Dimsum > Sushi

Dimsum > Sushi

that is all

ok.

the deserts are gross though and ice cream sushi is delicious

>ordering sahara fried rice at dim sum

mmm, delicious yeast dumplings. I'm glad I'm not having avocados and rice right now

agreed, though you've probably just seriously triggered the weebs who browse here

Now if only it wasn't in a million fucking containers

What are you, a girl?

Unfortunately much more difficult to get decent dim sum where I live than it is to get decent sushi

*sigh*

I do plan to learn how to make my own
At least dem dumplings. Fucking xiaolongbao is gonna be quite the challenge

I love a good old fried dimmy.

i'm a chinky man, born and raised in chinky land
and i laugh at your comparison, in terms of objectivity

dim sum is a snack, a side dish at best
not comparable to sushi, which can call for a lot more effort (hint hint the number of michelin stars in jp)
you can't just go in a cn restaurant and order dim sum, and dim sum alone
unless it's for lunch/brunch..

but i doubt objectivity is what the teens around here want
so disregard all this

Around here we call that stuff Yum Cha, what's the difference?

Yum cha is like "tea time", dim sum is like "titbit". You eat dim sum at yum cha.

Grapefruits > Tasmanian Devils

golden retriever > computer

get the fuck out

I've never had a chance to try it.

I've only seen it advertised once at a mall in seattle when I was visiting, but the resturaunt wasn't going to be complete until 2017.

I don't know when I'm ever going to get the chance to try it.

>you can't compare two foods because they are used at different meals
>let me give you two random things in comparison as an example
Here's a fun tip, you can actually compare apples and oranges, as well as just about anything in the right context

Which is more expensive to take care of
Grapefruit tree or a Tasmanian Devil?
Which yields a more rewarding experience, playing with your dog or playing on your computer?
Which food item is more worth the time, money, taste or whatever qualifier, Dim sum or Sushi?

It's still a bizarre comparison though.

The fact that you feel the need to compare them in the first place has its own series of implications. It implies that the two are somehow in competition for favor or that you are choosing one at the expense of the other.

Yeah, a grapefruit tree is easier to take care of than a tasmanian devil. But having both doesn't somehow make the job of taking care of the other any more difficult. A comparison between a tasmanian devil and a cat would be more apt since having both comes at a much more serious expense.

Agreed.

Not comparable but i agree. Fuck.

Why not both?

The seafood ones of those are one of my favorite food in the world, i can platefulls of those slippery bastards.

I've always thought that sushi is kind of overrated. The flavors are either really bland or drowned out in soy and wasabi.

>more worth the time, money, taste or whatever qualifier,
either you're thinking of some mythical emperor's dim sum
or have only tried supermarket sushi

what part of dim sum not being a main dish don't you understand
it is not one, because it is not worth being one
low effort, commoner food

then again, the average trashy Veeky Forums student would go to some dinky chinky place
and chow down only that and this while the staff and chef laugh at them in the kitchen
because their tastebud is so stunted
that even low quality meat coated in flour and needing to be slathered in siu mei sauce to not be bland, is their worship dish

in fact, i think i have just discovered a strategy in marketing asian food to dumb murican

just make some generic sweet or sour sauce
slather it over mystery meat
and they'll all eat it right up

Get fucked dimsums are fucking nasty shit

No shit. Want a prize?
How can one man be so wrong.

This is a whole new level of autism.

Screencapped.

Direct translation from canto is just "drink tea" but yea, just pretty much just tea time