Hey Veeky Forums i have a large pack of thin pork loin cutlets I want to use up...

Hey Veeky Forums i have a large pack of thin pork loin cutlets I want to use up, do any of you have any recipes for them other than breading and frying them?

nope, they are only good for making thin tonkatsu.

Darn I'm getting really sick of making that though, I should've known it'd be a mistake to buy all that pork. But it was soo cheap.

You can treat it as a regular, albeit very thin, pork chop.

I like to
>sear in 50/50 butter/olive oil
>after cooking thru cook garlic in pan
>add apple cider vinegar to pan to deglaze
>add apple cider
>add dijon mustard
>reduce
>add rosemary, red pepper flakes, s+p in last few minutes of reduction
>put pork chops in pan with sauce and flip a few times to coat, turn up heat for a little bit to glaze

Serve with a fucking salad or something

That actually sounds really good desu

I don't have all of the ingredients on hand but it sounds tasty enough grab the last few things

Yeah it's pretty good, apples and pork is always a nice combination. You don't need to add that much vinegar or it can overwhelm the other flavors though.

Caramelized pork and onions.

Pork egg rolls

Cut them into strips and make sweet and sour pork

They are pretty good in stews. I'd google some recipes or maybe ask in the Crock-pot thread.

When I was in high school I found this four year old bottle of unopened jerk pork seasoning on top of the cabinet. It was part of a spice set my parents got when we moved into the house and never used because they don't cook anything other than canned soup and frozen pizza. Turns out jerk pork is pretty amazing. You could do that. Otherwise I usually just bread and fry them.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to make or find a brand of jerk pork seasoning that matches that bottle. Every time I try a new one it's always a little disappointing.

I don't have a proper crock pot, I guess I could try making a dark stew with them still

You can also change up your breading. Try cornmeal, panko, etc.

>Try cornmeal, panko

literally what I'm using as is T.T

I bought a shit ton of pork loin as well user. I've just accepted the fact I will be eating schnitzel for the next month lol. I am just at the point where i'm trying to perfect the art of schnitzel.

buy some sour cream, some stock

tiny bit of oil in pan, salt + pepper each side and lighty brown

add in chicken stock, to around the mid-level of the pork thickness

bring to a simmer, lower heat, COVER

steam/boil(kinda) the meat the next at least 20 mins, it really depends on the thickness

once the stock is reduced to barely a glazing of the pan, remove pork, add in a heap of sour cream to the pan drippings and mix it in to create a 'gravy'. put the sauce over the pork. eat

holy shit this is a recipe I got in my Estonian cookbook and I love it endlessly. pork is tender and juicy, you could add more seasoning if you like even but really the salt+pepper is pretty good itself, just

holy fuck

I hate to cook pok loin, it gets dry as fuck.

Last Saturday i tried it with some Dijon sauce (just did a becahmel and added mustard) and it was quite decent.

you can bit slices up with a masher, so they are big and thin and then roll it with some stuffing, like spinach or muschrooms or whatever, put it in the oven and bake for about half an hour tops.

>it gets dry as fuck.

Stop overcooking it and that won't happen.

>cover the pan
>reduce stock
you realize that you can only reduce stock through evaporation, which is immediately negated by the condensation of a closed pan, right?

You remove the lid to take the meat out and rest it. While the meat is resting outside of the pan you crank up the heat with the lid off and reduce the stock to make a sauce.

Haven't you made a basic pan gravy before?

>COVER
>steam/boil(kinda) the meat
>once the stock is reduced
then
>remove pork
i understand how it works, i'm just clarifying the order for those who don't.

Boil them in rice a roni

ginger pork

Would anyone be interested in a recipe for porkchops smothered in mushroomed paprika gravy with sauerkraut and a side of sliced dumplings and butter braised carrots with caraway and onion?

youtube channel: runnyrunny999

TONS of pork cutlet recipes
>made into awesomely delicious japanese food

Yes. Sounds interesting.

I should rephrase with: it is really easy to overcook and not worth the effort of caring much since it tastes meh...

This is cool, I'm gonna make this soon, thanks bro

Pork fried rice
Sandwiches
Pork egg rolls
Pork burritos
Pork tacos

I have an issue related to OP - I have thin cutlets too, but mine are from Iberian black pork which I've never cooked with before. They are way more fatty than "normal" pork so I'm leaning towards just grilling them, but I'd be glad to hear any more interesting suggestions. The meat looks like the one in this photo

smash the shit out of them with a hammer, bread them and fry or bake them

>schnitzel

Grilling is a bad idea for extremely fatty foods because the excess grease will drip down into the fire causing a flare-up. If you do grill them be prepared to move them around the grill so you're not cooking them in a flame & getting them all sooty.

salt and pepper. sear in a pan. fry some eggs in the pan drippings.

simple. delicious.

Make Jagerschnitzel or Rahmschinitzel.
I'd also say Tonkotsu, but you already said you usuallly do that.

Thin cut pork cutlets aren't good for much besides quick frying. If you want to take them to a higher level, you need to buy some thicker, preferably bone-in pork chops.

Sorry, I meant "grilling" as in frying in a grill pan. I made them that way after all and they turned out so-so - all the fat quickly melts in the pan and the meat gets soaked in it. Probably should have poured off the excess for other uses and patted the meat down with paper towels desu

flour, 150g (plus extra to flour your hands and your work surface)
salt, a strong pinch
active dry yeast, 1tbsp (about 8g)
water, 100ml (plus extra for boiling)

Whisk together dry ingredients then add the water.
Knead until it's pretty smooth, about five minutes, then set aside in a warm spot to rise to double in size.
Knock out the air, knead a second time and form into a loaf or boule shape.
Allow to rise to double its size all over again; meanwhile, heat some water to boiling.
Steam the dough until it's cooked through, about a half hour.
Slice and serve with the carrots and smothered pork.

lard or oil, 3tbsp
pork cutlets, 500g
salt, as needed
onion, chopped, half of one large
sauerkraut, chopped, 150g or so
flour, 3tbsp
paprika, 2-3tbsp
mushrooms, sliced, 100g or so (about 5-6)
stock (mushroom preferred, but pork, veg and chicken are all fine in decreasing order of preference), 2 cups

Heat the lard in a pan; meanwhile, salt the cutlets.
Sear the cutlets on each side then remove.
Add onion, sauerkraut, flour and paprika to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, until it comes together as a smooth-ish paste.
Add the mushrooms and whisk in the stock.
Keep stirring to remove any flour lumps then re-add the cutlets.
Finish the cutlets in the gravy and serve with dumpling and carrots.

carrots, 400g
water, for boiling
caraway seeds, 1tbsp
butter, 4tbsp
salt, to taste
dill and/or parsley, if/as desired

Peel and cut the carrots; meanwhile, boil the water.
Add the carrots to the water and boil a minute or so; meanwhile, grind the caraway into fine powder.
Drain the carrots (do /not/ rinse) and place into a container with the caraway, butter, salt and herbs (if using).
Lid the container and shake to coat and allow the carrots to finish cooking by their own residual heat, then serve with the smothered pork and dumpling.

An user in another thread mentioned paprikarahmschnitzel.
Looks good enough that I'm cooking it next time it's my turn in the kitchen.
You're gonna have to Google that name and use the Translate Page feature, though.

I like to steam cook pork loins first and then pan fry with butter.