Oven "Sun" Dried tomatoes to make any fit girl wet

Ok Veeky Forums I'm going to share with you all a little secret.
Veeky Forums chicks love chicken salad right?
>right
And you like hot fit girls with nice bods right?
>unhuh
Top that salad with some fucking sun dried tomatoes and she's happy
>yeah so I just go buy some
Wrong, you fucking make them because its easy and they taste a million times better... Enough to make those panties wet.

Also if you're alone and just like food, these things are fucking amazing on anything. Had some over easy eggs, toast, avocado and these babies for lunch today. Make them and you will be a god.

Start with discounted or dived tomatoes. This is about 3$ worth for me...

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/10/1012_051012_chinese_noodles.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Literally have to yell at my wife to stop eating these things so I can savor them for over a few days lol.

Also, only used the romas (not the bottom left beefsteak bag)

Peel off stickers and THEN wash them.

Cut in half

At this point you need to take out the middle stem. It usually hardens and makes them too tough, but you can always skip if you're really lazy i suppose. Not reccomended for all tomatoes.

Also Roma is best because of poor seed development. Overripe is best for added flavor|

Cut a V notch to get that thing out

Pic of V notch cut. Now, you can leave them like this and start process, or cut small and then start depending on how long you have or want to wait for them to be done. Smaller = faster. I wanted to take them out before going to bed and this prep was during the middle of the day so I halved the halves or quartered the tomatoes for those who can't keep up.

Quarters.

Now the drying/cooking process is more of an art But there are a few things to understand.

godly sundried tomatoes aren't just dehydrated. They are cooked and dried. The cooking breaksdown the sugars into more tasty bits of greatness which is what happens when you make a good fresh sauce anyways. They also need to be dehydrated so there is a balance between cooking and 'ideal' airflow or "drying"

Ideally all of the pieces should be identical in size to make the cooking/drying time more uniform. Generally you will have to take some out almost 3-4 hours apart depending on size. Sometimes you can slice a tomato in 6 pieces to make them the same size as your 4 piece cuts

Squeeze em in tight They shrink. Line your tray with foil (you'll thank me later). Give em your usual Italian spread of spices. I don't need to spell that out do I?

yes

These ones I wanted done fast so I started the first 45 mins at 325. Usually I would say do the first hour.5 at 275. My rush resulted in some mild burning but it wasnt too bad. Switching the trays in the middle will prevent one being done before the other and burning.

"Burping" or opening the oven to release steam speeds up the process. The quick cook at the start pooled a lot of juice on one of the trays so i drained it in the sink.

That pic must have been after WAY more hours. After your initial burst of heat you gotta drop it down to 200 TOPS, ideally 175. Now its going to take 5-10 hours depending on how big you slice them to get to the stages pictured. This was after 5 more hours or so.

Its really an art of how big you slice them versus temp/oven burping.

Once they start getting like this you can take out the ones that are getting done. to speed up the process take a small knife and stab each tomato 5-8 times to allow for the moisture to escape more rapidly.

drizzle on some oil and pop them in the fridge. reuse the oil later for cooking stuff or salad dressings. I find olive oil doesnt fare super well in the fridge so I use canola oil.

some good strats are to pick a day that you have off for your first batch and do this the NIGHT BEFORE.
slice big (like half them) and set them in at night and just go 175 all night. Check in the morning and then either wait or take some out. at that temp and size they should take a full 10 hours+

The exhaust of your oven also greatly impacts the rate at which they dry. Obviously if there is more moisture escaping then they will go faster

Glorious bastards.

Salt pepper basil oregano rosemary thyme small bit of tarragon small bit of cumin crushed chillies, what ever else you have... sage can be good... anyone else wanna chime in?

tomatoessssssssssssss

>cumin
Is Italy a chinkland now?

No garlic?
Could of flash fried the oil to cook with and just strained it
otherwise gj will try later

>could of
Don't be like this, man

you can rough slice garlic and just toss in a few chunks after if you like. works out nicely. I like them plain a bit more personally- more versatile. wife hates the garlic ones so i dont bother.

I always think of cumin cilantro chillies as my go to mexican style. didnt realize cumin was chinkky.

I find a small dash of cumin adds some nice aromatics though to my ital style sauces. not enough to overpower though

Hispanics got their cumin seeds from chinks and brown bombers.

like what, being constructive?

maybe
>implying
could have should be more assertive to fir in with the norms of slammin people around here...?

How does your wife's son feel about the garlic ones?

Would it be a good idea to extract the tomato jelly/seeds before putting these in the oven to aid in the dehydration process or would that compromise flavor?

Tomatoes are from the new world and pasta is from China.

we have no kids. Still young-ish and with aspirations of our own

I have wondered this myself. Perhaps I will do another experiment. At the very least it would speed up the process. Additional prep time though.

que?

It actually speeds up the time without too much sacrificing yield
I'm actually surprised OP didn't do it, especially considering how many slices he had

Why don't you simply cook a pepperbell ?

>pasta is from China.

Nope.

t. chinaman

Euros have been making pasta from wheat since the Roman times. Only fucktard white apologists and chinks think that China invented pasta

Sweet, this is why i love this board. You can share and learn

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/10/1012_051012_chinese_noodles.html

didnt look yet... rice noodles?