I've been a bread delivery man for going on 5 weeks

i've been a bread delivery man for going on 5 weeks.

ask me anything.

i deliver to major hotels, a few national chain restaurants, a major airport and restaurants within it, high end office buildings, high end restaurants, shithole hotdog stands and everything inbetween.

What state are you in?

IL

Same here. I hosted a bread member association where all the people who owned bread companies got together at.

P. Boring.

you're a faggot who delivers bread to people, stop trying to milk attention out of your shitty job

sage

i can't imagine talking to a bunch of bread company owners would be all that exciting. delivering bread is a lot different.

welp, i lucked out and even though i just started i have a badge that allows me to drive inside ohare international airport. the guy that runs the route hurt his back and might have to have surgery. he might never come back. i'm gonna make $90k this year.

job is commission based. i think i failed to mention that.
i'm also a union truck driver

Your job sounds incredibly uninteresting. I have no questions.

i'm in the kitchens of major restaurants. i deal with the chefs and eat their food. (i get offered free food at almost every stop i have to pick and choose).

i see what hotels are run like shit, i know what people at conventions are gonna eat before they do and get to walk out into the rooms while they're setting up, i drive in traffic at the airport with 747s. i decide which chain restaurant is gonna get the fresher buns because i like the manager better.

every day is an adventure man.

Holy shit, you're so fucking starved for attention. Nobody gives a shit.

Neat, is this a union only thing? You drive a truck then? CDL?

do you deliver bread?

how long have you delivered bread for?

do you deliver to any major hotels?

Is it a boring, white bread kind of job? Can it be a pain? Does it butter your bread on both sides? Would you say you bring home the bread?

>Can it be a pain?

Sup, frenchie bro?

i just assumed people on a cooking board would like to know where their bread comes from. fag.

there's a few bread companies in the area. only one that i know of is non-union. i don't need a CDL for the truck i drive but my company does have trucks that size.

also, all the bakeries buy bread from each other. we ship boxes to other bakeries and have them label stuff with our logo and vise versa. if its not homemade bread you're eating the same shit no matter who you buy it from

How fast can you drift down the touge without spilling anything?

>sage
kek
when was the last time this was used seriously?

Are all kitchens overrun by low tier human beings? Or i better rephrase...have you ever seen a decent kitchen? with educated, kind and warm people?

>ask me anything.
Okay. Why the fuck have you lot been showing up late the last few weeks?
Used to be all three bread deliveries showing up at once, queuing outside and jockeying for space with the outgoing vans and the fresh delivery.
Now you just sort of trickle in whenever you feel like it.

Is it because the door broke and trapped a van full of bread inside?

on this particular route most of the kitchens are well run and the "chef" insist on being called chef and everyone there has a job and they know what they're there to do.

mom and pop places are run by mom and pop and they either run it themselves or have kids doing what they say.

the mid level is run by ignorant niggers and spics and the owners don't care and unless it's corporate they're pretty gross.

i don't know where you work, but my schedule is decided by me and the bakery and how much your account is worth.

every motherfucker wants delivery early, but if you order $100 a day and want your bread before 5am and the bakery fucks me cuz i'm wating for shit to load my truck and i can't get out on time, i'm gonna make you wait for the account that orders $1000 a day and wants their bread before 5am.