What you retards don't understand

Is that there will be no huge bull run anytime soon.
That can't happen without a long flat phase.
Considering how big this pump was, the next flat phase (flat doens't mean that can double the price (I mean $8k to $10k - $10k to $5k - $5k to $12k - $12k to $18k - $18k to $15k - $15k to $25k - $25k - $20k etc.) but that will happen in months/semesters/years.

Don't tell me that now it's different, now there's a bigger adoption, in 2014 we had MtGox & shit because that's how the thing works.

If you think different you probably bought Bitcoin for the first time over $10k.

>If you think different you probably bought Bitcoin for the first time over $10k.
those are literally the only people still in crypto
smart, early money left in december

You're right, except there is enough money in the market now, both dumb & smart, to pump coins as they come out with REAL WORLD USES this year. DEX, DAPP's, DAA's, you name it. So many coins will moon-shoot while BTC is trading sideways.

WRONG

ok, but why does there HAVE to be a flat phase?

would crypto being thrust more into the financial awareness shorten the time?

maybe this is wrong, but i think that this is too bog a scheme to be left alone by the powers that be.
powerful entities at the very least WILL pump and dump to make money.

Fuck off pajeet no1s buying ur shitcoin for you to dump on them

====________________________________====

The same reason the meme chart works for all bubbles: it's the way it is. Sorry.

Shhhhhhhh don't tell them, just watch

Bitcoin isn't even near dotcom levels yet, it'll happen but not for another 3-5 years

so If you wait long enough you would still double your money. meaning it is still a good investment. Maybe not as good as it used to be. But it still is.

we'll be in a downtrend for a year, the next major uptrend is going to be starting in years. could obviously start summer of 2019 but could be until 2020/2021

first sell off

Seeing how many of you retards try to convince people of this is the clearest bullish indicator. Go suck a dick, fag.

Amazon retraced by 95% and didn't approach its dotcom bubble high for several years. Why would a coin mainly used for shitty ponzi games act differently?

>sell already goys!
I bet you went to an ivy league shill school for that sweet rhetoric tricks lol

Who are these strangely familiar men? Astronauts?

what u dumb fuckers dont get is that this aint your typical investment and we aint even started yet. this shits about to go to 5 trillion and all u faggots will be washing your dirty pussies talking about muh TA.

Blockstream is unironically worse than mtgox.
Mtgox was a single exchange that happened to allow trade in BTC that was incompetently managed and secured and as a consequence put the market in bear mode for three years. At no stage during or after said crash was there actually a problem with the underlying bitcoin itself.
Now there are hundreds of exchanges, at least some of which are high quality, but the actual core product itself is now broken and sabotaged courtesy of blockstream. People are not yet accepting the simple reality of this, but it's indisputable, just look at the transaction volumes, all the topological outlays in lightning matching exactly what the people who warned it would be hub and spoke or nothing said, and that it still doesn't even actually work, the devs themselves are losing money on it. There's no way to know how long it will take until it succeeds in turning bitcoin into a shitty PayPal rip-off, but bitcoin as it was under the label it had with the majority of awareness and attention is dead.
The only hope for the market is the other cryptos. And I sincerely fucking hope you all remember this happening and the horde of shills and clueless useful idiots that cheered the death of the product, so next time a similar thing happens you're not idiotically standing around saying "but everyone seems to think it's such a great idea and the only problem is that small group of holdouts that won't play ball, everything is awesome and they just need to fall in line!"

Idiota. Wait until April 2.

Why?

>why is Amazon, a fucking internet company, any different than a revolutionary technology?

It's really only a matter of time before BCH takes Bitcon's place as the rightful Bitcoin, along side ETH as pillars in the world of crypto currency.

>comparing mt gox to today

April fool's joke. There's a larp going around that began after the january crash that states tens of billions will magically flood in in march and be revealed on April 2.

>it mountain gockz!!

hundreds, not tens.

dotcom boom seems wrong tho. dont we stiill have amazon and ebay and yahoo and facebook and all kinds of other dotcoms? i am just typin now to wait for the captha...tulips r tulips. blockchain is new tech and here to stay.

>MOUNTIN GOCKZ!!!!!!!

Lol thanks

So what's it going to take to buck the trend and set the bull market back up? New blockchain implementations? TV interviews with crypto millionaires? How does the hype come back? I agree that the market has more norman participation with smart and dumb money. How does hype come back without things being quiet for a long while?

i think only amazon and yahoo were public during the dotcom boom(?)

but bitcoin/eth has nothing to do with the dotcom boom. not even as much as amazon or yahoo had to do with it. nothing.

only the rest of the coins can be compared to that, at best

That'd be nice user. Come sit with me by the fire. We'll whisper of the dream and sip hot cocoa. We'll show them a world without administrators. A world where they're free, with all the horror and beauty that implies. Past the drama and the politics, past the shilling and the obfuscating, on the other side where everything just works, and it got there because of we few who did not fall for the ruse when the time was critical.

