In Veeky Forums related news today

youtube.com/watch?v=vp068qw35qo

General Mills is currently experiencing PR backlash due to the corporation promoting its product on the death of Prince.

I love how something as simple as this is triggering people I think this is actually kind of sweet.

cause they're capitalizing on a death

Whatever. You know how many people in Rosa who give a shit about Prince's death? Zero.

Tacky as hell. A corporation can send condolences through a press release, or donate to a charity in the name of the deceased, but using a death as a shameless marketing gimmick is pretty disgusting.

capitalizing on death is pretty standard desu
I wonder how much cash Michael Jacksons death generated

>first word in video is 'morals'

>I think this is actually kind of sweet
Then you are exactly the sort of braindead moron that they sought to target with this mercenary marketing campaign.

Who gives a fuck, if I was Cadbury I'd be suing the dead cucks estate as they registered the color purple over a decade ago.

>I think it's kind of sweet.

Because you're kind of dumb.

It's like if I sent a message out saying RIP Gordon Ramsay with the Chipotle logo in the background of the image.

Why? We know what company you are, assholes, can't you at least pretend to give a shit about something other than your bottom line for a moment and just say RIP like a normal ass person?

This reminds me of that Pearl Harbor Day Spaghetti - O thing.

They just used their company gimmicks to commemorate prince. What's the problem? Neither of the companies tried to sell anything using his death. It was kind of tacky, but nothing to be upset over.

ITT Everything that is wrong with the world today.

You huge bunch of pussies. Who the fuck cares if they put a tiny cheerio over the "i"? They ARE a corporation, they want people to recognize who they are, no matter what they're saying.
No one complained about Google's tribute (purple logo with purple rain falling) or Chevrolet's Little Red Corvette tribute (featuring yes, a red corvette). And you know why? Because people are such utter wastes of space, such huge dickless wonders, that they are too afraid to protest something bigger than a fucking Cheerio, when they shouldn't be protesting AT ALL. The fact that Prince was so beloved by so many people that even corporations wanted to get in on tributes to him is pretty incredible, even if it's also a little gimmicky.
People just can't wait to be outraged and indignant these days over ANYTHING, and they can fuck right off.

What bugs me is that Cheerios isn't the only one to be doing this. I live in the Twin Cities and lots of the local stations interrupted their regular programming for hours of "Prince is Dead" coverage. Those people don't give a shit about Prince. They just want to up their viewership and make themselves look better, all through exploiting the death of a human being. It disgusts me.

hi

General Mills makes foul shit. Slowly people are realizing this and turning on them. I would enjoy seeing them go out of business.

Holy hell that's hilarious.

>They ARE a corporation, they want people to recognize who they are, no matter what they're saying.
>No one complained about Google's tribute (purple logo with purple rain falling) or Chevrolet's Little Red Corvette tribute (featuring yes, a red corvette)

I don't watch TV, use Google, or visit the Chevrolet website when I'm bored, so the cheerio one is the only one I knew about.

Fuck General Mills, they bought out one of my favorite oraganic companies, now there stuff only has some organic ingredients (Annie's)

>I don't watch TV, use Google, or visit the Chevrolet website when I'm bored, so the cheerio one is the only one I knew about.

I don't do those things either, but if you read the news, there was a whole article on all the corporate tributes a couple days ago when people started bitching about Cheerios. Stop being dense.

What you're describing is way worse than what Cheerios did. Theirs was a tweet, not a full day of yellow journalism.
It reminds me of the "Buckwheat has been shot" SNL sketch from the 80s that parodied when Regan was shot, and the coverage and updates went on and on and on and on and on.....

Fucking moralfags. Some useless twink dies, people market off of it, and suddenly they're on par with the KKK lynching niggers and burning churches.

Seeya fuckers, I'm going to walmart to buy some goddamn cheerios.

>suddenly they're on par with the KKK lynching niggers and burning churches.

>What is a strawman

>I'm going to Chinamart to buy Human Chow.
Do you wash yourself with a rag on a stick, too?

i and some colleagues regularly poke fun at blacks and chinks
but we only do it behind closed doors, lest our company's image becomes associated with it
which would be bad business practice

this is what i like about this thread
the stupid marketing people from those examples, and the stupid edgy teens in here
don't realize that this is bad practice, not because whether the topic is "morally wrong" or not
but because it is controversial and can sure generate negative reaction from the target audience

lmao stupid muricans

Their headquarters is in Minneapolis, so I'm sure many who work there felt they were sincerely mourning the loss of their hometown hero.

The problem was the public's perception of it, and it just shows how much public goodwill they've lost. For years they enjoyed customers seeing their products as wholesome and "all American". Nowadays customers are just as likely to see them as "processed crap" that will give you the 'beetus. Those who take a dim view of them are not going to assume their intentions are good. Shit like this doesn't help.

The kind of food they produce is becoming suspect to many people, and not only are sales slumping, but they have a public image problem to go along with it.

?