What is the key to the perfect grilled cheese? what is the best grill brand? and what cheese and bread do you use?

What is the key to the perfect grilled cheese? what is the best grill brand? and what cheese and bread do you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GaxyzK2mHqw
youtube.com/watch?v=BlTCkNkfmRY
youtu.be/BlTCkNkfmRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the perfect grilled cheese is neither cheese nor grilled. Its pan fried and made with kraft singles.

I really do like kraft singles grilled cheeses. but only when it's by itself. if im eating it with soup or something I like blends of different real cheeses.

Sourdough with a Monterey jack and cheese mixture

Maybe some gruyere

As if we care

Greuyere and chedder with a tomato.

Spread mayo on the bread, not butter. Lay it down mayo side first in a frying pan. Place kraft single down or velveeta slice, then layer dill pickle slices, then another piece of cheese. Spread mayo on top slice of bread. place on top mayo UP. Flip when first side browns. Use lower heat to help cheese melt so you don't burn the outside and have non-melted cheese inside. Otherwise, use butter on the bread and mozzarella and pepperoni inside

What brand of mayo do you use?

Is kewpie fine?

>already 6 posts in and nobody has posted the chow video

>the chow video
explain

My favorite grilled cheese is with jalapenos, cream cheese, and a little cheddar on white bread or sourdough.

It'll be fine, you'll try the Mayo thing once before realising butter is superior in everyway. This Mayo on the outside thing is a classic example of people mixing up "you can do this" with "you should do this".

The key to any great grilled cheese is 2 things.

1. Always use shr3dded cheeses. And shred them yourself.

2. Only use sourdough.

After that, you can go crazy. What cheeses you use, how thick the bread, do what you want as long as you follow those rules.

if theres anything other than cheese, its not grilled cheese, its a melt

kraft slices are ok honestly, but theyre so expensive I don't know why anyone would buy them over real cheese

>cracked wheat sourdough
>sharp cheddar
>black forest ham
>sliced roma tomato
>lightly buttered exterior

sourdough bread
little bit of mayo on the inside
muenster cheese
ALWAYS use butter
if you're feeling real fucking manly then melt cheese on the outside and then fry it. use plenty of cooking spray. little bit of salt after you're done.

Get this;

Use mayo instead of butter for a nice crispy crust
Use havarti, mozzarella, sharp cheddar, and provelone.
Add a dot of mayo inbetween the slices of cheese
Cook open faced in a broiler until the cheese melts then close and brown on each side in the broiler. Should be 30-45 seconds on the inside and 20-30 seconds on the outside.

>grilled cheese
I see reading comprehension is difficult for you

Doesn't a melt have to have meat in it?

it has to be a melt. sourdough + some jack + tomato bruschetta. fucking delicious

Simple delicious shit:
Slices of American and pepper jack, mayo instead of butter. When I'm feeling extra trashy I add extra mayo and yellow mustar inside the sandwich.

Fancier delicious shit:
Cheddar and some combination of fig spread, caramelized onion, and apple slices.

Fuck craft singles.

Cave aged Vermont cheddar or GTFO.

>kraft singles

Disgusting. The correct answer is Munster cheese

>as if we care

Das Racist? :v

One of you should make a video for us cu/ck/s should just make a video. Grilled cheese is one of the most discussed foods on this board.

Come on Veeky Forums

bread
marble cheddar
microwave
done

heat up two pans.

butter up sourdough slices

grate some cheese

when the pants are blazing hot. you remove from heat. put the sandwhich on one pant and put the other pan on top of the sandwhich.

I've gotten 2nd degree burns doing that before...won't do again thx...

you know ive heard the mayo thing before. how does it affect the sandwich exactly?

coat the bread with mayo instead of butter. trust me.

It tastes faintly of mayonnaise. It also makes the sandwich less greasy to hold.

That looks fried not grilled.

Hot frying pan. I also melt the butter a bit, so that I can spread a thin even layer on the bread.

>can't even spell muenster

>confusing muenster cheese for Munster cheese

Firstly, fuck mayofags.