And so now we can be comfy.

Oh yeah, where’s it at now then? Short vol futures contracts?

To all you high and mighty faggots parading their technical analysis and condescendingly claiming to know that the bear market is here to stay for months, why are you so stupid? Do you actually think crypto just exists in your charts and not in the real world, and that adoption isn't happening as we speak? Do you think adoption isn't going to drive prices up? In what universe does it make sense for a new technology to enter use with thousands if not millions of transactions daily yet its value will remain obscenely low? Do you not see that as this happens alts will finally decouple from BTC and realise their true worth? How are you so stupid, dwelling in your pathetic world of charts and numbers that you are blind to the context it all exists in? If you're purely talking about BTC I'll give you a pass, but if that's the case nobody cares.

Quite is fine. No one with half a brain is in any hurry for this shit to blow up, because we all know it will eventually blow up.

But to answer your question, might I refer you to this thread here:
I don't know about your delusions, all I know is the world will go on, and crypto will be a part of it, unless there is some major world wide colapse, which frankly isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility.
But holding some crypto at this point, is a smart move.

Zoom out

Nice work!

Interesting viewpoint user, thanks for sharing.

Do none of you fucking autists understand the log scale? Holy fuck this board has tTRULY gone to absolute hell

>the absolute fucking state of Veeky Forums

If I'm deluded, you are too, as we seem to agree exactly.
I realise in retrospect my earnestness may have come across as sarcasm. But that was not my intention at all. I'm entirely serious. If crypto survives it will be because there were those that resisted the attack on btc and prevailed in the end, because to them the truth is more complicated than what people around them are shouting the loudest.

i agree bitcoin is going nowhere but who the hell still buys bitcoin? it's 2018 if your coin doesn't have smart contracts what the fuck are you doing?

Look at the difference in time between the first and second bull runs. Now use your little pea brain to go on Google and learn what log scale means and don't come back until then

I'm deluded, but you need to be stoic to survive games like this.

Anyway, remember that BCH is the true bitcoin. If you're holding bags, don't be caught with the wrong one.

Threads like these remind me things are different and i need to get the f5ck back in faster.. wow bears already desperate

In the past there was no vechain

real world adoption. there are a lot of blockchain projects going live in the next few months that will disrupt industries and be used by millions whether they know it or not. i'm talking about the projects where blockchain/smart contracts actually improve upon existing solutions, not pajeet bullshit like deepbrain chain that just shove blockchain onto random shit for no reason and steal dumb kids money

Hmm...what projects do you recommend?

stoicism is the only really comfy position, nobody can steal your comfy when anything they do you face with stoicism.
We're even holding the same bag.

Yes this is what changes crypto world.

Would you say RLC, LINK, ENG are good projects that can disrupt industries?

>takes 20 minutes to one hour for a single transaction to get through
>this technology is so revolutionary gaiz!
You people are delusional. I have nothing against technology or the reform of our financial institutions but you retards take it to another level. Bitcoin is nothing more than a speculative vehicle at present, which would be rendered useless anyway when quantum computing becomes powerful enough to crack every encryption done by conventional computers.

Saying it like by that time there won't of been updates to protect against it.

The state of nocoiners

Coiners masking as nocoiners, the worse, coz they just greedy fucks with no ethics

the reason there were flat phases was because there was essentially nothing meaningful going on

that's not the case anymore, 2018-2019 are the year for crypto, we're going to see tons of altcoins unveiling their working products/apps in accordance with their whitepapers/roadmaps, plenty of coins are going to moon/crash, it's going to be a volatile year, and obviously BTC is going to go along with whatever kind of ride we're in for

Current coins are designed solely for conventional computers. By the time quantum computers become powerful enough, current coins will be rendered useless replaced by something else. Tough luck holding bitcoin when it gets replaced by quantum bitcoin v.1 or something.

Also what are you a child? In your mind, you automatically think everyone who sees the cons of current crypto technology is a "nocoiner". I see the promise of crypto, but only if computers get fast enough. You think people are going to adopt technology that takes 20 minutes at minimum at best to make a transaction? ATM's, debit/credit cards, checks, paper, hell anything you can hold in your hand take literally seconds to finish. Like I said, you are a delusional motherfucker if you think that is "revolutionary".

>smart, early money left in december

damn. I guess I better sell all my coins then.

We aren't only talking about bitcoin in this thread. Xlm. Ltc. Eth and plenty more all have near instant transaction speeds. The only time it takes a while for me is when sending from an exchange and thsts due to exchange issues not coin issues.

I don't even have btc except mining profits.

can someone please reassure me that this isn't true?

Who knows. Maybe we sideways now.

But OP is def wrong about one thing:

Shit is different now. The meteoric rise of bitcoin this year caused a marketcap beyond anything the outside world expected of crypto. And now it has the open attention of finance and government.

