Ethiopian food

I am planning to visit a highly rated Ethiopian restaurant soon and I am wondering for any recommendations of what to order. I like spicy and more subtle food equally.

Often times you just choose the meat (or vegetable) and get a full platter like in your OP pic.

most ethiopian places have some kind of combo plate on the menu so just order that to hit all the bases and save money

otoh do they do tend to load those combos up with cheap shit like lentil or bean dishes, so order the meat if you want it

Thanks anons! Any authentic food/meat that you are recommending? I don't want to just eat chicken with a salad as I can get that at even fast food restaurants. I want to try something authentic yet universally considered good tasting.

they're known to serve raw beef called.... kofta or something like that. that's pretty authentic but if you feel like they might use shitty beef i'd skip it

It's called kitfo, kofta is some middle eastern shit
Get a mix of stuff, the vegetarian stuff is good. Try tibs if you like meat

Kofta is more like a meatball, and it's cooked.

I've never had Ethiopian food, but it's okay, because neither have Ethiopians.

Spend all night thinking up that one?

It does not take all night to come up with an Ethiopian joke because we have calories to spare... watch.

Ethiopians are stupid because they shit in their own water and call it soup. they also try to fuck babies because they think it cures aids and niggers were better off as slaves.

See? Shit writes itself.

>were better off as slaves.

Ethiopia was never enslaved though. No one would try it because half of Europe and the Middle East would get pissed off at you since everyone used it as a major trading center.

niggers are STILL better off as slaves. cant argue that. I like your fact checking though. tight.

Fasolia wott and Atakelt wott omfg

heeheehee =^)

>"joke"
>not funny at all
k racist

vegan ethiopian is the best ;D

>ethiopian
>food

u wot m8?

Well that explains why all of them look skeletal

You know the famine ended back in 1985, right? That's longer than the age of most people here.

Who cares, I'm just having a laugh at the expense of niggers

ho-ho, good 1 m8 =) XD

It looks like various collections of vomit on a towel

This one looks worse

If you haven't been before, eating it can be confusing because most ethiopian places don't offer utensils. See that big ol pancake everything's sitting on top of? That's called injera, and it replaces the utensils. You're supposed to roll up the whole thing like a burrito and just shove it into your mouth.

Fuck off if casual racism actually offends you

go back to /b/, kiddo

>kiddo

You're the one crying about supposed "racism" on Veeky Forums

Please end your pathetic existence

What does kiddo mean then?

Go back to /b/. That's the only part of Veeky Forums that actually thinks saying "nigger" is funny.

>>/pol/

>d-das raycist!!111 xD
sup reddit

still waiting for your joke...

I cannot believe you have the nerve to say the "N-Word". As an African American, I am appalled at how that word is just tossed around by ignorant assholes like you.
You have no idea the struggle I faced growing up. The first time I was called that word, I broke down. I was never the same. And here you are, uttering the same word on a cooking forum.

Shame on you.

You should post a trigger warning before saying shit like that.

>My clever racism didn't convince them, I'll try image macros!

Most of those look like my dogs vomit

My ex once wanted to go eat that shit and I told her I didn't want to go eat dirt and flies. Dumped that stupid bitch like a month later cos she caught me cheating on her kek

niggers

Anybody else here notice how few good pics there are of Ethiopian food that don't look like stock photos?

I think it's because hipsters feel a bit more self-conscious pulling out their $1000 DSLRs in restaurants run by people who've recently escaped poverty.

Went to dinner at a place in New York and I was not a fan at all. Over or underspiced. Got sick the night after.

They had a native brand of honey wine that was excellent though.

I've been thinking about introducing my wife's son to ethiopian cuisine since that's his heritage

Where should I start

Whoaa am I on /int/ or Veeky Forums? If you lads want to eat real Ethiopian food, go for some kurt or kitfo. I belive that's the reason my wife's son is so hung.

If you're too much of a pussy, go for some awaze tibbs, doro wot and a vegetable mix of course. Coffee after dinner is a must.

-0/10

Fuck off nigger

heh, it's funny because you said a bad word! epic my friend!

>Ethiopian food

Please let this meme end.

It's perpetuated by one or two anons that try desperately to convince the rest of Veeky Forums that this is really a thing.

Let it lie and die a death.

t. sheltered flyover

ethiopian food is shit. sorry, thats just the way it is.
They have a few nice pastes with good flavour but those grey pancake things they use as eating utensils fucking sucks

There is a reason no one gives a shit about african food, food all over the world has been eaten and developed for ages, meanwhile Africans ate whatever the fuck kind of dead bat or rotting bird they could find until other cultures taught them that you can actually enjoy your food.

>t. sheltered flyover
Nope.
I'm not American, try again.

Are you such an uncultured shit that your insults are from the 80s?

Not the user but are you trying to infer that unless people think that 'Ethiopian cuisine" ™ is fantastic , then they are uncultured?

And your point?

Lol, he was simply implying his joke was outdated you hyper-sensitive white boy

>you hyper-sensitive white boy
Now you change the argument from insignificant cuisine into a race issue . . . .Brilliant!

Since we're talking about kitfo and stuff, what's the best meat part to make tartar/kibbeh/kitfo out of?

Race was totally uninvolved in this thread until people like you brought it into this thread.

>Race was totally uninvolved in this thread until people like you brought it into this thread.

Read this dipstick.
> you hyper-sensitive white boy

Nobody mention race until this!

Theres 52 other replies and half of it is people shit posting like you

heh

loin

looks like poop

fucking niggers

die faggot cuck nigger

go back to your hug box and stay there you double nigger

thats some nice bait, nigger

pretty sure you're unable to get one ugly bitch, let alone two liar cuck faggot

fuck off faggot

too poor for fire for cooking, yet can afford meat? perhaps parasite in brain, causing retardation

>If you haven't been before, eating it can be confusing because most ethiopian places don't offer utensils. See that big ol pancake everything's sitting on top of? That's called injera, and it replaces the utensils.
Yes, there is some on the side too, since the bottom one get wet and, well, is under the food.
>You're supposed to roll up the whole thing like a burrito and just shove it into your mouth.
Lol no.
You break a bit of bread and pick up some food with it.

>afford
>not raise

user...

this thread has the most edgy 10 year olds of any Veeky Forums thread i've seen, congratulations

So many racists come here omfg

Jannies stepping up to combat the flood of crossboarders, too bad I've already been caught in the crossfire and banned like 3 times this year.

Can we make "meme" as a noun modifier bannable?

>is bacon a meme
>is sriracha a meme

FUCK OFF

(inb4 I get banned for /meta/posting)

not enough if you ask me

Why does this happen every time we try to talk about African food?

Cuz africans are niggers

Can you fuck off back to tumblr? Please and thank you.

Your image answers your question.

tl;dr Ethiopian food still sucks