Mexican Cuisine

What's your favorite Mexican dish?

Other urls found in this thread:

thelatinkitchen.com/r/recipe/carne-la-tampiquena-tampico-club-style-steak
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Real Mexican food, not Chipotle or Taco Bell

i'm not OP but next time you answer, try answering the question

Old el paso tacos. Anyone who doesn't agree is a cunt.

burrito

Chilpachole, a crab and shrimp soup.

flautas are God tier, I could eat these for days especially when their made with chicken and with sour cream on top.

*they're

Pozole. Any color. With lime and avocados

Green pozole is my favorite. Yum!

Taco bell

enchiladas
tamales
gorditas
chile rellenos

I love Mexican food but I had pozole and I was a little underwhelmed, it wasn't bad by any means but it was a little bland. It had the clear/white broth.

What's the point of the tongue and ear tacos? I tried a piece of tongue yesterday and while it didn't taste bad, any other of their meat choices would have tasted better and had a better texture. I got an al pastor, steak, and chicken taco as well and they were all amazing.

If we're talking authentic Mexican food, I usually go for a combination plate
>chicken burrito
>cheese enchilada
>crispy relleno
>green chile

So good.

Fajitas master race

Enchirito.

>tongue and ear
Acquired taste, personally I don't like them.

Fajitas are Tex-Mex, pleb.

Mole poblano

>Implying there's a difference

Al pastor, Puebla style tacos?
Understandable, I wonder if I'd like the cabeza though

Does that taste too deserty?

Kind of, I like it when the chocolate favor is noticeable

Sounds delicious either way, I can't wait to try it.

Which region of Mexico has the best cuisine?

oaxaca

Do Mexican girls have smelly feet?

Oaxaca, Puebla, Veracruz

>small chunks
>no pineapple

triggered

Pozole isnt supposed to have clear broth, I know there's a green one and the better one, which is red, and they are both far from clear

honestly if i could get tacos lengua for cheaper than any of the other cuts of meat then i'd be eating them all the time. tongue isn't bad at all, but i don't see much of a point when it's the same price as carne asada or chicken.

Abondigas

Do tamales count?

Because if so, that.

Sure, What's your favorite tamale?
Mine is pineapple with raisins tamales.

There is no such thing as a tamale

The only tamales I've ever liked were from peru, probably because they were made with superior peruvian corn. I don't think they are very common there.

How do I make beans like that?

>every time I try tamales in california from mexicans
>2% meat, 98% unsalted cornmeal

Lard. Has to be the real stuff. If you don't care about flavor, and want a quick bean side: take a can of pinto beans, drain it but SAVE the juice. Cook it for 5 mins or so and begin mashing it with a bean masher. Add around half the reserved bean water and continue mashing til you get a nice, runny but chunky bean side. yummy.

10/10 chilpachole is amazing. I remember fondly eating Chilpachole de jaiba with my aunt in Tampico.

Thanks, I guess I can re-use some meat fat I'd just be throwing out anyway. Dried beans and would-be-garbage. Going to save even more money.

its almost like theyre authentic

There are 3 kinds of Pozole, white, red and green.
Red is from Guadalajara, allegedly, home of the Pozole.
Green is traditionally from Guerrero, and my personal favorite.
White is from the center of the country, it is made without chili, and may even be made without pork, so it may be a Little bland.

Chimichangas as long as they're cooked well. I had some shit before with shredded lettuce and sour cream and it tasted like fucking taco bell. Just fuck my mexican food up

Chili con carne

Do Mexican girls have stinky toes?

Huitlacoche!

beef enchiladas. simple, yet ridiculously good.

>massive difference

I went to a Mexican restaurant, I think the owner is from Mexico City and the cooks are from Puebla, he said there was red and white pozole, his restaurant served the white one.

Texas.

They have spicy clits

I would love to find out for myself

Tacos

For all the indulgence and food culture exposure I've enjoyed living in Texas and visiting Mexico I gotta say, the best chow is tacos.

Tacos.

Reminder that all Mexican food is just reconfigurations of the same dish using slightly different ingredients. Everything is a burrito.

You're lucky. I wish I could live life with a simple mind.

Just become a Mexican!

