I got a lot of cottage cheese

I got a lot of cottage cheese
what can i make with the stuff?

Add cream, sugar, vanilla extract, put it on crepes and roll it.

Throw it in a lasagna.

Fill veggies with it and roast them.
Good options are bell peppers, zucchini, aubergine

last week there was a thread here with little Russian cheese-pancakes ( a bit like blinis) made from Cottage cheese

I don't get it.

People here constantly talk about how they choke down oatmeal every day, or yogurt, or fucking granola. Yet every time cottage cheese is brought up it's always assumed you have to use it as an ingredient in something else.

Just eat it plain, ice cold with a spoon, like in the OP pic. It's delicious as it is, and if you don't think so you shouldn't have bought so much of it.

Pack it on your buttcheeks so it looks like your mommas ass

>what can i make with the stuff?
GAINSSSSS

REKT
E
K
T

i also came into possession of 2 containers of cottage cheese(two 500g) neighbor got it but doesnt eat the stuff and would have just thrown it out(fucking hate people like that)
never cooked with it before, only aware its use in lasagna's
ive never made a lasagna before either(i have a casserole dish but dont have a recipe so i dont know what to buy)

so do i just look up a lasagna recipe or you have any ideas on what else to make with it?

>cottage cheese
>lasagna

Fucking NO!

Americans.

Add sugar, egg yolks, lemon zest and a bit of flour, stir. Beat the whites into hard peaks, add a large spoonful of it into the cheese, stir well, then add the rest along with as much flour as you need for a spongey batter.

Fry in hot oil, dust with powdered sugar.

Fry some bits of bacon, pour the fat into the cheese, add sour cream and salt, stir through. Break up lasagne into smallish bits, cook, drain. Serve cheese over the pasta and sprinkle with the bacon bits; decorate with parsley or chives.

Chop up some strawberries, put them in a pan with a little sugar. Cook them down.
Pour over cottage cheese.

Mix with a quality salsa and dip your chips in it.

This, I love it plain. It's always recommended with pineapple, chive/onion, black pepper or even hot sauce but in my opinion it's best eaten out the tub as it is

lil salt and pepper and maybe some diced tomatoes, or sliced tomatoes on the side

similar question that doesn't deserve a thread here:

could I put feta cheese in an omelette? could OP put cottage cheese in one? I fancy an om for breakfast tomorrow but have no other cheese.

>feta in omelette
I've had good results before

i cant imagine adding salt, its pretty overpowering on its own

not a lot, just a pinch to bring out the flavor a bit more, but if you're feeling adventurous add some diced jalapenos and red onion, and mix in well

You could and it's awesome, just break it up into little chunks.

Imo it's the one food item that goes well with literally everything so don't worry. Also great plain.

put it on toasted breads and peppered
put it in a melon half or squeezed orange half

A cheese cottage

You can make lasagna with literally anything as long as you have cheese and tomato sauce. One time I ran out of cheese halfway through and found an old carton of Kraft Dinner. Made a roux and added the cheese powder. Turned out super good. Cut asparagus spears in half lengthwise and layered them. Some canned beans, what the fuck ever. Can't remember what else but it was literally just whatever I could find.

Just figure out how to work with the lasagna noodles and you're gravy. Hell, you could add gravy. That sounds good.

It does a decent job of replacing Ricotta.

I like mine with a bit of [spoiler]peanut butter[/spoiler]

Craft it together with Anticheese to make a cottage

God I haven't been on there in a while.

For real though, I eat tons of low fat or fat free cottage cheese because I'm trying to eat healthier so I don't become a fat fuck. No carbs to speak of and no or barely any fat, just protein

Yeah, I do the same. I love full fat cottage cheese so I just get the low fat one so I don't eat as much because it isn't as good. But full fat is maybe one of the best tasting foods that is just one thing.

Fry chopped onions then mix both the onions and cheese with mash potato.
If you are Polish you may be familiar with this.