Meal prep

>Does anyone here prepapre meals?
> After making it do you freeze it or put it in the fridge?

I'm trying to get Veeky Forums. 19 year old and have no idea about food and can't cook

I just want to prepare 21 meals so I can get 3 prepped meals per day and mirowave it.

Also:
>is 8 ounces good a good serving for chicken breast, ground beef, and tilapia?
>if i wake a cup of cooked rice how much do i put in the ricemaker uncooked?
>is 100 grams a good for serving size for potatoes?

Please help Veeky Forums

I have done this a few times and it's pretty awesome.

>trying to get Veeky Forums
>ground beef and tilapia

I usually prepare food for 4 portions, eat one, eat another one tomorrow and freeze the rest.

Fits well with the package sizes in supermarkets, it's cheaper if you don't have to throw away anything.

I cook twice a week and fridge usually. Just figure out what reheats well and go from there. I got 3 bigass containers right now one full of beef stew, one full of red beans, and another full of rice. I make between 8-10 servings each cook session and end up with enough food to eat monday through saturday. Sundays I go out to eat.

Stuff that is high in water content reheats well. Usually rice gets 3x bigger by volume when you cook it, but it depends on what kind you make. Most things you pull out of a slow cooker reheat just fine from fridge, and its an easy way to cook in bulk.

based on the OP pic:

7 servings of pasta with zuccchini and meat
7 servings of quinoa with mixed vegs (carrots/broccoli)
7 servings of one sweet potato with asparagus
7 hard boiled eggs
7 servings of scrambled eggs baked in muffin tin with the addition of veggies/cheese optional
2 large cucumbers sliced
one yellow bell pepper
one orange bell pepper
one package of strawberries

i'm not sure what the thing on the botton right is but it might be chicken? although one serving of chicken a day seems like plenty

with what i wrote out you would get 3 meals a day plus egg snacks to tide you over

you could also add 7 hand fruits of choice. maybe 7 pears or oranges

>lean ground meat and fish
What are you, retarded?

OP, depending on whether you are trying to cut or bulk will determine your portion sizes. You need approximately 1/3 c. uncooked rice to make once cup cooked. And yes for the potatoes, although they're a simple carb so you probably should consider a complex carb like whole grain rice/pasta/squash.

Both are good sources of protein.
What's the problem exactly?

i notice if i'm microwaving something, some dishes i need to either sprinkle a bit of water and/or cover it completely so it doesn't become a dessicated POS by the time the microwave is done with it.

I have to do that with the beans and rice. If you using a higher watt microwave do it lower setting and a longer time that helps too.

get a little water spritzer and spritz the foot and then the lid and close the lid. that'll provide plenty of moisture without making your food a soggy mess

make an empty space in the center of the plate like a bagel and food will microwave more evenly

I really wish I could do this but I live in student accommodation and only get 1/12th of a freezer, barely enough for 2 days' meals.

could you buy a small fridge for your room

That's just a pic I found on Google, but it's kind of the gist of what I'm trying to do

Thanks. is 8 ounces for meat/fish good?

I'd buy extra lean beef, skinless chicken breast and tilapia

>Thanks. is 8 ounces for meat/fish good?

It's a fairly large serving.

>>extra lean
>>skinless
>>tilapia

Why do you hate flavor so much?

He's from Veeky Forums. They go overboard with their diets, removing anything even slightly unhealthy.

here. I live in dorms 8 floors away from a kitchen with a minifridge. It is possible.

I'm not that autistic but I just want to make sure I do this right starting off, different websites say different portions do I'm kind of confused

>different websites say different portions do I'm kind of confused

No kidding. That's because portion sizes vary depending on personal preference, how many and what kind of side dishes are served with the food, the style of cooking, and so on.