Is french press a meme or can it make some good coffee?

Is french press a meme or can it make some good coffee?

It is the best way to make coffee, unless you want an espresso.

Just made some heavenly coffee with one. Why would it be a meme?

completely overrated pretentious coffee maker and coffee

people who claim otherwise are people who if they walked in while you were masturbating would say you're doing it all wrong

yea, those guys

We call it a cafetière in Britain.

Yes you can make good from it, be prepared for a few powdery grounds at the bottom of your cup though.

It's a step up from a drip machine but not as good as something more expensive or complicated.

What's the best espresso maker?

Seriously? I thought you avoided French words.

>is X a meme?

Fuck off.

Im more of a tea drinker myself, is this the best one for when my friends want coffee? what style of coffee do you put in it? (powder, beans, etc) On a similar note, whats the life of coffee beans

>Seriously? I thought you avoided French words.
No, we make no effort to avoid them at all.

It's a rough powder mate, and the selections are a mile-long. After you have opened the packet though, keep it in the fridge.

They're good, but you need a really really good grinder to avoid silt. If you don't care about silt any burr grinder encore level or above should be fine.

Best espresso machine is very highly debatable. Just what comes to mind for top end pump machines: Slayer, NS Black Eagle, Dalle Corte, Opera, Strada, and Speedster are all in the running. Decent Espresso could possibly be a decent (heh) contender for budget home users, but I have my doubts. We'll see.

Some people, myself included, prefer lever machines however.

you might've just known a couple brits who really had a thing for hating france.

can we stop using the word 'meme'? most people here dont know what it means/are confused

the main thing about french press is that it is better than a drip machine

thats what happens when a place percieved as cool gets over run by people trying to act in the way we jokingly acted. meme, that frog, etc all look cool to them so they try to act that way

>better quality than drip
>not 8^10 ways to fuck it up like with hand-pouring
>encourages owing a kettle, the god of kitchen utility
>just mainstream enough to not be pretentious

I'd say its a perfect everyday maker.

I don't actually know. It's not mine.

>completely overrated pretentious coffee maker and coffee

What? It's the simplest most humble way to make coffee.

theyre great, but not for everyone or thing. I like to think theyre a casual coffee device, something you use when you don't want coffee every morning, but plenty of people use it for just that.

Stop using memes is a meme
Calling things a meme is a meme
Stop calling things a meme is a meme
Your mom memed pretty hard last night

Keep coffee grounds in the fridge for about a week, then throw them away.

Best combination in terms of effort/cost/taste.
I've gotten better coffee at a fancy cafe, but I'm pretty content with my homemade french press brew as well, tuned to my tastes and preferences.

>meme
Faggot

>just mainstream enough
the electric drip machine has been mainstream since 1970.
Anything else is basically a contrarian hipster toy at this point.

yes but you can also make some very shitty coffee with it. you'll probably brew a few horrible batches before you figure out how to use it properly