A Del Taco opened up down the street from my apartment and it's surprisingly good for fast food...

A Del Taco opened up down the street from my apartment and it's surprisingly good for fast food, well the only thing i've gotten from there is the potato and steak burrito.

What's Veeky Forums's view on Del Taco?

in b4 shill

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mc1eUm8ZchQ
vimeo.com/164426807?outro=1
youtube.com/watch?v=z9BMBcXi6Bo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I was the only person in there and it still took 10 minutes to get my burrito. It was good but got damn the wait.

We don't have those restaurants here in Mexico. Are they good?

not sure if you're joking, but del taco is sort of the fast food take on california-mexican food. like OP said, their california burritos and other fry-filled spinoffs are p good. the chicken soft tacos aren't bad for $1. i'll be honest never had anything else from there.

del taco is pretty fucking bad as far as the taste goes in comparison to actual mexican food(I asked for pico de gallo one time and they said they don't even serve it. what the actual fuck) but as far as portions go, oh man they're the shit

youtube.com/watch?v=mc1eUm8ZchQ

Nice. Really cheap too. Taco Bell is like a 15 minute drive but Del Taco is 5. They had these Bacon Chipotle fries last year that were amazing. The problem with the Del Taco near my house is that the nachos always taste stale.

This....chicken soft tacos are good. Very small so i get about four

Also their breakfast burritos make for good hangover food

I want to like del taco cus they are the only ones who havent sold out and still have a dollar menu and they have taco nights and they have great shakes,
But their food smells a little like playdoe. Its a little off putting.Taco bell at least doesnt smell like that.

Love del taco, it's cheap as hell and pretty damn good. The tacos al carbon are great, the bean burritos taste like actual food compared to taco bell, and they have crinkle fries.

I like the price.

I like their food because I grew up with it, and I only like the ones that are in my area...some of the del tacos in the inland empire area(CA) are really gross, food is always undercooked/cold for some reason.

It's not real mexican but I can go to other countless taco shops in the area to get "real' mexican food.

Dude del is easily the best fast food restaurant. My go to order is 2 bold green burritos and two crispy shrimp tacos. If you don't know, if you ask for something bold they put french fries and special sauce in it. Costs like 30 cents or something.

The del classic chicken burrito is world class

It is the superior shit tier taco chain.

Their dollar menu is pretty good. I usually just stick to that.

>If you don't know, if you ask for something bold they put french fries and special sauce in it.
I kind of want to try that out but I'm not sure what it would be good on.

I've only ever done it with the half pound bean and cheese burritos, though I hear they'll do it for literally anything (shakes and what not). It's good for the B&C burritos though because it kicks them up a notch from not quite filling to just right.

>What's Veeky Forums's view on Del Taco?
Personally I like it. Better than Taco Bell. Not as good as Chipotle, but considerably cheaper. Veeky Forums loves to talk shit about it because "it's not trumex" and hasn't reached the meme status of Taco Bell and doesn't have the fresh and healthy appeal of Chipotle, but it's good as far as Americanized Mexican food goes.

i eat at del taco just for their french fries.

I loved his movie The Labyrinth

Del Taco is the best Mexican fast food restaurant.

Next time, get something with their chicken. The chicken soft tacos are legitimately GOAT tier. That's the single best dollar menu item in all of fast food. I swear, they must put crack in those things cause they're fucking addicting.

This is the first I've heard of the "bold" thing but I love those 1/2lb bean/cheese burritos. I might have to try that next time. How much extra $ does it cost?

I'll echo the love for the chicken soft taco. Also, their breakfast burritos (they start serving breakfast at 11 at night, so great late night grub).

They make a surprisingly good cheeseburger, ironically.

Does anyone know what the sauce is on the chicken soft tacos? That's what makes them so good, tbqhfam.

When I was in high school I used to get high, go to Del taco, and gorge myself on a shit ton of food for less than $8. Then I went there sober once and ordered my usual stoned order and couldn't even eat half of it.

God Tier
>chili cheese fries

Good Tier
>chicken fresca tacos

Meh Tier
>everything else

This is the standard recipe I see to replicate it, but I've never made it... you're right though, it is the best part. Sadly I had Del last night and they FORGOT THE SAUCE.

Taco White Sauce:
1/4 cup lite mayo
1/4 cup lite sour cream
1 tsp lemon juice
Dash of garlic salt

Yeah, I assumed it was mayo based. Not that I'll ever try making it myself though. It's plenty cheap enough in the form of a $1 chicken soft taco.

plain ass tacos on taco tuesday for like 50 cents a piece is fine for me.

Their fries are also okay. I don't get them anymore but they used to serve them in beverage cups, now they have actual holders and you get way less for the same price though. Meh.

Otherwise I don't get much from there. My mom loves those big ass "salads" served in a shell but i'm not a fan.

Talentless hack

I just wish I could eat it on other things.

Or drink it with a straw.

I would only go there when i was fucked up and wanted 20 tacos.

Is it just the Del Tacos I've been to or do they do something to their Cherry Coke to make it taste like liquid crack?

Fuck Del Taco. I went there a few days ago and the guy at the drive thru window was giving me attitude. My wife's daughter even got it on video: vimeo.com/164426807?outro=1

So did you shut 'em down yet?

I in line that night and you holded up the line forever arguing over sauce with a kid.

Call his dad the owner next time and take it up with him.

The del cheeseburger is actually surprisingly good
Usually when I go I get one of those, the $1 nachos and a bean and cheese burrito

If I go with a group, we usually split a fiesta pack

If I got for breakfast, I get two bean and cheese burritos, one with red, one with green, both add egg and a pink lemonade

This. I was skeptical at first about mexican fast food restaurant fries but damn that shit isn't bad.

>he's never had a potato burrito

>mexican

youtube.com/watch?v=z9BMBcXi6Bo

The double del is my shit

20 tacos for $6.93?
How?

There are hundreds or thousands of del tacos, user. You should know by now that one visit to one del taco says very little about the chain as a whole.

Personally, I worked at Taco bell for 5 years, and I find Del Taco to be more enjoyable. Try the big fat taco.

Tuesday 3 for $1.20 or something. Used to be way cheaper than that.

Do they still have the tuesday taco deals?

I did that shit when i was in college and had del taco down the street. had 3 of their tacos (the ones with tomato and cheese) for $2. would buy like 9 tacos and eat them all

im 130 pounds