How does one kill this meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22121108
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11743810
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18789600
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15955547
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

put a giant tax on animal products

I meant in like a household meal routine.

There are plenty of lists of cheap meal plans

Have fun sifting through the click bait though.

People have no intention of eating healthy, if it's not one ignorant excuse it will be another.

Eat no meat at home, buy fruits, vegetables grains nuts etc

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

>How does one kill this meme?

Teach people how to cook.

"Healthy" food is only expensive when you are buying the premade stuff that's designed to market to the health crowd. Cooking with fresh produce, meats, fish, shellfish, etc, isn't expensive, and when you are doing it yourself you know exactly what you are putting into your food.

>Are potatoes, beans, rice, and eggs expensive?

>fresh produce
Fuck off vegan! I'm not buying into your new-age bullshit! Vegetables are icky!

You can't kill truth, sorry bud. Diet cost and health level of diet are positively correlated, so the healthier your diet, the more expensive it tends to be. Let's look at an unhealthy diet that gives you all the calories and protein you need - rice, sugar, sunflower oil and protein powder all day ever day. Sounds healthy? Well, it's cheap as shit. Now let's look at a healthy diet - vegetables, fish, legumes, whole grains, nuts, cold-pressed canola/olive oil. Everything here is more expensive, the cost per day is going to be 20-50 times more.

tldr: you're a moron.

If you shop sales and/or price match the sales at Walmart you can do pretty good. I got all this at Walmart for $14.90. Aldi had avocados for 29 cents each, pineapple and cantelope for .99, spinach for 1.49 and Walmart matched the price so I took advantage of that and then just shopped what they had on sale.

The problem is that nobody (other than you) considers sugar, oil, and protein powder to be a "diet".

Let's be realistic and look at what people actually eat. A typical "unhealthy" diet that would consist largely of sodas, fast food, and boxed/instant meals: TV dinners, box mixes, hamburger helper, frozen pizzas, and that kind of thing.

By comparison, buying vegetables, fish, whole grains, etc, is actually less expensive. It just requires more effort to cook it.

So you just threw 15 bucks out the window for things that are 90% water and provide no calories at all and now want to lecture about how it's cheaper than using that money to buy 50 pounds of flour providing 82000 calories (equivalent to 40 days worth of energy)? OK

Fuck you. That user is not lecturing anybody. Eat your flour. Nobody gives a shit.

Where other than your spergville brain is flour alone considered a "diet"?

In the middle ages people would cook up flour with water as a shitty soup every day, since bread and other staples were too expensive. So you are de facto wrong, and to this day you can save a lot of money by cooking flour in water instead of buying bread, let alone vegetables

I dont klthink you used the word de facto correctly user. Also fuck you avocados are amazing delicious and calorie dense biatch.

Also it sounds like you're terrible with money if you cant afford vegetables dick weasel.

bulk brown rice, bulk oats, bulk dry beans, fresh raw whole fruits and veggies, flour, eggs, milk, yeast, salt, and peanut butter.

.29 cents per avocado is a hell of a deal. Damn!

Healthy food that's quick to prepare IS too expensive, though. I don't have kids and only have myself to feed, so finding the time to cook isn't impossible, but after a long stressful day of work, I can't imagine coming home and trying to cook up a genuinely healthy meal if I had 2-3 kids with real balance and nutrition each night. It's a lot of money if I want to buy something premade, and a lot of effort if I don't.

Much easier to grub down on a quick burrito or fast food on the way home than it is to really cook.

I can't imagine what it's like for someone with a bus commute and multiple part time jobs or whatever, trying to scrape by.

RISK IS NEVER OVER FRIENDO

CONSTANTINOPLE IS RIGHTFUL EUROPEAN CLAY

This disgusting level of autism tho

When you live and work in a shitty neighborhood where you have to take the bus to get to an actual grocery store, rice beans and vegetables are actually more expensive than chips and frozen shit from the corner store. Also, you try buying in bulk and carrying that shit on a bus; you'll be lucky if people just fuck with you and don't steal or ruin your rice'nbeans.

