Is it a sin to eat cheese with white wine?

Is it a sin to eat cheese with white wine?

I'm trying out a French style dinner course.
I've got some organic white cheddar and a little baguette for the starter, butter fried salmon and spinach for the main, and chopped lettuce dressed with olive oil and some apple cider vinegar for the salad after. Chardonnay throughout. Pretty plain, but I'm new to this, and my grocery options are limited.

Anyway, in circumstances like these, it would be awkward to switch wines, especially in a meal for one.

no of course not, a full bodied white goes well with a cheddar

Definitely not. Had scallops with mushrooms, swiss cheese, and white wine a few weeks ago and it was delicious.

You don't serve cheese as a starter, user.

Why do you say that?

The cheese course comes at the end of the meal in traditional French dining.

and

I'm surprised, since I'd heard it's an appetiser, but maybe that was an american point of view. I'll try switching the main and cheese around.

nigga serve cheese whenever the fuck you want

It's called "trying new things," user.

"Do whatever you want" really means "keep doing what you usually do." No wonder it's such a ordinary thing to say.

Yeah, cheese comes after dessert before coffee.

what the fuck are you even talking about

you just told a guy not to serve cheese as a starter because that's not 'traditional'

get the fuck out of here you pingas

I'm the OP. Shouldn't you be playing a first person shooter right now?

ok. well the tradition of having a cheese course before dessert is not set in stone. i don't think having salmon with sauteed spinach and a light salad FOLLOWED by cheddar and a baguette is particularly appropriate, would be better if you made melba toasts out of the baguette and maybe had some honey and walnuts with it to make it more of a cheese course.

no its after main course and before desert you fucking mong

t. frenchman

>desert
Thanks for that, Professor.

I was thinking more
Wine and cashews while I prepare and cook ->
Salmon & Spinach->
Cheese and Bread ->
Lettuce & vinaigrette palate cleanser

It would be odd to switch from savoury to sweet and back to savoury again.

As for positioning cheese after the main, this reminds me of the Japanese way of eating sushi: lean cuts first, fatty cuts last, then tamagoyaki (sweet blocks of egg wrapped in seaweed.) At least according to "Jiro Dreams of Sushi." Cheese is basically a lump of fat.

he's right, and pointing out spelling errors won't do shit to change that

if you want to do it the more domestic traditional french way i would just put out all that shit on the table at once.

>cheese as a starter

That went well.

I won't report on the cheddar and lettuce, since they are pretty much cheddar and lettuce.

>organic white cheddar and a little baguette for the starter

lmao

Could you be more specific? I have already reconsidered the order.

You should only eat shrimps with white wine

Of course not. It's personal taste, though cheddar with baguette would undoubtedly go better with any sort of red. Some red table wine for $6/bottle would be better than white in my opinion.

Organic is just marketing, unless that's just your choice. Cabot Extra sharp is a great cheddar and is available at most grocery stores in my area (Virginia). As far as the baguette I think that's okay if you slice it thin, but I usually go for a wheat cracker that isn't buttery with cheddar. "Stone Ground Wheat Crackers" is the only description I've got, but the flavor pairs with cheddar or brie very well.

If you stick with the baguette, I'd throw in some thin sliced salami or pepperoni with it.

Another option would be to replace the cheddar with a chev (goat milk cheese) which is more like a cream cheese. Available at sam's club/costco.

in general white wine with fish m8.
but also we often drink white wine as apéritif with cheese and charcuterie and such as well

By organic I meant not plastic. "Real" is a little vague.

Ingredients list: pateurised cow's milk, salt, starter cultures, vegetarian rennet

Obvs. pasteurised and vegetarian anything isn't ideal, but it's pretty clean stuff

God damn, the wine hit me harder than I expected

Frenchman here. White is perfectly fine with cheese, with a cheddar I suggest a sweet white wine like Sauternes or chablis maybe

did someone said french cuisine?

>frenchfag cook here

can i help you with something?

yeah ur going to hell rip in pieces