Who else here is counting calories?

Who else here is counting calories?

What's your daily budget?

What is your favourite food you eat often? When I make it it's usually about 90 calories per 100 grams(about 3.5 ounces), and it's pretty damn easy to make.

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
schwarzenegger.com/fitness/post/the-protein-bible-part-1-introduction
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ah, I omitted a whole sentence, I was talking about potato puree

Bodybuilder here. Currently cutting on PSMF, so I'm just going for the least calories possible while hitting my daily protein goal of 170g. Usually I end up at ~1000 calories per day. I eat lots of tilapia, tuna, salmon, and grilled chicken.

just out of boredom to see how much I eat.
Im a pretty healthy weight and I live a semi active life.

I am around 1400 right now.
750 of that is from a carrot pea stir fry tho

How do you grill your chicken? Grill pan, no oil?

1400 seems pretty low if you're trying to maintain your weight

I try to do sunday through monday, weekends calorie count goes much higher because pizza burritos and beer.

Throughout the week I try to stick to around 1600 actual calories to continue the weightloss whenever possible. Sometimes I don't know how to count calories for some things. Like home cooked meals. Well, I know how I could, I just don't add up all the different ingredients, then calculate based on rough portion sizes because lazy.

you guessed it.

I haven't actually tried doing it that way, but I'll try it out tomorrow. I've mostly been boiling them for the past few weeks I've been counting.

Work days I keep it 900 and under I usually only eat once a day. Days off I don't bother counting.

Nigga, do you weigh 170 Kg?

I wish. 170 lbs.

yah well im about to eat a burrito soo

>What's your daily budget?
500 calories. (Although I also walk 10km/day, so it's more like 200 calories in total after that)

>What is your favourite food you eat often? When I make it it's usually about 90 calories per 100 grams(about 3.5 ounces), and it's pretty damn easy to make.

Tomatoes are less than 25 calories apiece (100g), but they're expensive here. They're my preferred snack.

Sweetcorn (microwaved) is also pretty nice. It's filling, in a convenient serving size, and only ~120 calories an ear. It is probably one of my favourite foods. I can eat one per meal (as a meal) and comfortably keep within my daily calorie limit.

Eggs (boiled/poached/fried/dropped in soup), canned tuna, carrots, cucumbers, cabbage, lettuce, mushrooms, winter melon, etc. are also staples of my meals. I like making broths with them. They're warm, filling, and low-calorie. An entire saucepan can be less than 150 calories.

I have no self-control when it comes to scalloped potatoes, or potatoes of any type, really. Whenever I make it, I promise myself that I will only eat 100g. I never keep to my promise, and binge-eat the entire pan, because potatoes are delicious. So these days I avoid making it.

gosh, how much weight are you trying to lose?

I'm currently 90.3 lbs (down from 97? lbs). My goal weight is 83 lbs. I have a little over 20 days left to do this.

I'm just really small/short, so these weights are normal (within the 'healthy' BMI range) for me.

>People with eating disorders on a food board
Shocking.

Made an error converting from kg to lbs, goal weight is actually ~80 lbs.

why the deadline?

Because they're going to die soon.

I like looking at pretty pictures of delicious food (don't judge me). I've found that I like looking at pictures of food almost more than actually eating them. Most of the time, when I eat, it's more from boredom / following an ingrained schedule out of reflex rather than actual desire for the food itself.

And cooking is fun.

Going to America then, and anticipate on gaining it all back in the four days that I'm there.

I look very, very average for my height and age.

>I like looking at pretty pictures of delicious food (don't judge me). I've found that I like looking at pictures of food almost more than actually eating them. Most of the time, when I eat, it's more from boredom / following an ingrained schedule out of reflex rather than actual desire for the food itself.
Well, we're pretty similar people. Sorry for the accusatory tone before, you're a swell dude.

>dude

Thanks. I assume that's what we're all here for. Discussion about (and pictures of) food.

I eat about 1400kcal during a day. I want to lose 15kg as soon as possible. Started at 90kg, now at 84kg. I'm using cronometer to track calories.

i had music for dinner last night. was pretty good

less than 1k a day usually 800 range.
Went from 245 to 175, still going.

i do a semi fast somedays, including today. 2 egg whites and a carrot/kale/mango/ginger/lime smoothie at 9am, then nothing but tea until 9pm

Anorexia here, I stop at 200.

i hit just above 3000 kcal on my sports days (four times a week). on my off days, i don´t give a fuck, so it´s probably about 1800 to 2200

Nigga that's too much protein.

