Whats your guys favourite way to make shrimp?

Whats your guys favourite way to make shrimp?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BdAUvAXCUW8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shrimp Étouffée

mein nigga

Looks pretty damn good.

It's easy, too.

At it's most basic form:
>make a roux in a heavy pot
>saute holy trinity in roux (onion, celery, bell pepper; 2:1:1 proportion)
>add fuckton of cajun seasoning, like Tony Chachere's
>add stock, chicken will work fine
>simmer for like 30 minutes, add shrimp at the end just long enough to cook the shrimp

Serve over white rice, and you're good to go.

Don't skimp on the veggies.

Feel free to add your own personal touches. Some add crushed tomatoes, but I think it's technically 'shrimp creole' at that point. Okra is fine if that's your thing. I think zucchini is fine, too. I highly recommend you top with some green onion.

Coconut butterfly deepfry, or in pan friend in tons of oil with garlic, lemon, hotsauce, and green onions

babby shrimp w/ farfalle in a pink sauce, oh my
or just throw'em on the barbie if they're all grown up

Dude. I'm with you on shrimp ettoufee being one of the best shrimp dishes, but your technique is awful.

tasty shrimp alfredo

>but your technique is awful.

You going to explain why, or are you just going to shitpost?

I'd love to see more ideas on how to make it.

ON THE BARBIE CUNT

this basically but with some hotness added into it

shrimp and cheese grits

>no notation on what kind of roux to make
>using premade seasoning
>no garlic
>not using stock made from the shrimp shells and any other seafood bits you have around
>not low simmering for an hour to let the flavors develop
>not serving with creole rice
>saying okra is fine, you might as well be making gumbo
>zucchini

The only things you got right is adding scallions at the end, and leaving out tomatoes.

10/10 would kek agin

With some saffron rice and gremolata

cooked in butter and a hefty amount of garlic
a splash of lemon and a little bit of old bay

scampi

youtube.com/watch?v=BdAUvAXCUW8

Thus why I specifically said "at its most basic form".

Not everyone has all of the seasonings laying around, and there's LITERALLY nothing wrong with pre-made seasoning,

The roux should be a more blonde roux, not quite the shade of peanut butter. The reason for this is you primarily want the thickening power, not just the nutty flavor of darker rouxs. Darker roux doesn't thicken as well.

I left out the garlic purely on a mental omission.

I said chicken will work fine because very few stores carry seafood stock, and making your own stock is a PITA, and there aren't enough shells from the shrimp you're using to make a proper stock.

I usually go for 45 minutes or so, but an hour is likely overkill. You'll end up with too soft of veggies. If you can find a few reputable authorities on the subject that recommend longer than 45 minutes, I'll take that into consideration.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'creole rice', this coming from someone born and raised in the heart of Louisiana creole cuisine.

Okra is fine, which is why I specifically said that the user is free to add to their personal touches. Either way, okra is certainly not a defining feature of gumbo vs etouffee.

You're heart's in the right place, but your criticism was unwarranted, and would have been better worded as an addition to the conversation, not an attack on my 'technique'.

tl;dr I was raised where this cuisine was born. You're right about a little, and presumptive about everything else, in the context of a first-timer.

Shrimp and Grits are p good, my favorite has fried grit cakes.
I usually dont cook seafood at home though

salt and pepper shrimp
shanghai noodles

>LITERALLY nothing wrong with pre-made seasoning,

Sure there is. Because it's not freshly ground the spices have lost a lot of their flavor.

I also find that most brands are far too salty, though you can get salt-free or low-salt versions.

Heterosexual shrimp copulation.

For someone who "grew up in the heart of creole cuisine" you don't know jack shit about it.

Those are prawns nigga

iirc they dont copulate, they have extracorporeal insemination

>muh premade seasonings
You forgot to mention that not having speakers in his kitchen is doing it wrong.

stuffed with jalapeno cream cheese and wrapped in bacon

Blackened grilled shrimp tacos man

Sriracha, Filthy Frank style.

Franku really needs to release a cookbook.

Whole shrimp pan fried in butter. I love shrimp in general but the shell, head, and tail add so much flavor.