Now we've got that out of the way, try this method:

1. Add ~2tsp salted butter (pref. clarified) to hot skillet, griddle, pan, etc.

2. Lay down first bread on top of melted butter

3. Lay down cheese on top of first bread slice

4. Cook until bread is golden brown and remove from grill

5. Remove single slice of bread with cheese and repeat steps 1 and 2 with a second slice of bread

6. Lay down first slice of bread w/ cheese on top of second

7. Cook until golden brown and done.

Never understood why people butter the slices of bread beforehand. It's a pain in the ass, and it fucks the bread up.

Ok. So get ready for a whole new type of grilled cheese. It's been a family tradition for 3 gen.

You take a loaf of of Italian bread and slice it lengthwise down the middle. Then you cut as big of a piece as needed and lay it face up.
Next take thin slices of ny state extra sharp cheddar (or close as possible) and lay it on top of the entire surface of the bread.
Then bake it in the oven at 425 for about 10-15 min (and broil for a minute or 2 at the end if you like it extra crispy)
I recommend salt, pepper and/or tomato as toppings.

I've never heard of anyone else making this type of grilled cheese. Gotta thank my innovative grandpa as well as my dad for this awesome recipe.

Enjoy!

2 slices of bread
Shredded mix of mozzarella, cheddar, and Swiss
Butter
Garlic
Caramelized onions
Parsley and grated Parmesan mix

Pre-heat oven to °350
Mince garlic and add to butter. Whip to mix. Spread butter on bread slices. Sprinkle Parmesan mix on buttered bread. Next top one slice with shredded cheese mix, caramelized onions and more cheese. Sandwich with the other slice of bread. Put in oven for about 10min. Take out and serve with tomato soup

Fuck yeah, yo'!

Sourdough, colby, bacon, tomato, salt

this honestly

>velveeta
>kraft singles
Fucking animals

Why the fuck would anyone do this? Just flip the fucking sandwich over its not rocket science.

mayofags pls go

Toast, ham, slice of pineapple, american """cheese""" and cherry jam.
Put it under the grill and wait until melted.
How else would you grill a sandwich?

I use two types of cheese from a local cheesemaker. A cheddar gruyere blend and a whole milk jack cheese.

I put in on artisan bread and I also put basil, tomato, and a mayo-mustard mix.

I cook it with a panini press.

I think he means this maybe?

What about rye?

Where do people even get sourdough bread?

Its basically like a panini press.

A bakery, usually.

Seriously, the key to a perfect grilled cheese is spreading the outside of the bread with mayonnaise instead of butter. It will be less greasy, more crispy, and you will never know it was mayonnaise. Just don't make a stupid mistake like using miracle whip instead of say....Hellmann's or Duke's or Blue Ribbon.

That is the main secret. Other than that, a good grilled cheese is all about the quality of the cheese inside. I like to use a combination of cheeses. I like some actual American cheese (not Kraft singles, that's fucking plastic cheese), and some Jarlsberg, and sometimes I'll add a third cheese, which is usually a soft cheese that goes in-between the semi-hard cheeses.

It's fine to butter the bread if you let it soften first.

San franfag here, it literally grows on trees.

Fuck I hate that series. Not that the advice is necessarily bad, they just all sound like cunts.

>2016
>calling them "grilled cheese"
>not toasted sandwiches

Yuppie try-hard detected

They're fried so it's a moot point anyway.

this to be perfectly frank and honest, it's like some special snowflake syndrome for people who want to eat 2nd rate sandwiches.

Butter, spread not in pan

Garlic salt sprinkle on both, any cheese youbdesire but nothing is melty and comfy like Kraft singles....Kraft cheese product is basically MADE for grilled cheese

I like good pepperjack, but Kraft pepperjack singles work better than the real thing to me

>poorfags attempt to make grilled cheese

variety

eating the same thing all the time is retarded

Found the degenerate flat earther

>mfw murricans call their orange plastic squares "cheese"
>mfw anywhere else in the world cheese means actual milk was used to make the product
>mfw americunts will defend this unholy orange abomination and not buy good cheese

>Pic related
Its Halloumi,the GOAT Cheese

Goat cheese is pretty good, but I don't know if I'd want it on a grilled cheese, especially an invisible variant.

agreed. tried mayo once on Veeky Forumss recommendation, it worked, but not as good as butter.