Your other macros are suffering.

That's the point of a protein sparing modified fast, he's eating too many calories though, needs to be closer to 800.

>1:1 protein:lbs
>too much
do you even sports?

pretty much this

I have to start again, gained ten pounds in the last few months. Fuck work :(

1810 calories a day. Lost 11 pounds so far in ~3 weeks. Used to eat maybe 3200 a day.

Feeling good about it.

>not understanding the point of PSMF

2700, trying to gain some weight (BMI around 17). I just add a bunch of sugar and oil to everything but it's barely working, my body heats up like a mofo when I have a calorie surplus.

I eat frozen blueberries by the massive Walmart bag they're about 70 calories a cup and rich in a lot of good vitamins n shit

my nigga. I'm doing 2000 a day, more if I exercise more. I used to eat 4k a day without even thinking about it.

Dunno how much weight I've lost, I hate weighing myself. All I know is that my clothes are fitting a lot better these days.

Should really start weighing yourself my dude. There might be days in the future where you doubt your progress, it's nice to have some numbers. At least for me.

>I like looking at pretty pictures of delicious food (don't judge me). I've found that I like looking at pictures of food almost more than actually eating them. Most of the time, when I eat, it's more from boredom / following an ingrained schedule out of reflex rather than actual desire for the food itself.

Soo that is a really common trait of people with eating disorders

I have an eating disorder so I only get maximum 600 calories a day at the moment, I am a 6'2 man and I am 97lbs, down 5lbs in the last few months. Normally I get down to about 94lbs then back up to 104lbs then back down again so I guess I am 'cutting' haha. Anyway here is my food for the last wee, my typical 'routine'

>Today (Wind down Wednesday)
1/4 of a 1000 calorie frozen pizza (250 calories)
Packet of Raisins (100 calories)

>Time to Bulk Tuesday
1 400g sweet potato, baked (350 calories)
100 calories of cashew nuts (100 calories)
1 Mars bar (250 calories)

>Malnourished Monday
1 Mango (200 calories)

>Slow down Slob Sunday
30 grapes (100 calories)
Vomit up 15 grapes (-50 calories)
1 snack pack raisins, I pretend they are the grapes I vomited as raisins are dried grapes (100 calories but I pretend it is 150)

>Six Hundred Saturday
Tummy Rumblin' Bacon and Eggs. This recipe is 1 rasher of bacon (80 calories according to the packaging) wrapped around a boiled egg (100 calories) wrapped in a slice of white bread (120 calories)

Then for Dinner I have A snickers bar (250 calories) dipped in Horseradish (50 calories)

>Five hundred calorie Friday
One Bell Pepper (50 calories) Stuffed with a bag of microwave rice (400 calories) with a very very small drizzle of Ketchup (50 calories)

>400 calorie Thursday
3 Apples (300 calories)
2 Banas (my special name for bananas cut in half) (100 calories)

I'm going for about 1500, but i'm at a pretty good weight right now so i've been a little looser on it.

For breakfast, I like omelettes filled with feta cheese. It's usually around 220 all together. I'm cutting now, so my limit is 1712, but I usually eat a little less, like around 1,660.

That's a really low limit. You're gonna rebound or kill yourself, m8.

Greek yogurt is my best friend. I'm eating a parfait with walnuts and mango right now, so good and it's only 250 calories. Plus it keeps you full forever.

I currently eat about 1200 calories a day, but I've been losing weight a bit too fast, so I might raise that once I have the money to buy more food. Other favorites of mine are turkey jerky, eggs, and soups.

>I am a 6'2 man and I am 97lbs,

Holy fuck, eat something

kek

I don't believe this for a second, but next time I feel like punishing myself I'll try a snickers bar dipped in horseradish. Thanks.

the recommendation is 1g/1lb bw, not kg.

still, even that amount is debatable. actually, there have been studies that indicate 0.8g/1lb bw is sufficient for anabolism, but i tend to hit the 1g/lb because protein shakes are delicious AF. and because i only found out about the 0.8g thing recently and i'm scurred to decrease tbqh.

you might need more on a cut though, not sure if that one's ever been debunked.

1000 calories is WAY too low for 170lbs though dude

It's 8-1.8 per kilogram, you fagwit.