By comparing the costs of food vs medical bills. Also I think the American diet is a shill. We should be incorporating fasting into our weekly diets at least once a week if not more.

I fast(water, coffee, and tea) 4 days out of the week and the results are amazing. My energy levels during the fast are quite high, my mood is more stable, and my focus is laser sharp. I was suffering from some brain fog but since I started fasting it's been sunny days ever since.

Could be placebo though.

>Aldi had avocados for 29 cents each, pineapple and cantelope for .99

Avocadoes around here are frequently $2-2.50 each, and pineapple hasn't dropped below $5 since last fall.

Everything produce has been going up and up, and everything shitty and processed has been staying more or less the same. It is getting to be quite expensive to eat healthy relative to just giving up on live and eating hamburger helper.

The only way to eat healthy is meal prep, but people seem to throw tantrums like "I can't cook EVERY day, I have a job etc" like make time for 1-2 hours on one day a week for meal prep and then you're set for the week. It puts conscious decision (counting calories etc) on what you're eating and tends to be healthier anyways.

Also peanut butter is like $7/kg.

That's about $15/lb

WHO THE FUCK EATS 1/KG of PB IN ONE WEEK? WTF.

Whoops, wrong way. 3.50/lb

Fucking metric system.

The only way to eat healthy is by eating your cum, you can judge just by the taste if your current diet is healthy or not. Eat your cum long enough and you'll maybe even substitute food for cum and be able to recycle the cum so you never run out of food. But you should eat cum boosting foods so you produce enough cum to be self sustainable. Think of your cum like an orchard. You plant the trees and wait until they are mature enough to produce fruit. The same thing can be done with cum. Once you build up enough cum deposits then eat them you will only be adding to the cum bank. Thus the infinite cum cycle lives on.

I've been living on cum for 2 years now. Easy life. If I'm running low on cum I'll just go whore myself out and it's a win win win.

1: I get to suck dick which I enjoy

2: I get to eat cum which I enjoy

3: I get to make money which I can use to invest in cum producing fruits and veggies for future cum cycles.

Get on the cum wagon boys.

Yeah and the people in the Middle Ages died in their 20s. No doubt accelerated by their shitty diets. Its more than just calories/energy.

Been there. Literally all you need is one friend with a car so you can get groceries once a month. There are easy workarounds to every complaint in this issue. Eating healthy is not expensive, but it does take a little work and that's why poor people are fat.

TOP KEK

I won't buy the expensive fruits and vegetables unless they are on a decent sale or I can price match. Pineapples are 3 bucks here but for .99 sale I'll sure as hell get a few and freeze a lot of it back.

I grow a lot in the summer and fall and just try to buy fresh and inseason from farmers market when possible as its most cost effective in my area and saves a lot of money.

On top of those veggies and fruits I bought, I also got 4# chicken tenderloins for 8.00, and then milk was priced matched at 1.79 gallon. Other foods and meat as well, but I bought about 8-10 days worth of meals for about $70.00 for a family of 3. Of course the wife and I have to make it into meals but thats not a problem. We did good shopping the store sales this week. Usually costs about close to $100.00.

nigga u nasty

But u frugal tho, and I likes that

The first issue is fixing the term "healthy" which spergs think means drinking a diet coke instead of a regular coke and ordering a salad with their 2 mcdoubles and large fries at mcdonalds (dont forget plenty of ranch sauce on top!)

The next step is to stop the fruit meme, which is difficult as every paid health shill loves spreading it. Buying fruit is a waste of money unless you can get it for very, very cheap. People hear that fruit is healthy, they like fruit, they want fruit, and then they see that an apple at their local supermarket costs $2 and a box of berries $4 and then we are all surprised when they say screw it and go order 4 burgers from a dollar menu instead.

