Is putting beer in chili a meme?

Is putting beer in chili a meme?

Why would anyone do this?

Fuck off.

Because you used the word meme, you've invalidated your entire point.

Thank you 3 Michelin Star Celebrity Chef Gordon Ramsay, that really helped.

For yummies.

because they want beer flavor in their chili

It can loosen it up and add a little flavor. If you add it right after you brown your meet it will help deglaze the bottom of the pan. In addition the alcohol boils off a bit faster, also it can add a subtle bitter flavor to compliment to the smokiness of the chilli.

kek

That is not Chili, that is a Chili Style Stew.

Chili is made of three things. Meat, Tomato Sauce, Spices.

Everything else is just bullshit that poorfags added in over the years to make the meat last longer.

You would be surprised how much food is influenced by food shortages.

I just add some Marmite, paying for vapors is for suckers.

>chili
>tomato sauce
opinion discarded

This is your answer. Ignore all other responses, and leave Veeky Forums while you can still eat chili without questioning your entire reality.

Chili was invented on the range. You can't carry around whole tomatoes on the range, you have to carry preserves. That's why It's made with tomato sauce.

The fuck you know about culinary history you shit eating cu/ck/?

So its official Meme status confirmed.

chili doesn't have tomatoes in it fuckface

Beans I agree are just for cutting meat.
I don't see how beer would make meat go longer or add substance, but it is sportsbarfag tier. Adding jalepenos, mushrooms, and diced tomatoes is delicious though.

> No roased peppers

It's like you're not even talking about authentic chili con carne.

Seriously, just shut the fuck up with your authenticity debate. Do you know how chili originated, and how it was prepared in its early days? When settlers from Texas and midwestern states, who had encountered hispanic cultures and peoples, were travelling west basically looking for California, they took dried beef suet and grinded down roasted chili peppers to fine powder, wrapped them up to preserve them, then dropped all of that into boiling water in a pot over a campfire on the trail when they stopped to eat.

Recipes evolve, user. Unless you dried out your beef and spices and boiled them together and added no tomato paste/sauce, you're not eating authentic chili con carne. In fact, unless you hated yourself, were scanning the horizon for Indians, and were nervously anticipating your arrival on the West Coast the entire time you ate your chili, you weren't eating authentic chili con carne.

Why are you even trying to educate? People are ignorant assholes.

>Chili is made of three things. Meat, Tomato Sauce, Spices.

fucking fight me....

cause a world full of smart assholes is preferably to a world full of ignant fucks

this
chili is just guiso for the white

I make my chili with beer and beans. Several kinds of beans, in fact. You know what? It's fucking delicious.

Deal with it.

Tomato, chili, bean, and meat stews have been made for thousands of years in mesoamerica. We have primary accounts from the Spaniards describing the huge pots of stew using those ingredients. sometimes in anticipation of using the Spaniard's bodies for the meat.

How bout them Broncos?
Did you tip your skinny blonde waitress with DD silicone tits 50%?

Real chili doesn't have any tomatoes in it, fucking tard.

>arrival on the West Coast

Nigger, do you even know what you're talking about? Try: anticipating you're arrival at the end of the Chisholm Trail.

Don't watch handegg and don't tip.

>you're

>How bout them Broncos?

Colorado is Green Chili County

>thank you New Mexico!

>playing grammar nazi because you have nothing of value to add.

>Chisholm Trail

you're both right but Chili would have been enjoyed by just about every group of travelers in the South West.

We really need a word filter for meme on this board.

This is the recipe of the 2015 World Chili winner.

2 14 oz. Swanson's chicken broth
1 7 3/4 oz. can of regular El Pato Mexican tomato sauce
1 6 oz. can spicy V-8 juice
4 tsp. McCormick/Shilling onion powder (or 1-2 medium finely diced onions)
2 tsp. McCormick/Shilling garlic powder (or 6-8 cloves finely diced garlic)
2 Tbsp. McCormick chili powder (or other suitable chili powder blend like Gebhardt's)

@ 1.5 hours add ingredients below (mix with broth from your chili pot until rich paste is formed)

2 Tbsp. McCormick chili powder (or other suitable chili powder blend like Gebhardt's)
3 tsp. California chili powder
5 tsp. McCormick ground cumin
1/2 tsp. Accent of MSG (optional)
1 Tbsp. Tabasco red pepper sauce
Salt to taste

@ 2 hours add to pot (mix with broth from your chili pot until rich paste is formed)

1 tsp. New Mexico chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. Tabasco red pepper sauce
1 Tbsp. McCormick chili powder (or other suitable chili powder blend like Gebhardt's)
1 tsp. McCormick ground cumin
Salt to taste

@ 2 hours 40 minutes (mix ingredients below with broth from your chili pot until rich paste is formed)

5 tsp. McCormick arrowroot (or corn starch)
1/2 tsp. McCormick garlic powder
1/2 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. McCormick ground cumin
1 Tbsp. McCormick chili powder (or other suitable chili powder blend like Gebhardt's)
1/4 tsp. New Mexico chili powder
Salt and Tabasco red prepper sauce to taste

Instructions:

Brown in 3 batches in a non-stick skillet (or spray Pam in a regular heavy duty frying pan), 4 lbs. Tri Tip (top sirloin) cubed with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp. McCormick white pepper in each batch. Rinse each batch with clear water and place in stock pot. Brown 1 to 2 lbs. pork chops (bone in), lightly seasoned with seasoning salt. Place in stock pot with chili meat.

>Swanson's chicken broth
>V-8 juice
>Accents of MSG
>McCormick
>McCormick
>McCormick

How the fuck can anyone take chili seriously when this shit wins the official international chili content?

>Chilli
>Doesn't even have fresh chillies in it

How is this allowed?

>Everything else is just bullshit that poorfags added
Are you somehow trying to suggest that chili was not always poorfag food?

Same way burger competitions allow fish and tofu burgers.

Dried chilies are better than fresh for chili.

ITT: People act rather "matter of fact-ly" about how they make chili. "I put beans and cheese in mine and you can just deal with it"

>McCormick

I bet they're colluding with the the judges!

>tomato sauce

subtle

There's also alcohol soluble flavors in chili peppers. The alcohol in the beer will enhance the flavor. If you use tomatoes alcohol will enhance their flavor as well.

>real chili

Real chili is meat, chili peppers and something to braise it in. Anything else added is acceptable. It was rancher food. They add whatever they had in their saddlebag into the pot. This often times included beans because they were cheap and kept forever when dry. I want you guys to stop being faggots for two seconds and learn.

Chili with small beans and celery is a godsend. One of the best foods on planet earth. God bless my mother and father for making it so often, and God bless you Mike for making the recipie.

I hope you're resting well.

>Reggie

My friends once decided to put 4loko in chili after a night of hard drinking.

It was vomit inducing.

I didn't realize you knew the Epic Meal Time guys.

For this whole website.

This

Classic chili is whatever the fuck you had on hand with a chili powder sauce.
I put carrots in my chili and there is nothing you can do to fucking stop me.

This thread is a perfect example of cancer.

How about filtering meme/memes to shenanigan/s

>waaah I don't like this word, instead of letting other people use it freely we should make it so I never have to read it again by changing it to a different word
>ME, ME, ME
fuck off

also
meme
meme
meme

I'll poison the world carrot supply, you fucking braggard.