Anyone that has ever been to Alamo drafthouse cinema knows they often come up with movie themed menus

Anyone that has ever been to Alamo drafthouse cinema knows they often come up with movie themed menus.
The current one they have now is based off of the jungle book with items such as the “Bare Necessities Ants on a Log,” stacked dried cherries and honey on top of celery filled with house-made peanut cashew butter. Served with vanilla custard, mango and agave syrup. Also on the menu, King Louie’s Banana Bread French Toast, Mowgli’s Mango Lassi Milkshake, and the Red Flower Fruit Pizza, featuring a bounty of raspberries, strawberries, mango, and toasted coconut on a tangy cream cheese base.

Can Veeky Forums come up with a menu based on your favorite movie?

no.

but i love the alamo draft house.

Ya, I can come up with a couple...did you ever see the movie 'Silence of the lamb?'

The Brade Runna.

A steaming how bowl of ramen. An Asian gentlemen interrupts you constantly as you try to eat it. An older gentleman will be there to translate.

The hobbit feast they did for the LOTR trilogy events is fucking delicious. I went to it at the old downtown location the first time they had it.

It was great, but after 10+ hours sitting in those theater seats, my ass was completely numb.

I also had to stop on the drive back to take a massive shit in some gas station bathroom since I couldn't make it home with that huge amount of food working its way through my system.

It was completely worth it though.

I've lived in Austin for 10 years and went to Alamo Drafthouse once when I was in high school to see The Amazing Spiderman with my mom
I live a sad existence

Also that menu just sounds like they made some dishes and stuck movie names on them
The only jungle theme there is "fruit"

They should do a menu for the cook his wife the thief and her lover

im in austin too. lets start a band and get chicks.

They used to show blacksploitation movies and give you a 40 oz of malt liquor with you're entrance fee. I must have seen Shaft, Truck Turner, and Superfly ten times each.

I wanna fuck that, just because it's a rare species

>blacksploitation
>serving 40s
how was there no black-lash?

kek

The 90s in Austin were a magical time, no one was hung up on race, SXSW was affordable and had bands that didn't suck, and Liberty Lunch was still open. By the late 90s it was starting to go downhill, by the early 2000s it was pretty much the shithole it is today.

How about silence of the lambs? You could have a war of sperm as an appetizer. Live lambs killed at your table. Human liver served with Chianti

>Liberty Lunch
Ahhhhh, that takes me back to a special time. A time of having sex in the bathrooms while great bands were playing, a time of being drunk as shit while great bands were playing, a time of smoking joints outside while great bands were playing, a time of having more sex in the bathrooms while great bands were playing.....
It was fun being an early 20-something in Austin in the early 90s........

the korova milkshake for when your in the mood for some of the old, ultraviolence

how many of you fags are in atx

I'm not but I'm following this thread because I have an ex, who was a solid gal and there are legit regrets alongside the legit understanding of why things ended, who was from Austin. I went with her a couple times, met her family and got her tour.

She worked at one of the Alamo locations, not the downtown one, in the late 90s and had fond memories. She taught me how to make mexican martinis, pulled me out of my vegetarianism and pushed me to become competent at bbq as well as the simpler preparations of meat. I grew up in Arkansas in the 80s and had a hatred of Texas as that was the thing to do. She taught me that Texas isn't all shit. I learned to be more accepting and to understand the diversity and nuance of the state. Also enjoyed Magnolia Cafe, though that was five years ago and I've heard it's on the downslide.

I was at the new Alamo in Dallas last night, I watched My Own Private Idaho...they had a selection of shitty Shakespeare inspired mixed drinks with references patched onto them. I had the Greek wrap, it was ok.

But, I digress. My menu for Jurassic Park..Hold Onto Your Roasted Pork Butt Banh Mi with Shuddering Green Jello...Organically, Locally Separated Goat Sashimi with a side of shaved West Indian lilac berries, served with a plastic cup of throbbing tap water and finished with a slice of Cherry Pie with a dollop of shaving cream.

they already did a silence of the lambs thing. i think it might still be available

liver, fava beans, chanti.

No Chili and Sea Bass for the Jurassic menu?

Chungking Crab Express!

what was the menu?