No, the recommendation is .8 per kilo for someone not engaged in demanding labor or trying to build muscle; but for athletes the number may increase up to a range of 1.1 to 1.8 (again, per kilo).

In the event that you're at absolute max capacity, then 1g to 1 pound makes sense, but otherwise it's too much.

In the context of a fast it maybe, MAYBE makes sense. But it still seems excessive.

If you have sources which indicate to the contrary, I'll happily read them though. This is just based on what I've read.

Yes, I always count my calories. I follow the nutrition labels and serving sizes pretty much religiously.

I'm 5'5" and currently 164 lbs. (Used to be 214 lbs.) before I got off my fat ass and started exercising and eating better. I eat only about 1,500 but I've been wondering if I should be eating a little more.

I'm only able to exercise every other day during the week due to school (I exercise both Saturday's and Sunday's regardless) and burn about 663 calories running on the treadmill and then a couple calories more doing crunches on the weight machine.

I've read that you should be eating more calories after burning a good amount of it off but I still continue to eat 1,500 calories regardless. After a workout I usually eat 1/2 cup or a cup of egg whites (depending on how much sodium I've had for the day) and then something with carbs like black beans.

plz help I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing.

90% of people here with eating disorders kek. I don't count calories for the most part but I will in preparation for a sporting event just to make sure I am perfectly at a certain weight class.

If you're trying to lose weight then I say fuck eating more calories after exercising. Not only is it super easy to overestimate the calories you burn, but even if you (or the machine) are correct, by not eating the calories back you're just going to lose weight a little faster, which in most people's eyes is a good thing. As long as you feel Ok there's probably nothing wrong with what you're doing.

I'm pretty sure that I don't have an eating disorder. I like food. I enjoy eating food. It's just that I much prefer to eat good, quality food over large amounts of cheap/bland food. I'd much rather eat a single dish of smoked salmon, or a nice white chocolate sabayon and tiramisu, or a slice of expensive cheese than many boring plates of beans / rice / cheap, fried, oily empty starch.

Quality over quantity.

Aside from that, I'm very lax about my caloric limits. I never hate myself for eating too much, or force myself to do anything if I don't want to. I never vomit (physically can't/haven't for the last ten/twelve years). I don't binge, or purge, or fear gaining weight. I will - and do - eat anything I want to.

It's just a preference for good, delicious food.

I've been keeping it up for about two weeks now. I think it's doable.

Wow. That's very tall, and very underweight. I'm more than a foot shorter than you and have the same weight.

height?
M/F?

i dont mean to keep pushing this eating disorder thing. I mean now it doesnt sound like youre anorexic.

But sometimes people dont eat as much as they should and thats just as physically unhealthy .

If you're trying to lose, don't estimate calories burned. Just eat based on your bmr minus 500 daily, and keep your protein intake high.

If you're losing more than two pounds a week, add a little more to your daily intake.

This is my advice as a former fatass who trains weekly.

I'm counting calories as part of a weight loss effort. I don't have an exact budget, but I try to be in between 2,100 and 2,400 most days. If I eat much more than that, my weight loss kind of stalls out. If I eat much less than that, I worry about going too far the other way and ruining my progress by binge eating.

I try to change up what meals I make a fair bit, so there's no one thing that stands out as a meal. I do like either cheese or pineapple as a low-ish calorie snack, though.

I do miss biscuits and gravy, though. If I made that again and didn't eat >1,500 calories in a single sitting, it would be a miracle of self-control.

500 calories is basically starvation unless you're a sedentary midget.

>6'2"
>94lbs
damn dude
I had an eating disorder and am 6'3" but I only got down to 125
Should eat some more.

1500 hard cap on my daily intake. Started dieting in September and haven't gone over yet. I would say I average about 1430 or so.

4'10", 90.3lbs, female.

My "recommended daily energy intake" is not accurate. I've tried it.

I'm not sedentary, but I am short. It definitely does not feel like starvation, either way.

In fact, I'm far more energetic than I was when I was 97 lbs. Back then, I always felt lethargic and hated going outside. These days, it's much easier walking around - and I feel so normal. It is the best feeling.

What type of cheese are you eating?

It really is calories in / calories out. Stick rigorously to that, and it's almost mathematical. Weight loss is seriously 90% diet. It's much easier to not eat than it is to exercise off an excess.

