Dark chocolate

This shit is a meme, right? How badly must one fool himself to think that removing sweet and adding bitter actually improves the end product?

bitter sweet chocolate has a nice depth of flavor

What said, although % isn't all it's cracked up to be. The bean sourcing and processing/couching method matters more.

What does that even mean

Its pretty great right up till around 75% cacao, but any more than that and you might as well be eating bakers chocolate.

I like dark chocolate more because milk chocolate gets redundant if you have too much while dark chocolate doesn't.

I'll be plenty happy when the dark chocolate fad passes.

sounds like lovey dovey fairtrade bullshit logic to be quite honest, family.

Balance of ingredients is the most important. "Dark chocolate" presents an inferior balance (too little sugar, too much bitter cocoa) as a more sophisticated alternative to milk chocolate and I feel I must call out this bullshit.

It's a bit memey. 50%-60% percent is the optimum level of dark. The darker is OK, but not as good. People get caught up in >muh cocoa percentage to tell themselves it's actually better.

>>eww yucky
go eat some candy more suitable for your age then, you 12 year old faggot.

see you 10 year old twat basket. Not everyone has the taste of an infant, and plenty of people enjoy bitter tastes.

I wish I were smart like you guys and knew what I really liked. All I do is see words on packaging and I can't think at all I just obey what the words tell me.

It's like the whole "IPA is a meme" meme. Some people like bitter things, others don't. That's all there is to it. If X food product is being made and marketed, then you know there's demand for it.

Why won't people stop liking what I don't like? God! It's so hard to be me!

>meme meme meme
fucking americans

lindt is alright cocoa, a bit harsh on the flavor profile.

if you want a better bar of equal content, try Trader Joes.

I bought 2 bars at $1.99 each.

I think they go nutballs on the vanillin. They kinda taste like Lucky Charms marshmallows to me.

That is a gross overstatement. More like fruity pebbles if you want to compare to cereal.

i don't know what the fuck a meme food even means but why do you think i give a fuck? if i like it i'll eat it, if i dont then i won't

Yeah, maybe overstatement. Not saying it's not decent. The vanilla flavor just overpowers it to me. Good price though. Lindt definitely tastes smokey. Has some coarse nibby bits in there, too. Not a fan.

just like peanut butter, chocolate is better with some crunch.

The flavor profile changes as the liqueur melts in your mouth.

Don't eat it then, more for me. There's plenty of HFCS-added compound-choc going around if that's more to your taste.

Dark Chocolate is delicious, I find milk chocolate far too sweet. It really isn't a meme food...

>all these unhealthy fucks talking shit about dark chocolate
>"MUH M-M-MILK CHOCOLATE!!!!"

wanna know how I know that you are fat fucks?

I just like bitter things, user.

Bitter chocolate made for bitter people.

>This shit is a meme
Do you actually know what that term means?
I don't think you do, I think you're a little slow in all honesty.

If someone dared to give me dark chocolate, I'd spit it out on their floor.

>If someone dared to give me dark chocolate, I'd spit it out on their floor.

the time your mother forced you to eat something you don't like is over user... or you still live with your parents!? and mom cook for you every day and your dad say each time "so long you sitt on this table, you eat what is on the plate and if you are not happy you can go to bed without a dessert!" ...

I really enjoy the taste of rich chocolate melting in my mouth, and it lasts forever. Chocolate with a lower percentage isn't as rewarding when trying to really savour the taste.

Also tastes great with coffee or rum, and you can use it for cooking as an added bonus.

>le Veeky Forums "they must all be pretending" autistic inability to relate to people with different tastes meme

dark chocolate is meant to be consumed in tiny amounts at high quality, with an espresso or coffee after a meal.

are you amerifats really trying to eat your typical giant bar of dark chocolate in one sitting and complaining that it isn't nice? I love the stuff but more than a few tiny pieces is overkill.

dark chocolate is best for cooking like baking some brownies, making chocolate glaze on top of the cake, adding it to beef sauce or that mexican chicken thing

it tastes too bitter solo, but is best for cooking

/thread
I have been eating this stuff for over 30 years so its not a "fad" that will pass.
Fucking idiots

My favorite lindt bar.

Dark chocolate pairs much better with fruit than milk chocolate does.

If I'm going to eat milk chocolate, I can only do so in small doses. Gets too sweet.

Actual lol

Some people prefer it that way. We call them 'europeans' and bomb them every few decades.

this shit is so good in chilli

obviously you have never tried this product, which contains sugar

you will never be happy, admit your chronic depression

yes

admit that you are a faggot

Nobody likes you Ahkmed.

you are one sophisticated faggot

Admit that you have shit taste

>I enjoy bitter foods while this man enjoys sweet foods

>subjective taste? what's that

>better scrounge up what little superiority I can muster by belittling a person on the internet for his tongue's preference in African Bean Treats

there are mild versions with the same amount of cacao but with other cocoa sorts and a longer conching process.

I also had a bar with 99%. that whole thing contained just 1g sugar and you get used to the bitterness. But i can't find them anymore

I like it so much i don't even eat it. - i just sniff it instead.

A bar will last me an infinite number of years.

Make no mistake chocolate itself isn't healthy.

I mostly use it for baking 2bh. Favorite being my double chocolate brownies.

>add milk chocolate to the batter
>make ganache from 90% dark chocolate and spread that shit on after baking

Fucking ridic, lads.

where are proofs

Like anything else, shit's fine in moderation. Even healthy in moderate amounts, chocolate is... kinda like alcohol.

chocolate being healthy study was a fake to expose crappy research paper sites, 1 ounce of chocolate being 120kcal and that's unsweetened baking chocolate.

A balanced product isn't always 50/50, idiot.

In milk chocolate, the milk is not used to flavor the chocolate - it's to dampen the harshness of the chocolate and to create a creamier texture. The only things that flavor a bar of chocolate is the chocolate itself and the sugar they add.

Therefore, a superior chocolate blend would focus on those ingredients which create flavor (the chocolate and the sugar) and less on the milk.

where are proofs

Is lindt better than ghirardelli?

both are shit

post yfw the idiots on this board hear how dark chocolate is more "patrician" than milk chocolate, then boast about how the only chocolate they eat is unsweetened baking bars
>mfw I have no face

I like Haigh's dark couverture. I doubt that it's hardcore dark but it seems to pack the good parts of dark without the bad.

It's not like it's actually bitter though, it's just less sweet.
I like around 70% the most, but it's very clearly all quite sweet.

Not everyone has failed to overcome American sweet tooth addiction indoctrination as you have. Sweet shit is sweeter yeah, has nothing to do with better. I'm sure it will come as a shock to you that with a good cup of quality coffee, people sometimes drink it with no sugar to enjoy the flavor straight up unmasked.

Let it melt, don't chew, breathe, enjoy the complexity of flavors and aromas that come out when it melts. It's nothing spectacular but it's equally as enjoyable as milk chocolate if you eat it right.

Dove milk chocolate is the best of all.

Pretty much this. Percentages beyond that is where I typically find chocolate to be more of an ingredient then a snack.