Third is to stop the "veggies are icky" meme. I was always afraid of veggies like every other kid, until I started eating them and actually love them now. My sister who literally almost threw up when i first got her to eat a piece of broccoli now chooses to eat things like spinach. The unmanned but ever present group of people that love pushing this trope in the media (hint:begins with "J" and ends with "ews") purposely do this to keep people fat and unhealthy.

Fourth, we must end the "meat is unhealthy!!" meme. Because meat, hen a part of a diet filled with vegetables, is very healthy.

>starch and legumes
>healthy

Infinitely more so than the trash most fat people eat.

I meet all my calorie needs with sugar and lard. $5 a week. You can't beat that with healthy food.

That awkward moment when fat people are fat, and shit food is shit, precisely because it is loaded with starch and legumes.

healthy food is maybe not that expensive, but 10k kcal a day of healthy food is

Yep
America is morbidly obese because of nuts & rice
Thanks doc!

I spend about $150 a month on food, but that's because I eat about 3k-3.5k Calories a day. I rarely cook, even. This is a typical day for me:

6-8 servings of fruit (mostly bananas, oranges, kiwi)
Lots of vegetables. Don't even count them as calories desu. Carrots, greens, onions, tomatoes. I know I regularly eat a pound of spinach and broccoli a day
Decent amount of grains. If I eat wheat, it's organic. Otherwise, it's oats and quinoa
Nuts, hemp, olive oil, chia for fats
Maybe 2-3 cups of beans a day

I probably cook once every 3 days, and just throw a ton of beans, tomatoes, spices, garlic, and onions in a pot and let it simmer for an hour or so. My diet is probably 70-80% carbs, over 3k calories most days, and I'm a lean 185 lbs as a vegan.

If you look at top athletes you'll see they all have very different diets. I think anything can work as long as you avoid complete junk food and stay active.

>Strawmanning this hard
>Not knowing how to read labels
>Calling me a doctor thereby elevating my position over yours

cu/ck/ detected.

nigga the cheapest shitin the grocery store aint unhealthy

>collardsand broccoli by the bushel for them betacarochols
>fresh ass pork for 3-5 dollarydoos a pound
>potatos and rice as filler for the less per pound than fertile dirt
>animal fats are getting cheaper than the hydrogenated shit because of all the FUD
> deer and other game for the price of a reload
>inb4 processing game costs u have to if u dont want mu scarycites
I live in a rural area that produces a lot of pork and poultry so YMMV but shieeet

Don't tell me you literally eat flour soup daily.

Just fucking don't.

nigga you know he meant processed corn products and soja/meme beans

wew, I sure am feeling the bern now

depends where u live bro transpo is the vast majority of food cost

I do a semi-fast for weight loss (four days of 1910 calories, three of 500), and while I haven't noticed any improvements in focus, my overall energy level is a lot higher than it was before I started.

I been owlseying since the 80's and ive never been above a 20 BMI

also my insides are like a person half my age according to my doctors

>what are steamed vegetables, salad and pan fried lean meat and fish???

Fuck off fattie.
I work 9-5, have a young family and cook EVERY night from scratch.
Im also a 32year old man that works out 6 days a week.
Stop making excuses.

You would have to wipe out the entire Jew populace for that to happen.

dis. cept here beef is super cheap. I live in memetana tho as opposed to the south

If you have flour and water you can make bread, user. I'm not sure why they made gruel instead-- maybe so they could use even less flour than a loaf of bread would take?
Either way, bread is flour water and salt and time, so just like make that instead

bread is incredibly unhealthy tho

I think the point was that eating "flour soup" sounds like complete bullshit when flour+water = bread in the first place.

ye I know but I got nigtrigged

I'd imagine it's because yeast back then required letting your mixture sit out for a few days, as well as the whole matter of actually cooking it.

yeah wild yeast is some nasty shit. I know from experience through brewing and trying to make switchel

still tho once u get a good sourdough culture u let the whole serfdom hit and dey set 4 lyfe

£9 total

>premade, $3 smoothie
>$3 for 12 oz of packaged greens, when spinach and kale are both a dollar for a whole pound
>BLEACH

Nice, user.

