Hello guys. I am going on a trip to israel and want you to recommend me some local foods...

Hello guys. I am going on a trip to israel and want you to recommend me some local foods. Can you guys tell me about some shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EfpxFB9q91Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fried foreskin

Bomb shards on a bed of Palestinian ashes.

shakshuka

I like this so much I asked my mom to make it for my birthday dinner.

Israeli food is an historical hodgepodge of ten thousand years of agriculture and conquest.

Eat the food. When someone tells you that it's a "traditional" Israeli or Jewish food you should keep in mind that the Israelites ate the same shit as everyone else. Keep in mind that New York Jews eat an entirely different diet than the Jews that lived in Palestine in 1900. The Jews of North Africa had no dietary connections with the Jews of Poland except the tradition of avoiding pork that they shared with the Muslims of North Africa.

Israeli food is Middle Eastern food. Enjoy it, it's fucking delicious. Don't call it Israeli because it's the same shit you'll eat in Turkey, Syria, Lebanon or Egypt (except that they have koshari), so it's not original.

That looks godly

Do Russian Israelis make good borscht/latky?

Goyim babies

Is isreal the good place or the bad place?

Who bombed who?

If jewish homeland shouldnt it be a really good place? Milk and honey and everyone rich, under gods protection and love so the most prosperous place on earth??

>good
>bad

how old are you user?

Is there something beyond good and evil?

good and evil aren't

there is action and inaction. both can be right, both can be wrong. right and wrong are defined by the outcome, though intentions are often seen as meaningful. at least they are for awhile.

places are places. it is the actions of individuals that matter, not the geography.

There is a power beyond good and evil. The power to create, and the power to destroy!

So their fight over land is even more useless if you put it that way. We'll. Call it stupid then. Is israel the stupid land?

REMOVE KEBAB FROM THE PREMISES
youtube.com/watch?v=EfpxFB9q91Q

Why dont they just share?

And the nation of isreal is a nation the ppl not the land itself, you are right.

And if youd read I didnt place judgment on them, I ask who bombed who. Once you tell me then ill do that.

Sounds like a place who does bad things would say.

Its a good and bad place.

The people dont really get a say in things.

Some prefer it that way.

Places, geographical locations, don't say things. They also don't act, unless you are animistic and see storms or earthquakes and the actions of supernatural entities.

The actions of people can be seen as right or wrong. You can use "good" and "evil" to describe them, if you like. Nonetheless, the actions are formed in a context and that will always make such dichotomous judgments problematic due to the historical and local situation.

With regards to Israel, there are clearly religious and "ethnic" issues. However, those issues are magnified for short term gains by both sides. Historically, the foundation of the problem is the anti-semitic undertone of European Christianity. Keep in mind that Semitic refers to the ethno-linguistic group that includes contemporary Arabs, Assyrians, Ethiopians, North Africans and, with some caveats, "Jews" and "Egyptians."

From an historical standpoint many of these groups are, at best, vague. How many people(s) have move into or through all of the parts of southwest Asia? Archaeological, genetic and linguistic evidence suggests that there have been a lot of, initially, different groups. But those groups have intermixed constantly.

Blah blah. People are fallible. Food is a thing to enjoy. Even fallible people enjoy food and spread ideas about enjoyable food to people they hate...thus is Veeky Forums sustainable.

What eve

I was just playing Veeky Forums with you.

What said, there is no such thing as "Jewish food", there's just food eaten by jews depending on their location.

>Why dont they just share?

It's....complicated.

And just for perspective, if the native americans asked for their land back, do you really think we'd give it to them?

Israelfag here,

Go eat Hummus.
You can also get ground beef with it in some places which is fucking great. But in general just get Hummus somewhere.

Also you kust try the shakshuka that someone already suggested above, and also hummus goes great with it.

Try shawarma in pita bread or lafa (which is also bread that resembles Chipotle).

I don't really a fan of falafel but it's very traditional here.

Also try Sabih and schnitzel.

And that's all i can think about basically. We don't have a lot of traditional food you can find on the streets (most of the tradition food you will only get to eat in holidays if you know a jewish family personally).

Tfw all the ovens are in Poland

Bring ur own pig