I'm counting that I can't stop eating cooked bread with butter and jam on it. Can't do your little btard bulimia life hack, though so might get fat

Recommend bmi for your height is 91 on the low end, lady.

You're pushing into underweight territory.

I try to stick to ~1200 when maintaining, or ~1000 when actively losing weight.

5'5" 140 lbs, atm. Used to be 170. I'm aiming to get down to 115 by September.

are you a small woman?

3000 on a typical day, I am on a slow cut, just gradually losing about 5 lbs in the next two months or so.

>I only eat 1500 calories per day
>Well, I only eat 1200 calories per day
>Well, I only eat 800 calories per day
>Well, I only eat 500 calories per day
Jesus christ calorie counters are the worst. There are easier ways to lose weight.

im eating 1200 a day

i eat an entire bag of frozen broccoli anytime ive roughly reached my 1200 limit and get hunger pangs still

fucking love broccoli

Lmfao. Enlighten me, then. Which method of losing weight doesn't come down to the amount of calories you consume and expend? Spoiler: none.

I think his point was that you can achieve calorie reduction by other means than counting them.

for example, the classic "eat only half what you are served" diet is a calore-reduction diet, it just doesn't involve counting.

Also one of the reasons why low-carb diets like Atkins are effective is because that it's simply difficult to eat a large number of calories without any carbs. You feel full so fast on fat/protein that you simply aren't eating as much.

Chop off your legs. Faggot

That's a form of expending calories.

Which do you think would affect your weight more: the 10 calories you expended swinging the axe, or the 200 lbs of blubbery fat that just got lopped off?

It's to a kg, not a pound

Hard cheeses mostly. It doesn't take nearly as much to satisfy my snack cravings as potato chips or other convenience store junk food.

I try to do 1300 a day, but I often eat less. Great tip, if you have a savory craving, pickles are sodium packed, but like 0-5 calories. Great snack

Oh nice, about the same as cucumbers, I'll try that out.

I lost 55 lbs last year just from managing my calories. Once you understand how it actually works you feel like a dumbo for not having lost the weight sooner. I work at Starbucks now though so I've been slipping.

>I'm pretty sure that I don't have an eating disorder.
go back and reread your diet
>I much prefer to eat good, quality food
>I'd much rather eat a single dish of smoked salmon
>Quality over quantity.
>eats 1/7th of a slice of frozen pizza
>I never vomit (physically can't/haven't for the last ten/twelve years).
You cant throw up, there is nothing in your stomach to bring back up.
>It's just a preference for good, delicious food.
>eats 1/7th of a slice of frozen pizza

Any recommendations?

When I last went to a (quite high-end) buffet, I ate about three days' food in one meal. A lot. It was very tasty. I let myself eat as much as I wanted to without any regard for the consequences, and I didn't change/do anything to compensate the next day. At the end of the buffet, my stomach physically hurt (which I hadn't actually ever experienced before that day), I almost couldn't walk, and I dearly wanted to throw up. I didn't. I never do. The last time was ~twelve years ago.

Today I had an onion, cheese, and sage panini, three tomatoes, and a cup of soup.

I don't buy frozen pizza. Pizza-bread from the bakery tastes better anyway.

nope, it is to pound. i eat 2g protein per kg, that is 1 g per lb. he is a bodybuilder, i do strength training/ bodybuilding and long distance running. we need that much
again, do you even sports?

~1000 calorie is my average

But I can binge for couple days at a time if I feel like it.
Sitting around 150lb

Not the guy you were replying to, but I get fresh, cow cheese from the farmer's market which is about 100-110 per 100 grams.

eating 4500 calories a day

it's rough out there as a colleger runner, boys

>tfw hit my calorie limit for the day and still craving delicious donuts

veggie bean chili and bread is all I eat.

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

I'm definitely going to have to try that. It sounds/looks very much like what I'm looking for.

Don't you get bored eating the same thing over and over again?

cool, i know how to google some links, too!
schwarzenegger.com/fitness/post/the-protein-bible-part-1-introduction
>0.5g/kg body weight – this is the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) for protein. It’ll keep you alive and in general health. It is literally the minimum.

L-L O N D O N

Skinny as fuck dude here. I'm trying to maintain my weight while enjoying the food. I could easily afford to gain 10 to 20 pounds, but I like my current weight and it's easy to maintain.
So I'm aiming for 1800 calories, realistically I'm at roughly 2000. 5' 10" and 132 pounds.