>on sale £1.50/ $2.19
>also on sale £1.25 which is $1.83, its just spinach
>NARUTO PIECE

>healthy

This is why normies get heart disease

excluding the milk, which part is majorly unhealthy?

>pasta
>the only grain to share wheat's inflammatory properties
>oxalic acid noncruciferous garbage
>fructose scythes

sure is healthy

Ok, should I replace pasta with brown rice then?

Make cooking classes mandatory in middle and high school.

Good food is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself.

any old rice will do. oats gotta go too, and do something other than spinach. its godawful for ya. compared to literally every edible green
fruit juice/smoothies is the memeyest too bee tee dubs

take money saved, buy fresh meat, replace the loads of fruit you're apparently eating with a diversity of root or really any non-nightshade vegetable

>My dick is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself.

>spinach is godawful

>buy fresh meat

>IM BEING HEALTHY GUYS I SWEAR

No. Dem anti nutrients. Stick to white.

so you're saying a diet of purely meat, carrots, turnips, beet, broccoli, kale and rice is the non memiest, Veeky Forums approved healthy diet?

why does everyone hate fructose here?

>anti nutrients

this is reddit

this is memes

this is reddit

this is memes

>ignores the actually healthy suggestions
>he doesn't know about cruciferous greens or oxalic acid in spinach
wew
>inb4 vegan memescience about how the meat illuminati is trying to kill us all

because it's bad for you, as are pretty much all simple carbohydrates

Your suggestions include not eating spinach and eating meat. The effects of oxalic acid are mitigated for the most part because the high calcium content in spinach, it's not like anyone is eating only spinach anyways

>durrrr meat and fat is good for you!!!!

I guess we should eat that and our tradeoff is heart disease, cancer, and diabetes

Yummy!

>its meme science because i dont like it!!!!

White rice is perfectly fine for most people

Oats aren't that bad for you. Neither is spinach. You are a liar and your parents are ashamed.

>White rice is perfectly fine for most people
I was talking about fructose, sorry i was unclear

isn't it only fructose from added sugars that are bad? fruits have a low energy density and fibre and since you can't really overeat on fruit you wouldn't reach harmful fructose levels.

Thank you for that post and picture!!!!!!! Im screenshotting for a good guideline next time im in the store

>cancer from animal fat and meat
fresh meat is the most readily bioavalable source of a lot of required nutrients. cancer claims only extend to nitrate preserved and heavily processed meat, and plant fats are far worse for you, with the exception of palm(not kernel) and coconut oil.

>Heart disease
atherosclerosis is far more heavily correlated with simple carbohydrates and heavily processed, high carb diets than with animal fat, and there is no biological process that describes a causal link between dietary fat and heart disease, just correlative statistical analyses, becasue people eating processed shit are generally also more likely to eat empty calories. there is however a mechanism through the relationsip of insulin response and hormone transport proteins that points to simple carbs

>spinach is still healthy
at best it isn't harmful, and there are far better alternatives. that's all I was saying.

>what's due diligence

it's not meme science because I disagree with it, it's meme science because it isn't factual, and my opinions on nutritions are not informed on fantasy

>only extend to nitrate preserved and heavily processed meat

World Health Organization says otherwise, numerous studies cite how animal fat and protein contain carcinogens and promote the mutation of cancerous cells

>plant fats are far worse

In what way?

>with the exception of palm and coconut oil

No, oils in general are pretty bad, they are pure fat and inflammatory

>atheroscleroris is far more heavily correlated with simply carbs and heavily processed high carb diets than with animal fat

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Are you actually serious? You must be a paleo shill.

>there is no biological process that describes a causal link between dietary fat and heart disease

Lipid hypothesis, or does paleo cherrypicking ignore that too?

