lunch bar...

Beef kofta.

Saag paneer

The kind of vegetarian cooking they serve at Sikh temples and Punjab style vegetarian restaurants. Chickpeas/lentils, vegetable curries and greens seasoned with cumin, coriander, ginger, chilies and turmeric, served with rice. Sometimes with a paneer or yogurt curry. Love that shit. Could eat it every day.

Britchap here, Allow me.

When the first Indian opened in my town (circa 1980) , I worked nearby had an hour lunch break, so I thought I would give it a go.

Never had a clue, what was what and my first meal of Tandoori chicken, Rice and Chapati was as dry as f**k. Every week on payday, I would go down and bring back something different. One heck of a learning experience.

Years later used to go there after a night out with the lads. And became a sort of Guru, advising them on different meals.

If you're with a group, it goes like this:
First order your Cobras or Kingfishers (Indian Beers) and ask for Popadoms and the pickle dish, whilst everyone is musing over the menu.

You break off pieces of popadom and dip them into about 4 or 5 different indian chutney's (beware the Lime Pickle)

I usually start with a Chicken Tikka ... you get a salad, slice of lemon , tikka pieces and a sweet yoghurt sauce flavoured with mint, to pour over your chicken pieces.

The main meal I vary but I am quite partial to a Lamb Dopiaza but I do order loads of sides too, so that other can have some. Normally it's a load of Bhajis: Mushroom, Spinach, Okra, Onion,etc.

I might finish with a Kulfi but I don't as a rule eat desserts.

>Beef kofta.
Normally Beef dishes are labelled 'Meat'
and a lot of Hindus do eat it. It varies.

>first thing mentioned was none of your british chicken tickle-my-salsa trash

and yet, you bring it up anyway

I never brought up CTM!

Your comment actually tanoys your ignorance.

BUTTA CHICKAN

POO IN LOO PAJEET

i dont know, the indian restaurant were i used order my stuff has just a bunch of mistranslations and stuff like "chicken chicken" on the menu

if i have visitors and we are really shitfaced we order stuff and it was
surprisingly good.

POO IN THE VINDALOO