Use MFP on Android and input everything I eat, keeping under my DRI and meeting my macros while keeping cholesterol and fat in check. I am trying to gain about 10 lbs of muscle this year, so it slowly increases the amount of protein I need and how much fat and other stuff I can take in as it syncs with Google Fit and shit. Currently taking around 2,640kcal, have gained barely anything in a few weeks, but some days when I am at work longer I eat much less. Currently taking 175mg protein and less than 90g fat each day.

1000 calories
250 grams protein

it isn't easy, I don't think there is any way to make this math work

>250 grams protein
So, roughly 40 eggs? Good luck.

>trying to cut because fatty fatty mc fat
>hungry all the time despite reasonable diet
>plateau for a few months
>yesterday decide to cut further to accelerate weight loss

breakfast was a hardboiled egg and a grapefruit, lunch was small bowl bean and veg soup with a small amount of cubed beef heart added and a wheat tortilla (didn't have bread). "dinner" was half an avocado and some pineapple and peaches in a smoothie, and a 130 cal granola bar because chocolate craving. Sitting here at 5:30 still hungry.

I can't stand my body. I weigh 130 and need to be like 110. I'm so disgusting. But the weather is so shitty...overcast and rainy for the past three days in a row. I don't even want to go for a walk in this garbage. Plus I have nothing to do and am bored so I just think about things I could make and eat and I'm miserable.

They have these super cute little bralette things in style, like arabic or gypsy clothing, and I realized I want to wear it but I'm a horrible fat blob.

the numbers really just aren't possible to hit, I've been running all sorts of calculations and I can't get it
tuna is the closest I have gotten, takes 11 cans of tuna to hit protein, but will hit calories in 10 cans
going the supplement route its hard when I'm strictly avoiding a mass gainer
protein hit in 8 shakes, calories hit in 5

>breakfast was a hardboiled egg and a grapefruit, lunch was small bowl bean and veg soup with a small amount of cubed beef heart added and a wheat tortilla (didn't have bread). "dinner" was half an avocado and some pineapple and peaches in a smoothie, and a 130 cal granola bar because chocolate craving. Sitting here at 5:30 still hungry.
For one, I don't think that you can weigh 130 and be considered 'fat' at any height. Seriously, you might be the only one considering yourself fat.
Secondly, you need more carbs. Carbs are energy and help keeping the hunger in check. Consider taking a small calorie hit in order to sate your hunger. Oatmeal with fruits and nuts for breakfast.

>I don't think that you can weigh 130 and be considered 'fat' at any height
Yeah, for example Shakira is one of the smallest popstars I can think of and she weighs 117 pounds at 5'2". If you're an adult and at 130, you literally can't be fat. You can't even be overweight. 130 might be, if you're that small, considered to have some meat on the bones, but that's it.

Chubby... Pic related. It's not a swimsuit, it's just clothing. They're gonna be in trend this summer and it's super cute, just like an anime. But I would look bad in it. I look okay in clothing, but naked you can see I'm kind of chubby.

I had been having homemade oatmeal and cottage cheese for breakfast but I would just get hungry again in like 3 hours. I like the hardboiled egg. It's my first time trying it as a breakfast food. Maybe the pepper is what does it, but it was more satisfying. People say oatmeal is filling but I really don't find it so.

Okay, random guy from the internet here. I like slim girls. Not skinny, but slim. You're at a great weight. Not chubby, just healthy. It's mostly your mind telling you this shit.
Then again, I'm just some dude on Veeky Forums. Go ask a friend. Ask him of her if he/she considers you to be chubby.
You're not. You look great in that outfit. Most guys don't like prominent hipbones, keep that in mind.

And in order to find a nice balance you might have to experiment, I personally prefer to eat two meals a day. A big breakfast and a big dinner. You can eat more if you only eat meals twice a day, it's more satisfying and filling. Works for me.

Just an example based on what I eat: 2 whole wheat breakfast buns with sliced sausage or cheese on top for breakfast, rougly 750 calories. An apple for lunch, 50 calories. Two bowls/plates of dinner, about 1000 calories. Both meals still my hunger and are easily enough to make me feel full. Adjust for your weight, height and calorie needs.

It's easier for me to eat two huge meals than several small meals spread out across the day.