>at best it isn't harmful

That is absolutely absurd and totally disingenuous

>that's all I was saying

obviously not

>because it isn't factual

Go ahead and show us your research then, doctor

the thing is, there's no resistant fibre in bananas, and in a lot of farmed and selectively bred fruit, there's way more free fructose becasue sweetness is a quality we select for. wild berries do not have this problem. also, low nuritional density is a lot less empty if what you're eating has resistant start, low/no fructose, and better mineral content, like say, celeraic maybe

still working on my residency but thanks for recognizing
>numerous studies cite how animal fat and protein
not how, again, no biological mechanism of action. if you plan on citing the chinese beef study, look at the sample populations. the meat eaters were cherry picked from industrial areas, and the vegetarians from rural areas. methodology was terrible

> they are pure fat and inflammatory
dietary fats are not significantly inflammatory, especially compared to grains, legumes, soja, maize etc.

> they are pure fat and inflammatory
the presence of polyunsats, xenoendochrine agents, and the stabilizing agents they put in them mainly (granted that's an additive)

>Lipid hypothesis
first off, the lipid hypothesis does not refute my claim. find a biological mechanism of action that links dietary fat intake to unbound blood cholesterol levels or the relevant transport proteins, and what depriving yourself of dietary cholesterol and take a look at what relying on endogenous production does to your endochrine system. you're embarassing yourself. you're obviously just parroting what you saw on doctor Oz or whatever blogs you frequent

>paleo cherrypicking
paleo is about as bad as veganism. just in the opposite direction. the state of nutrition right now is a shitshow.

vegans BTFO

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22121108
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11743810
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18789600
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15955547

>the lipid hypothesis does not refute my claim

Yes it does. Do you know what the lipid hypothesis is?

>look at what relying on endogenous production does to your endochrine system

Nothing

>you're obviously just parroting what you saw on Doctor Oz

Doctor Oz is as dumb as you are. You're just an idiotic paleo shill parroting the absolute bullshit you read on Mark's Daily Apple or whatever bullshit Joe Rogan links on his twitter

Samefagging doesn't make you correct

yeah this. same way "sugar free" isn't healthy, "fat free" and "cholesterol free" aren't either.

what trickles down to the public is so oversimplified and filled with "lies to children" it's next to useless.

there's no magic bullet to healthy eating, and veganism, atkins/paleo, and all future meme diets will continue to prove it

Which is why the president of the Cardiological Association of America and the Dietetics association of America both recommend vegan or vegetarian diets

Vegans aren't devoid of saturated fat

>Yes it does. Do you know what the lipid hypothesis is?
I do, you don't clearly.

the nitrosamine precursors in fresh meat are onl activated if you decide charring the shit out of them dry is the best way to cook em

the mammalian study was in vitro, link is tenuous when you look at their conclusions

their samples for the colon one were largely not intaking fermented foods, which points more to the sanitization of everythin in the western diet more than meat

are you reading these or just earching pubmed for abstracts?

wew lad

When has american nutrition guidelines ever been the gold standard? why would I trust the fattest country? sweden is finding the opposite, and they aren't nearly as obese or lobbied by pharma, agro, and memesters

Clearly you don't. Otherwise we wouldn't be discussing it

Cooking meat activates the carcinogens in it. It doesn't matter whether it's "charred" or not

>was in vitro

And?

>link is tenous

Explain

>and not intaking fermented foods

And what? What does that have to do with animal proteins not being harmful?

Are you just dismissing things because they don't conform to your obvious misinformed dumb opinions?

>why would I trust the fattest country

Yeah, I forgot all those obese people were eating vegan diets recommended by the dieticians and cardiologists

I should follow your opinion because you clearly know what you're talking about

the meat still has carcinogens, cooking it simply activates even higher concentrations

sorry if life sciences are too complex for you to understand, I'll write a book spoonfeeding all of it to you, with big, colorful pictures, just give me a grant and a couple of years.

guess its my fault for expecting more of Veeky Forums