Yeah, things are definitely different in 2018, and I know no one can predict what's going to happen. I just really really do not want a year long sideways market

Bitcoin start to recover and biz Say It Will drop... Time to buy i guess

Wrong

> time periods with barely any tokens coming out with real world /app infrastructure uses will follow the exact same trend as a period with hundreds of tokens now demonstrating real world uses

Wow how could anyone fault this flawless logic.

Yeah but what about le penis man eating his dick? You reckon he's gonna eat dick? Le penis man? Eating dick?
You think?
What you think?
About penis man.

OP, you are forgetting the April 2013 to December 2013 interlude. Our current situation reminds me of that more than anything. Plus, all the new coins that ICO'd recently will be bringing out products in the coming months and people FOMO in, this shit can bubble again before the end of the year.

We get it, you have a short position.

>quantum computers will break bitcoin

This is incorrect -- the core technology of bitcoin is actually the SHA256 and RIPEMD160 hash functions, which are unaffected by quantum computing.

In the future, if there are fears about quantum computers being strong enough to crack elliptic curves, then all the bitcoin developers need to do is add a new type of 'CHECKSIG' opcode for a stronger signature algorithm. At that point everyone just has to move their bitcoins to the new "strong addresses".

Note also that all addresses in use right now have the public key hidden behind a hash function, and the public key is only revealed at transaction time. Provided that it takes at least an hour for the quantum computer to crack an EC key, you have enough time to sign a transaction and get it confirmed. (Another reason to not re-use addresses!)

If quantum computing is able to crack every encryption, also banks and military could be hacked. It's not coming anytime soon.

PROOF OP IS WRONG

It unironically blows me away the mental gymnastics people take defending Core and Blockstreams tactics OF LITERALLY BLOCKING THE STREAM OF TRANSACTIONS. It's maddening and reminiscent of Trump in the early days of the campaign and the literal mind control over people the malicious party had over them. Many of them are new to this shit and just have no idea how it used to be before 2013.

I keep hearing: "Bitcoin is safer and more decentralized than all of the other coins because of the high fees! This is good I can't use it"
"Lightning is more secure! You can't double spend or spam the network!"
"Store of value store of value store of value"

When BTC hits $5k and doesn't recover from there, and the rest of the industry moves on with smart contracts and a decentralized web, then, then they'll see what a load of bullshit Lightning and Segwit are. But until then, they'll be in complete denial like Bernie supporters until they are fucked in the ass and left behind.

Are banks or credit cards decentralized?
The revolutionary thing about crypto is that you don't have to rely on a bank that could freeze your account. Have you ever made a payment to another country? The fees can be really high. With crypto we now have a decentralized global system to transfer value. Decentralization has drawbacks, transactions must be confirmed on the blockchain and that's not instant. But there are solutions like sharding, LN or 0 conf transactions. Crypto will be used to buy stuff in your local store in some years, I'm sure.

then sell everything and stop shitposting, (((shill))). we hate you just as much as you hate us, subhuman.

You don't have to HODDDLLEMEME. Just trade. There are times when you short, and times when you long.

>smart, early money left in december
This is partially true. Smart money left to BCH. We're still here, just not on the BTC bandwagon.

omg... with that volatility you have to put your charts in LOG to see something.

Do it and you'll understand the next moove.

that's TA 101 btw.

The big question is, why are people still debating this? BCH might flip BTC but if not its only a matter of time before something else does. EOY either BCH or another coin will have flipped BTC.

BTC core fucks, you guys lost. Its over and its BEEN OVER. The only people who still buy BTC do it while crying themselves to sleep jacking their dicks off to pictures of sports cars. You are a bunch of morons that are equally as delusional as SJWs on a good day. On a bad day I cant tell if you are fucking flat earthers or or tide pide eaters.

The only reason BTC goes up in value is something called washtrading. Bots are currently tethering your shitcoin to other coins that actually do get action. Its all smoke and mirrors and its easy as fuck to see it. NOBODY is actually buying Bitcoin to HODL anymore. YOUR SHIT IS FUCKING DEAD.

no bitcoin cash 130$ EOY
don't tell me I didn't warn you

>t. bought first time in 2017
Almost all of the true early adopters I know are still in crypto, and have no plans to go back to fiat

Go away Roger

Maybe. Fact is BTC wont be #1

I HAVE TO WAIT 3 YEARS FOR THIS?
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

smart user gets it.

Truth. Less than 1% of people are in it. That's far from a bubble.

This.
IT IS LITERALLY IN THE NAME OF THE COMPANY. BLOCK THE STREAM

From everything I have seen in crypto, the one thing that surprises me even more than the insane valuations of shit like ripple or tron, is the stupidity of core supporters.
I am done with both of them, there is no reason why eth with omg and plasma should not be king by EOY

Can I get a quick rundown on these strange astronauts?

Well I got into ETH when it was about $2 and I'm still holding. In fact I'm still accumulating.

Some have caused out obviously, otherwise there would be none in circulation, but most early adopters are still holding.