What are your thoughts on the Nutribullet?

What are your thoughts on the Nutribullet?
If you don't like it, what kind of blender do you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n5Gn8jt55LQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nigger just get a Vitamix, that shit eats through bone. Literally threw the chicken carcass from those giant eagle 6.99 chickens and ground it up into stock with some water and salt

I have the nutrininja
Got it as a Christmas gift last year
It's pretty nice.
It doesn't make perfect smoothies, but pretty nice.

My nutribullet died literally died a week after my warranty expired. Went and got a vitamix because I'm bad with money apparently.

Expensive, but I feel like I could blend a brick in this thing.

How do you let a name like "baby bullet" make it all the way to production?

Damn, Vitamix is really that good?
Guess I should get that. Fucking price, though damn.

youtube.com/watch?v=n5Gn8jt55LQ

So, borrowed a magic bullet from my mom for smoothies, but it can't really handle frozen fruit. Hell, I even tried blending some ice cream for a milk shake and it started smoking.
Brother told me about the ninja something or other, found a few models in walmart. Anyone know if the master prep model can handle it? It says ice cubes, but I want to make sure. I'd go with the vitamix recommended in this thread, but shit nigga, that's epxensive, the master prep is like 40$

I've had a NutriBullet for about 2 years. It's convenient for mixing pre/post workout drinks. It can also make smoothies and I've never had an issue with it not being able to blend frozen fruit or ice or nuts, etc.

I also have a Vitamix. I use that primarily for soups, sauces, dips, etc. You can find refurbished ones for a few hundred dollars less.

Basically, I wouldn't trust the NutriBullet to blend anything for longer that 15 - 20 seconds. Anything longer than that goes into the Vitamix.

There is a newer NutriBullet out that's supposed to be more robust (e.g. you can blend and cook at the same time for longer blend times.) I've never used that one, though.

That's the blender with the cheap ass motor that literally overheats after like 5 seconds so they marketed it in such a way to make having to sit right next to your blender and basically turning it on and off for 4 minutes until it finishes blending because if you leave it running for longer than 10 seconds it'll start smoking and catch fire seem like a good thing, right?

They're total dogshit, or at least mine was.
I like the cups though. a better blender that could blend directly into single serving cups like the bullet would be nice but I dont want a bullet

You'll regret it when you realize you could have gotten a Blendtec.

>blended chicken carcass stock

Vitamix is superior in every way. Those "WILL IT BLEND" garbage videos are shit.

Vitamix has old fashioned design using old fashioned containers. Blendtec developed superior containers while Vitamix continued clinging to the past. As they're both as powerful as each other in other respects, the result is that Vitamix is simply inferior.

I was in the same boat. Wanted a Vitamix but screw the price on it. Went with the master prep Ninja from Walmart. It's pretty great. So far it has handled everything I have thrown at it, including ice and frozen fruit. The little food processor cup that comes with it is awesome too.

its shit videos but good marketing

I bought that ninja coffee bar and it came with a ninja blender to make frappes. Pretty strong milkshakes that are dq thick are ez pz

sounds like you just had a faulty model. either that or your were trying to make brick and concrete smoothies?

i've had both a nutribullet and a vitamix for almost 3 years now and i use the nutribullet pretty much every single day. the vitamix is clearly a superior blender, but the nutribullet is perfect for my quick smoothies i do in the morning, and the clean up is much more convenient. literally the only time i pull out the vitamix is for making nut butters. everything else goes thru the nutribullet, and i've never had a problem with it.
/infomercial

I've used both and I disagree:

1) power. They're the same.
2) jars. Vitamix jars have had multiple recalls due to safety issues with the blade assembly coming apart (google it). They are also very limited as to what size jar you can use. The blendtec jars have no such quality problems--in fact, Blendtec makes jars that fit the vitamix. That's what we use at work currently. Blendtec also makes jars in various sizes, including small ones optimized for thick pastes, nut butters, etc. Those options don't exist for vitamix.
3) Controls. Honestly, I prefer vitamix's on-off switch and speed knob compared to blendtec's pre-programmed cycles. However the blendtecs cycles do work very well, and the touchpad is much easier to clean than the vitamix.

I have a nutri bullet it can do most everything I put in it. I make hummus and enchilada sauce with it, as well as smoothies with frozen fruit.

Yeah, they're nicely powerful. My only gripe is that they're so small. They're great for making small-size smoothies but that's really about it. They're much too small to be useful for other kitchen tasks like pureeing soup. I'd rather spend a little more and get something larger so it's that much more useful.

My parents have a nutribullet, its very large and clunky but it works fine. Blends things.

I have a shitty blender that you need to stir up the ingredients several times throughout because the blades get caught, so I guess I'd prefer it over mine.