Umami burger

Have any of you eaten here? Been debating if I should stop and check one out. $11 burgers, hipster approved, are they worth it?

Try the new one at Ashburger

Wut? Is that a location?

>umemi anything

No because I am not a retard

Umami is more of a sensation and not a taste

I'm just tired of every foodie asshole insisting that brioche is a suitable hamburger bun. They need to fuck off with that shit.

What would you rather have?

yes its good.

>stop liking what I don't like!

A goddamned Kaiser roll, like a fucking man.

I always feel like these fancy burger places ruin burgers by using too much fat and undercooking the patties.

yeah i had fancy "gourmet burgers" for my bday, mcdonald's burgers would've been better.

They're good burgers. If you find the idea of $11 burgers to be abhorrent, you might have already decided not to like them, but they're solid.

had it a couple times they're bretty good thanks to high standard of ingredients. only place I am comfortable ordering a burger rare.

portions are small and the weird toppings are ultra gay. just order a standard cheese+LTO burger, maybe two if you're rolling deep or a side if you want to fill up for cheaper.

weird because I read your post as
>hurrrr

Spot on

hm, i just saw that the other day. OP do you live in chicago or is this a chain?

um no, it is a taste... just like salty, sweet, sour, and bitter

it isn't a FLAVOR is maybe what you mean to say

makes shake shack look like an affordable burger. the truffle burger was pretty solid though not gonna lie.

They're a chain. I am in so cal. Moving soon so I think I will try it once.

True. More fat does not equal better.

Umami is basically what Americans refer to as "savory", which, somehow hadn't been considered as a basic taste until umami was coined, which is retarded because it's linguistically used in much the same way as "sweet" or "spicy"

it literally is a taste i.e: an aspect of flavour perceived on the tongue.

People thought it was a basic taste for ages.

It wasn't *formally* considered a basic taste until Japanese researchers proved its existence and coined the term Umami for it.

I agree, but it's not that it's unsuitable period, it's just that brioche shouldn't be considered the best. Burgers have a long history with softer white buns that are not as eggy or buttery as brioche. Plus, in my experience, brioche buns are often too leathery on the crust and stiffly dome-like in shape.

To me, a brioche bun is one of those things that people do to make a burger "fancier", like replacing iceberg lettuce with arugula or something.

And then there are the people who aim to make burgers as rich as fucking possible. You know, overcomplicating things like ketchup and tomatoes.

All of that shit is cool but the burger is such an institution that the people who get it right like Shake Shack, In n' Out, Five Guys etc. are always gonna hold sway over experimental approaches.

i feel you on the brioche cause i prefer a good trad sesame bun or even a crustier less rich bread. but i think you can get past the 'fancier' thing cause arugula is coo with me and idk what you mean about ketchup and tomatoes.

yeah they're actually pretty good.
i would definitely recommend their fucking amazing truffle fries.

That might be because you're a whiny libcunt hipster Bernie-voter

le epic trolle man 8/10 good job really exudes umami flavor

WHAT THE FUCK IS UMAMI

*tips soy sauce*