Nice meme

as a mexican chiles en nogada pictured is most definitely not something ever placed on my table ...

its the oddest thing to see this dish so lauded along with cochinita pibil two dishes, meals which I have not tasted even once. What makes it odd is that I have lived in mexico for ten years as a businessman with several associates in numerous southern states, even odder is that I live in puebla for months at a time, somehow this chiles dish is fairly uncommon in my circles

I'm Mexican. My dad came from Mexico and my mom was born in texas. Tbh. I hate Mexican food so much. The only few things I like are quesadillas horchata (which is a drink but still) and that's about it. I cannot stand Mexican food.

What do you like?

just the sheer beauty of the dish ... lovely. whoever invented it deserved a nobel prize.

Horchata aqua frescas tortas not much all i can think of right now

silo

>that's how they're suppose to be
>its authentic

fuck I hate fucking autistic californians. Do you know what's also authentic? eating half rotting meat because your colony is running out of food and you're starving to death.

Just because it's 'authentic' doesn't mean its fucking good. Just because mexicans are too poor to add more meat doesn't mean that should restrict us too.

Just because it doesn't have a lot of meat doesn't mean it's bad.

It doesn't mean it's good either. Especially when any flavor they might have is drowned out by the cornmeal.

>inb4 those weren't authentic
I'm sorry i'm not a super taster who can distinguish the flavor coming from every single molecule of food, or deluded and pretentious enough that I think just because a dirt poor mexican made it makes it good.

fuck yeah, quesadillas is the best

i think this is my fave, i know it as tlalpequenas:

thelatinkitchen.com/r/recipe/carne-la-tampiquena-tampico-club-style-steak

steak and peppers and onions, with a dusting of chipotle seasoning. very satisfying. i also love rellenos, enchiladas, and my wifes mexican american tacos, and my own version of menudo with chicken, and huge mounds of chile powder.

I like Chile Renos granted I don't actually know if it's authentic Mexican. Also ceviche is good too.

Arros con Pollo and tamales. Also those pork filled plantain dumplings(that might be from the Cuban side of the family)

>burrito
real mexican food thread is elsewhere

al pastor pork tacos cooked on a real trombo. Pork tacos so good they could end conflicts in the Middle East.

White pozole is the worst one

Menudo is better anygüey

Jalapeños and cheese, please

Tamale related: My mom is Salvadorian, and she says that Salvadorians eat their tamales with sugar. The tamales themselves are a lot different than Mexican style. They're not sweet in any way, though. I don't know what the deal is

Where do you get them from? I normally only have them a few times a year and I get them from a guy in El Monte and theyre around 30% meat 70% corn and cost $1 each.

Maybe it helps that I'm Mexican (albeit white) and know Spanish

Nigga arroz con pollo is more cuban than Mexican, I'm half of each. None of the Mexican side of the senpai ever heard of it.

Doe it may depend how heavy the Spanish influence is on each side

user is correct. Very little variety or method.

I mean, Mexican food tastes good but if you had one dish you had most of them.

>sautee some onion with a little oil
>once onions are sweating pour in beans and slowly mash them while slowly pouring juice from can little by little until your desired texture.

mah nigga

So what about things like Mole Poblano that have many ingredients?

I thought arroz con pollo was just generic Latin American food

It is but that's only because it's a Spanish dish that they took on, which is generally what I said

Does it serve as a "lazy dish"? And you're saying Mexicans don't usually eat it?

I only have experience with my family and aside from my mum they never eat it

mexican shitward

mexicans have a general disdane for canned foods .... freshness and prep is where its at ... this is so much more texmex its embarrassing

don't use canned beans they're awful, just boil some pinto beans with salt until they're soft then drain the water and put the beans in a pan then just mash them and stir a lot

Enchiladas mineras. Have never been able to find good ones outside of a trip as a teen to guanajuato.

MFW chiliquiles

>can eat them breakfast, noon or night. Totally delicious.

>mexicans have a general disdane for canned foods .... freshness and prep is where its at ... this is so much more texmex its embarrassing
well no shit retard i only explained the can part because user wanted to make some. i boil my beans.

My Mexican friends dad slaughters a goat every few months and his mom makes a spicy brown mole, with thick as fuck tortillas. I've got to drink bud light and while I understand spanish, generally, they make shitty white people jokes, overall it's always a good time.

Wrong as fuck.

"Acquired taste"
Its literally just a fatty cut of beef wtf is wrong you

lel

You are a God-tier member of an immigrant family, user. The sooner people assimilate and become full-tier Burgers, the better for everyone.

Burritos are fucking American

You missed the point Califag

All that self hate... sorry dude