Hello Veeky Forums

Hello Veeky Forums,

Not sure whether to ask you guys or /adv/, but I have a little question.
Is it possible to cook/steam a can of corn in the shower?
Like, if I take a hot enough shower, and put a can of corn in a tupperware container with me in the shower, will it heat it up?

Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/15puo-dSEIY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It might get room temperature if it's only in contact with your steamy shower air.

I don't think it's possible to take a shower hot enough to cook corn, but if you keep the covered corn in contact with your water then it might get warm enough to be alright

Actually, gonna spin this thread around.

OP here, I'm gonna test this out myself. All I have is cream style, hope this doesn't fuck up the results. Not sure how long to take a shower either, but I'll be monitoring the thread once in-a-while off my phone.

Quite a bit of corn I have. I think it's too much to fully cook.

Fap into it for extra creaminess

Regretting this the more I'm in here.

I mean if it's canned corn it's almost definitely already cooked. You'd basically just be heating it up. Sure, it just needs to be in the shower long enough. If the can isn't open yet then just peel off the label and bring it in with you.

Weirdo

Never change,\ck\. Never change

Kinda confusing, but the water is to it's hottest temperature. Still not very hot to me.

I should have thought about just leaving it in the can.

Whoa i hope you're stirring it, wouldn't want the bottom niblets to burn

Dropped image.

I don't understand why you even had the impulse to take it out. I mean I guess the other container might transfer heat easier but the can is 100% waterproof.

Use it as shampoo

The metal can would transfer heat better

I'm planning on just shaking the container a bit every so often.

You tempt me, but I'm not that stupid.

Also this is what I believe. This container is a lot thicker than the can.

I mean tin foil doesn't get hot. Tin can. The container is probably made of something specifically made for microwaving. Are you sure?

>Not that stupid

No seriously. The natural sugars in the corn will be really good for your hair. Not to mention the moisture from the cream mix. I bet the corn would also work like soap beads to help really scrub your scalp. If it doesn't turn out well or gets all shower-watery and you can't eat it then you might as well. I'm almost tempted myself now.

microwaves are for the ass kissing nobiity

I've put some dumb shit in my hair, but I'm not really in the mood for that right now. Plus, I don't want to risk getting water in the corn. I just want to eat it.

But most likely the biggest benefit would be the fat in the cream.

>Veeky Forums
>food & cooking
>thread about heating fucking canned corn in the shower

ok so op is a retard, but how about heating up a can of soup by putting it though the heat dry cycle in a dishwasher?

I'm gettin a little impatient so it's time to eat.

Well, I'll be honest and say it doesn't look promising.

why are you doing this

Go on, I'm curious...

What the actual fuck

I'd be afraid of something puncturing it and having it explode.

Late response, I apologize.

It wasn't heated at all. Case closed.

Well now we know. One day someone shall attempt the dishwasher.

OK, did some googling.
Food is served between 5°C and 60°C, (41°F to 140°F). (Not hot enough to kill bacteria, but it's from a can.)
Water heater default setting is usually 140°F, but sometime lowered to 120°F or less for economy, burn risks, and because you (almost) never need hotter water. 120°F it probably is. Your shower looks like shit too.
We already have a problem here, even if the corn reached the max available temperature, it would still be tepid/lukewarm.

Now, is placing a plastic container containing some air on top in the shower an efficient way of heating food?
No, of course not. We'd know about it otherwise, Humans have experimented a lot since we discovered fire, and we pretty much have listed every edible thing on our planet and most ways of preparing it. Seriously, we fondle animal breast to make meat juice squirt out of it, let it rot for weeks, call it cheese and eat it.
You could start by removing air (use a bag), and/or placing the container in a pot of water. Google "sous vide" and "double boil" or "bain marie".

>Veeky Forums

Heat dry cycle of a dishwasher? Never heard of that. For clothes there are air dryer, for dishes it always just let it dry by itself after washing with warmed water.
Now, the wash cycle of dishwashers (and clothes washing machines) can be hot enough to warm food, and even possibly cook it (if it cooks below boiling temperature.) You usually chose the setting by water temperature on both these machines anyway, so there you go, you found a trash way of cooking.

Do you have access to a microwave or a stove?

Now I'm curious, has anyone tried to cook food in a clothes dryer? Sounds like a good idea if you have some wings and sauce, so it will toss around in there.

>currently in a skype call with my gf and they're pouring their heart out about their eating disorder

>reading a thread about shower corn

>can't not kek

Yes, but I'm not OP.

Great thread.

no... but in a dishwasher... pretty common sous vide cooking (best with fish )

60° c is the temperature most people will feel.pains... so normally showers are around 35-45°c max

60° is a perfect temperature for sos-vide cooking but it takes hours

in restaurants food is served around 70-90° , over that the guest can burn their throat and tongue (cheese magma is bad burning)

Is there any actual reason why you're trying to heat up corn in the shower instead of on a stove or any other thing actually made for heating up food?

Also why did you take it out of the can?

Couldn't you have drained the fluid and put it in an airtight plastic bag and put THAT under the shower for faster heating?

Why didn't you put the can into a pot of hot water?

Your experiment is a failure.

To prove that it can work, you need to give it the best conditions possible, which include:

Proper container. Metal can with vent hole would do just fine. A ziploc bag would also work with being thin walled.

Proper time. Corn is mostly water, which has a high specific heat. There is no reason why, given enough time, the corn shouldn't be 99% the temperature of the water in the shower.

Positioning. My tests showed the water on the floor of the shower to be 110F, but 121F at the shower head.

You're not going to be able to cook corn from scratch, but I would say it can get to acceptable temperatures. If only I had a can of corn.

>You're not going to be able to cook corn from scratch

You don't need to. Canned corn is already cooked as part of the canning process. All canned food is cooked.

This thread was almost funny

Someone needs to cook a steak sous vide in a dishwasher.

Dishwashers already been done, saw a lady serve guests food she cooked in her dishwasher wrapped in goddamn saran wrap on extreme cheapskates

>tin foil doesn't get hot
It does- it's just such a good conductor of heat that by the time you touch it in normal kitchen conditions (e.g. pulling a dish out of the oven), it's already transferred the energy elsewhere. If you made a tin glove and touched your range while it was on you'd certainly be burned on the spot.

>they
>his girlfriend has multiple personality dirsorder

canned corn is already cooked
you can eat it directly out of the can, cold
this is the saddest thread I've seen on Veeky Forums in at least a week

this would absolutely work in my Bosch, the fucker gets up to 160F for 20-30 minutes

sorry about that, OP. good thread anyway

Man, I could go for some of that corn water. Too bad you only get only like half a cup with each can. You'd think they'd make a sport's drink out of it by now.

Can't you buy raw corn and make corn water (and cooked corn) yourself?

Once I read OP, this was all I could think of.
youtu.be/15puo-dSEIY

You need to step up your game, OP.

I cook salmon in the dishwasher. Season your salmon filet, Wrap it tightly in foil, place on top rack. Wash dishes and cook Food at the same time. Works great.