Due to an unfortunate series of events, I have found myself lacking in funds of late...

Due to an unfortunate series of events, I have found myself lacking in funds of late, and have been cheaping out on food. Rotating between these foods:
Pasta with cheese and chicken and mushrooms
2 minute noodles
Tinned pasta
Apples
Poor quality mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, peas)
Bread & jam
Fried eggs

How many nutritional deficiencies will I develop, and what should I start adding to my rota?

none. good luck with that job/getting back on track user.

Rice, legumes and fish is all you're missing

Sounds okay to me, Prince William.

fish

Brown or white rice? I assume brown...
Legumes - so, beans?
Fish fingers sufficient?

Whatever you can manage

I got Alton's pan bagnat sandwich recipe. It takes an initial investment in the ingredients like olives and the basics for the balsamic vinaigrette, but those ingredients are things you may already have and last a long time. I can make lunch every day for what amounts to about 50 cents a sandwich, and the veggies and tuna make it a healthy option.
In most cases, an initial investment in raw materials and time can yield tasty results if you have good kitchen basics.

Dont buy meat when poor, buy shit ton of beans, lantils etc.
Eat that with rice and veggie (buy the ones that have a more good stuff for you like brocoli, squash, etc)
Make vegetable curries and such with that

good call bro. I agree

you don't need rice i don't know why the guy thinks it's nutritionally essential. but it is cheap and nutritious.

together, rice and beans form a 'complete protein'. try daal recipes.

as far as fish goes if you can get hold of tinned sardines or mackerel or whatever for cheap, that would be good. it's oily fish you want. salmon would also work

I forgot to mention, I'm also fucking lazy in the kitchen.

buy some multivitamin/minerals you stupid cunt

It depends on the quantities, but typically none except B12.

Your list is vegan except for eggs, however eggs are not a good source of B12. Excellent sources of B12 are mammalian livers and oily fish. The body can store 3-5 years worth of B12 so it's not that high a priority for most people. One serving of beef liver contains 1 month worth of B12 as well as many other vitamins and minerals, and it's cheap.

You also lack a good source EFAs, so canola/rapeseed oil and/or oily fish would be good unless you want to supplement.

Your mixed vegetables contain virtually all micronutrients you need when consumed in adequate quantities (1-2 pounds a day or so). Iron is kind of borderline although wheat is an OK source of iron. Heme iron would be preferred of course.

The protein in wheat sucks, so I agree that you're missing high quality protein. Protein powder is the cheapest way to get it concentrated, or you could switch to higher tier staples (legumes, buckwheat, corn, depending on your location)

Why are you eating western 2 minute noodles over ramen?

Toss sliced veges in a bowl with some oil, salt and pepper then roast at 180-200°c. Easy and tasty af. Carrots, kumara, brocolli, cauliflower, tomato, onion. Try adding some chopped garlic, chilli, 5 spice powder or sumac if that gets boring.

All you need are some some beans to eat once in a while and some sardines to add to that pasta, and you'll be fine

>Your list is vegan except for eggs
Read OP again, he's got chicken up there too

Thank you, I'm lazy as fuck in the kitchen, but I'll have to try that sometime.

Just bought a packet of beans.

Tbh it's very tiny chunks of chicken. I have it more for the flavor than the filling.

>canola oil
I cook with olive oil, for what it's worth

Multivitamins are expensive here

>how many nutritional deficiencies

you are eating like 80% carbs, so a lot

just buy oats, they're cheap as hell and will cover your carb/ needs. they have a lot of soluble fiber as well, which you will need in addition to all of the insoluble fiber in your vegetables.

and use oats to make other meals, like in place of pasta, or mix an egg into cooked oats and add peanut butter (also super cheap) or veggies (better than you would think, especially with sauteed mushrooms and onions).

ditch the jam, you don't need it. honestly, as long as you're eating enough vegetables, you don't need fruits at all. but if you must(quick energy and stuff) then bananas are the cheapest and combine well with oats and PB.

replace the eggs with someone else and you're already eating healthier than the majority of the Western world

you can't afford a SINGLE container of multivitamins? just one, generic brand? it'll last you months upon months.

you can buy vitamins from the dollar store, too. also consider fish oil.

eggs are healthy as fuck, unless you have abnormally high cholesterol and eat like a half a carton a day.

if you're within the majority of the population, you're fine eating eggs. your body needs some of that cholesterol anyway.

>>tinned pasta
stop doing this
>>bread and jam
stop doing this
>>fried eggs
a luxury.
>>cheese
also a luxury
pasta is only cheap when you A: toss it with a vegetable pesto. or
B: Use tomato sauce/paste etc.

If you live poor the best thing to do is to figure out what that is expensive thats worth buying. and by far thats oil. you want good olive oil, and good coconut oil. These have low yields of omega 6, which you want to avoid when you are a poor eater as you wont have much room in your budget for good high omega 3 foods. Avoid canola oil, safflower, and soybean oil. Make rice and dry beans an every day part of your diet, it;s dirt cheap. Learn to love onions, put them in everything. you'll never get a source of food that is better for you at the price point a bag of onions will get you. Other than that, use your best judgement. Protien is best with either A: bacon ends, B: chicken, just about anything under 3 dollars a lb. C: Pork shoulder. These meats are the best bang for your buck either because they are very cheap. Braise the pork shoulder into pulled pork, take whatever you happened to have bought, and portion it out into usable quantities in ziplocks, and put em in the freezer. Remove when you need them. this will give you the protien you crave with the best versatility for multiple dishes, and therefore, the least ammount you'll be eating becuase of experiation dates. meats that can be portion controlled like this are by far the best, unlike steaks and ribs, despite the occasional value deal. those are treats.

>If you live poor the best thing to do is to figure out what that is expensive thats worth buying

wrong

you figure out what is cheapest yet most nutritionally beneficial

quality and flavor are luxuries.

Lentils. Make a Mediterranean soup with it --- super cheap, delicious, incredibly healthy (pulses are great for you), and it lasts for days. Toss in whatever veggies/scraps you have lying around to make the stock base, and you'll end up cutting down on food waste too. Serve it with whatever protein you have, cooked on the side over rice. All you need that might be a bit expensive are the spices, but you probably already have the necessary ones in your pantry --- salt, cumin and coriander. There are great recipes online, but lentil soup is versatile as hell. Play with it!

>>durrr
no dumbass. you do what I said, or you eat like shit and get some terminal fucking illness when you're 50. I wonder which costs more in the long run you ass clown?

Add in some beans for more fiber and protein. Lentils are cheap and make good soups too.

One bag of carrots, one bag of onions, and one bag of celery can make 3-5 BIG pots of soup.

Try this:
>1 onion
>3 stalks of celery
>2 carrots
>Cut and hold aside
>2 cups of lentils
>Add water/broth/flat beer until lentils are submerged
>Cook until tender
>Salt/pepper/bay/thyme/whateverotherspices
>Add veg
>Cook until vegetables are tender.
>Add more liquid or less to taste. I like my lentil soup more like stew, so I add less.

Oh wow, so cheap, so flavor