I weep for humanity.

>I cook it with a panini press.
I always forget I own a panini press. Every time I make a sandwich, it's because I want something quick and easy, and adding an extra step to the process never crosses my mind.

It's not special snowflake anything, you dumb cuck.
I've been in diners where they use mayo instead of butter. Also, a lot of restaurants use a butter-flavored grease.
Sorry you're too stubborn to try something that works brilliantly, just keep eating your greasy as fuck sandwiches for "muh butter" flavor.

Mayo fried tastes DRASTICALLY different than butter fried

I'm not arguing for onenor another, but mayo is not a substitute, it's an entirely different sandwich

I'm not arguing about a difference in flavor. As a matter of fact, mayo has very little flavor compared to butter. However, it still makes a better grilled cheese. The people who are so stubbornly pro-butter are people who just love the flavor of butter so much they can't imagine anything else being good, so they have to make up names like "special snowflake" bullshit.

flavorwise you get a very small taste of mayo, but it makes the sandwich 10x better because its not as greasy to hold.

im actually pretty curious how clarified butter would do in the greasiness dept.

thats not a grilled cheese you faggot that's a melt.

Clarified butter might be a bit better than regular butter, because you could use less, and I think it would crisp up faster, but you'd still get some of the butter flavor. That's an option worth checking out. The whole reason I love using mayo is because you can use so much less and still have a golden, crispy sandwich that's not so greasy.

That's Hawaii Toast, bro.

I prefer butter and I've had both, I will eat a mayo grilled cheese just as I'd eat a plain slice of bread with mayo but I prefer butter any day of the week

a nice twist on the classic grilled cheese is mozzarella on sourdough

youtube.com/watch?v=BlTCkNkfmRY

With sliced tomato and few basil leaves.

I love making that shit.

I prefer this guy

youtu.be/BlTCkNkfmRY

basil

Sourdough bread, butter and cheddar cheese

Pic related laid on for each bite

i am planning to make a grilled cheese with Camembert and some nice sourdough bread. Is this a good idea?

Ever one forgetting the cayenne

Just made one with chanco cheese and salami on hallulla bread, bretty gud

hey retard, kraft singles are made from milk, the milk just isn't cultured with rennet like actual cheese, hence the whole "it's not actually cheese" thing.

it's more of a melty, savory ingredient without strong flavor like other cheeses. lends itself well to burgers, sandwiches, grilled cheeses, etc.

I like to add bologna to mine. Nice fried bologna & grilled cheese sandwich with kraft american for the cheese

You don't make a Philly Cheese Steak Sub with high quality ingredients.
You don't make Poutine with high quality ingredients.
You don't make Grilled Cheese with high quality ingredients.
Some food is made to be garbage food for plebs. That's why Poutine, Cheese Steak, and Grilled Cheese are beautiful. They're common fare for common people made from common ingredients. Anyone who tries to gentrificate them needs to fucking kill themselves.

You. I like you.

Why not use high quality ingredients if they are available to you?

because you should be using those ingredients to make suitable high quality dishes, instead of trying to convince people to buy a $15 grilled cheese

We're talking about food, not the people who make it.

First reply is always correct. It's uncanny.

A TEASPOON OF PUSSY JUICE

>real salted butter
>bread of your choice - for me, texas toast
>cheese of your choice - i like deluxe american, couple of slices
>heat pan
>strip stick of butter
>press end of butter into pan, draw bread sized butter area
>stick bread onto melted butter
>repeat for as many gc you want
>let bread toast
>now draw butter square on pan again
>flip grilled bread over onto butter
>now put cheese on bread
>top with other ready grilled bread
>when bottom is ready, draw one more butter square on pan
>flip gc over onto it to finish last ungrilled side

voila... 4 sided grilled cheese... crunch in every bite. best with either dill pickles or bread and butter chips.

But none of the things people suggested here are expensive