SIMPLEST good meals

What are some of the most SIMPLE and delicious meals?
I mean in the style of smoked salmon + broccoli. That simple.

Bonus points for being budget and lazy friendly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bJUiWdM__Qw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rice and black beans with some chopped chicken, a little cheese on top. I layer it in a bowl. Pretty much live off this shit.

Omelet. Mushrooms, maybe some cheese. Done.

Canned tomatoes cooked in a pan with olive oil and a little sauce, throw it over some pasta, put a bit of cheese on it. You can grill the cheese a little too if you're feeling fancy.

I ate a lot of this when I was poor for a while. I still have it every once in a while because I Iike it so much.

>little sauce*
*salt

>sauce
What sauce

>Breakfast
chopped potatoes, onions, peppers, fry them in some butter and a bit of oil, let sit for awhile and then stir, remove when desired crispiness is reached. Fry one or two eggs. Optional: fry mushrooms before eggs.

>Dinner
Fry leftover rice, any veggies you want with it, SPAM and some eggs. My favorite simple dish.

>Supper
Two chicken thighs bone-in skin-on, some canned green beans or whatever ya like, one baked potato

What could I replace the cheese with in this?

jalapeno hollandaise

Cornmeal with chopped broccoli and onion, cold-pressed rapeseed/canola oil, loads of black pepper
Cornmeal with spinach and garlic, cheese (gorgonzola, feta, cheddar...), plus coarsely ground hazelnuts

I recommend 3:1 water for the cornmeal, you can just throw the veggies in and cook them in the cornmeal, and you definitely want to serve meat/fish separately and not throw it in there. Personally I think salted herring works here

Carbonara.

Pasta
Bacon/pancetta
Egg
Parmesan
Pepper

Combine egg, parmesan, pepper, set aside.

Cook pasta.

About 6 minutes before the pasta's done, cook bacon/pancetta in a separate pot.

Drain pasta, reserving some pasta water in a cup.

Add drained pasta to bacon/pancetta. Cook for about a minute

Add egg parmesan mixture to bacon pasta, add splash of pasta water. Combine and serve

>not yolks

>discarding protein

Carbonara

Cook some bacon in a pan with more olive oil than you normally would, cook some spaghetti, mix in cheesy raw egg. Done.

It looks slightly more complicated than it is, and tastes better than just having basic ingredients in a pile on a plate like OP's. I can't cook for shit and mine looks okay, took a photo cause I'm a faggot.

Add some crushed garlic and balsamic vinegar for improvement. It's a good basis to add whatver you want though. It's nice with basil, chilli, spinach, peppers, just throw in whatever you want. I find it nicer with regular tomatoes quartered and left to simmer into pulp with olive oil, tastes richer with barely any cost difference.

The white is protein.

ratatouille
pork and beans
dal
risotto
stew

oh man try THIS:

cilantro lime dressing
--------------------------------
1/3 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt (or any plain Greek yogurt)
1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves (no stems)
1/8 teaspoon grated lime peel
Juice from a small lime (about 2 tablespoons, divided)
1 garlic clove, peeled
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper

Combine all of the ingredients (except half of the lime juice) in a mini food processor and process until smooth. Add additional lime juice a teaspoon at a time until desired consistency achieved.

This:
youtube.com/watch?v=bJUiWdM__Qw

6 ingredients, amazingly easy and delicious.

One pan to clean up.

Alternatively ,one of my simple go-tos stir-frys:
>any meat, sear in pan
>onion, carrot, whatever other veggie you have on hand, saute in pan
>throw in stock, soy sauce, reduce with corn starch
>serve over rice
Maybe not simple enough for OP...

My most simple meal is:
>steam broccoli
>roast chicken in oven with whatever premade seasoning

Two things, easy as fuck.

I know you're shooting for super simple but
>no onion
>no garlic
>no fresh parsley
Gonna be heavy as hell.

Oh of course, you can add plenty to it. It's not that heavy though using the basic recipe, the sauce is light and the smoked/cured meat adds a lot of flavour so you don't need to drown it in cheese or oil. Adding some garlic in with the pancetta lardons is amazing. Onions don't really need to be there though.

Rice and soy sauce!
Add some veggies and/or chicken to that and you get an simple and healthy meal.

Steamy Rice, Silk tofu with green onion, salt, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and bonito flakes.

