Are oysters that good?

are oysters that good?

because they seem kinda disgusting to me.

I really like them and tbqh I'm not all that adventurous when it comes to seafood, bit of a sheltered childhood lacking in it.

As along as they aren't cucked

*cooked

Yes, they are delicious.

As long as you know how to eat them they're fantastic.

If you look at food with the suspicion that it's "kinda disgusting" you're not really setting yourself up to appreciate it, are you? Obviously there's something to appreciate when it comes to oysters. The question is whether or not you want to be one of the people who appreciates them. And the way you frame it in your post suggests you already think you don't want to be someone who appreciates oysters.

Mom always ate them off the half shell and I tried one as a kid, the texture was gross to me, but, decided to try them fried later in life and I'm glad I did. They are pretty fucking good desu senpai.

Oysters from some actual sea side place are god-tier, and other ones are pretty good anyway. They are not a meme, their status as patrician food is confirmed.

>mom

Were you a good boy who usually only ate tendies?

For me they're one of those foods that really nice on occasion but wouldn't want to eat too often, or make an entire meal of them. Half dozen as an appetizer every now and then is a treat

No? Did you not have a mother growing up? When I said "as a kid" I meant 20 years ago when I was 5.

Cooked oysters are fucking amazing. Fried, steamed, sauteed, swimming in a nice tomato stock, all fantastic.

But Jesus H. Fuck, I have no idea how people can stand to eat them raw. It's like sucking down a cold, fishy wad of jizz and snot. Disgusting.

No, I didn't have a mother growing up, as I was a test tube baby raised by two gay men

Flyover detected.
Raw oysters with a bit of lemon is god's gift to mankind and his way of weeding out the commoners.

kek, nice autocorrect

raw oysters are an acquired taste i'd say

they test better with coctail sauce, tabasco, or lemon juice imo

raw oysters with a glass of decent chardonnay is nearly GOAT

Replace that Chardonnay with a white Bordeaux or a Muscadet and you're talking.

Idk about the wine of choice but cocktail sauce horse radish and lemon is mandatory with raw oysters on the shell. If not for that then you're not much different from Andrew Zimmern eating raw whatever by itself like he always does

fuck off

>cocktail sauce horse radish and lemon is mandatory
Not a fan of oysters, eh?

I'm in the same boat with this guy. They are great every so often. I have to be in the mood for seafood. Raw oysters are great, maybe some oysters rockefeller too. I wouldn't ever fry them though unless you got really shit quality ones seems kind of like a waste to me.

I think oysters from the Atlantic Ocean taste pretty good. Gulf of Mexico oysters are kinda fishy, even dirty tasting

That one episode of Mr. Bean where he's on holiday and eats off oysters fucked me up forever as a child, I don't really feel like I'm missing out though.

I put sriracha and lemon juice on them when I eat them am I pleb?

I had a fried oyster once. It tasted like the way a fish smells. They're basically the only seafood I don't like.

Texture, appearance and being forced to eat a huge chunk at a time ... too much effort to overcome too many instincts for me.

I can see the appeal, overcoming that many "plebian" aversions at the same time is a great way of signaling superiority (and you can teach yourself to enjoy the taste of just about anything, that's pretty much irrelevant). I'm too obviously a pleb in so many other ways that that's not useful to me though.

How can you say you don't like something if you've only had it once? How do you know that single incident wasn't a fluke?

i eat them right out of the sea... best food on earth i think

/thread (and all similar threads)

Enjoy your *insert dangerous bacteria*