>noodles
>sprinkle of parmesan
>sprinkle of pepper

bam

>noodles
>one scrambled egg

bam

>crackers
>hot sauce

nicetoknowvya

Flatbread

Spread with hummus

Put some cucumbers and avocado on top

Make a dressing with olive oil, garlic (nuke the minced garlic in the oil for like 30 seconds to get the flavor into it), red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard and basil, and drizzle that shit on top

Bam. I use that dressing on fucking everything, it's delicious.

Make 1:1 rice and just put some frozen spinach in there. If you have some drippings from meat add that too but it's fine just on its own. Maybe an egg if you feel REALLY fancy.

>Bacon in a pan with more olive oil than you normally would

You mean any?

Warm rye bread, sharp cheddar cheese, and a crisp cold dill pickle

You guys are underestimating how SIMPLE I'm after.
Not this "6 ingredient 20 min cooking time"-shit.

greek salad and grilled sardines.

Can of Cambells condensed soup
Add fat, skin and bits of chicken from left over whole bbq chicken

The problem is that the really simple dishes with only a couple of ingredients tend to suck unless the ingredients are of unusually good quality.

kill yourself
ingredients: kitchen knife
prep time: 1 minute
wrap the handle with a towel, kneel on the floor, hold firmly with both hands at floor level, point it up, fall forward
WA LA

PBJ and cereal, you fucking child

Just go to Veeky Forums

You don't cook, do you?

Take some sardines, mix them up with a little tomato puree and put on crackers, cover with a good amount of hotsauce of your choice (Franks is good). Most people seem to hate sardines but it's a great simple snack, by no means "cooking" though, barely even takes preparing.

Beans on toast.

Baked beans, half a tablespoon of butter, salt & pepper if you can be assed.

Heat that shit up.

Make toast and butter.

Put beans on toast.

TOO COMPLICATED REEEEE

I love to cook, but sometimes I want a good meal even though I'm completely stressed out and maybe have almost nothing at home.
I realize you all are NEETS living at home, but try to understand.

Well it's those "unusual" dishes I'm after.

The majority of us have moved out and spend money on fresh ingredients- much cheaper, healthier and tastier than living on ramen or reheated frozen food. When you move out in your early 20s it always goes one of those two ways.

>Well it's those "unusual" dishes I'm after.

Pretty much anything, then. A good piece of meat cooked with nothing but salt. A really nice fruit or veggie often requires nothing at all to be added to it. One of my personal favorites has exactly two ingredients: langoustines cut in half lengthwise with smashed garlic on top. Grill or broil. Another good one is Sea Island red peas (or other heirloom legume) cooked with a chunk of smoky bacon.

egg fried rice

Cottage cheese
Ingredients: Cottage cheese
Step 1: put cottage cheese in a bowl
Step 2: eat cottage cheese
Silverware is optional.

Bulger eggs onions butter salt pepper

Supremely comfy breakfast

salmon and broccoli is a good example.
My simple and delicious go to's are red beans and rice, gumbo, and tamales.

i make HUGE batches and then freeze them in 1 and 2 quart containers. the tamales are just all thrown in zip lock bags.

if i want to have any of it for dinner i just take it out the freezer a day or two before and set some rice up in my rice cooker a couple hours before. if i forget to take it out then i just throw it in a pot and set it on low for an hour.

the tamales i also set up in my rice cooker's steamer attachment and just let go for an hour while i do something else.

quesadillas are dead simple, even pizza can be super simple if you premake and freeze your dough.

I find that a large part of the trick to eating well/healthy/in house is making large batches of stuff when you do feel like cooking and then portioning it out in your freezer.

the only stuff i ever have in my actual fridge are fresh fruits for snacks and desserts, fresh veg to make a salad with, condiments and fresh cheeses...

Boiled eggs or Egg salad is so easy.

Instead of peeling the eggs I choose to be lazy and sorta (boil) the eggs in a muffin pan with water in the oven. When they come out, I'll eat a few, chill the rest then just chop them up and use them for egg salad on a crossiant or snacks.

Heat oven to 350F. Put 1 TBS water in each muffin hold. Crack eggs into the each muffin hold on top of the water. Bake 15-16 min. Wala. Easy, no peel boiled eggs. You can also cook them in the shell the same way but I just really hate peeling eggs so I do it like this now. They turn out great and never overcooked. Doesn't matter if you make 2 or a dozen.

Saltines. Place an sardine on one. Put host sauce on sardine. Eat and repeat.

>a bit of good cheddar can be added too.
>Dijon mustard is good on them too