Butter vs Margarine

what do you use?
what SHOULD you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KG_ybdk1VaE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Butter

each has its own purpose. also salted/unsalted butters should be included.

Margarine is fucking nasty

So is butter healthy or unhealthy right now?

I can't keep track of this shit

I have yet to meet a single person who even uses margarine

>implying margarine is fucking nasty

There is literally no reason to use unsalted butter

The salt is barely enough to taste and has no impact on recipes, but does allow the butter to last longer, especially for people who leave it out of the fridge.

>barely enough to taste

Are you perhaps a smoker? The difference in taste between the two is massive.

Is this even a question? The only dumbasses that use margarine are amerifats

It's better than vegetable/corn/soy/canola/sunflower seed oil, but still, if it isn't organic it won't be that healthy.

>If it isn't meme it won't be healthy
I mean I appreciate the trips and the sentiment but
I'm not convinced by your reasoning

See, if it's made from your average shit-fed hormone filled cow, it won't have as much nutrients as a grass-fed cow, the butter of the later will have omega-3, less saturated fat and supposedly tastes better.

Sure, and boars taste better than pigs right?

I live in the UK, all the cows are grass fed.

Beef dripping

does margarine really have anything going for it besides pretending to be healthier at times? I'd go to shortening first

the difference is so big what the fuck man

Not really. People in poverty typically buy it because it's cheap and they can't tell the difference. I think people think it's healthy under the guise that it's "NOT" butter.

We call butter margarine

t. Eastern European

>hormone filled cow,

I have a simple solution to that: I don't live in a third world shithole that allows dairy cows to be pumped full of hormones.

margarine is way cheaper. i use it all the time unless im trying to bake something, and even then ill use margarine if i can.

There is no reason to eat margarine ever. Margarine is like 100% transfats. Animal fats are good for your brain. If you are vegetarian then eat coconut oil, to me it tastes a lot like butter anyway.

I use salted butter and omit the salt from recipes.

> Everyday use
Butter.
> Baking
Margarine when dictated by the recipe. Tried using butter instead, didn't work out. Some recipes just need the oil as well.

No such thing as a solely grass-fed cow. They have to feed them silage in winter.

There is a big difference. I always use unsalted that way if it needs salt I can add how ever much I want.

In places where it's hot margarine won't melt. I seen it used in all the countries south of the border.

I almost never use margarine but have tried it out in some baking recipes with good success.

youtube.com/watch?v=KG_ybdk1VaE

Margarine is VERY bad for your health.
Butter is the lesser evil.

All solid and semi-solid fats are bad for your health.

fuck off literally poster. there obviously is a reason for it

LITERALLY litterally litterally LIITTTERALLY

GUYS LITTERALLY THERE IS LITERALLY LITERALLY

LIITTTEERRALLLLYYY

>>reason for it

That'd be for baking. The amount of salt in some baked dishes is critical, therefore the salt is left out of the butter allowing the cook to know exactly how much needs to be added.

For other cooking purposes the salt content doesn't matter much.

>cis
>trans

hehehehhehe

Idk I eat butter on its own and as a spread because I'm European so I don't get how it would be substituted with something like margarine.

Margarine us literally horrible for you. Stick with butter its healthy and delishous

That wasn't implied. It was explicitly stated.

I was always told for unsalted butter the dairy has to use their best cream.
the salted butter would hide the actual flavor of the cream enough to get by.
and yes baking with unsalted means you have greater control over the amount of salt

literally confirmed for autistic

>butter
>healthy
pick 1 fat ass.

that would make sense like how flavored vodka isn't the best stock

how do you not taste the difference? It's a huge difference. Like big time

>what do you use?
Butter
>what SHOULD you use?
Butter

It's unhealthy, because it's pretty much pure fat, but it's no more unhealthy than margarine is.

The way they stabilize margarine is by partially hydrogenated the oils, which is code word for trans fats. Trans fats are the only fats with solid data behind it linking to cardiovascular disease

Saturated fat is no worse for you than cis unsaturated fats health wise, although certain long chain omega 3 fatty acids are probably the best fats for you to eat. In fact it is postulated that dolphins are so smart because of their diet rich in omega 3s, but that could easily be bullshit

I know it is a meme but it really shouldn't come to a surprise to people that a processed product made in a lab would be worse for you than something more natural. Butter is the way to go

Fucking barbarians.

Buttah.
Muh Trans fat free.
Muh flavah.

the difference is as gaping as your mothers vagina when i'm done dilating her with a speculum and checking carefully for signs of cervical cancer. the good news is she doesn't have cervical cancer. the bad news is i'm not a doctor and also i fucked your mom.

> implying that fat is unhealthy

lol, keep telling yourself that

I always thought margarine WAS butter...

Why would anyone buy margsrine ever? The only use for it is to spread it on bread but it tastes like vomit. Butter has a shit ton of uses and it tastes great.

Only use I ever have for margarine is for backing vegan crap

Why is there so much hate for margarine? I use butter for cooking/recipesand margarine for makin' sandwhiches.

It's an easy way to shave off some calories for a minimal taste difference.

In baking you need butter though, there's a massive chemical difference between the 2. The second it's going to see heat, use butter as an easy rule of thumb.

>regularly bakes pastries and inhales them like a goddamm ham planet
>uses margarine to save the amount of calories you burn taking a shit
Reconsider your priorities, bertha

trans fat is a demonstrated harm. margarine is for poors and scrooges.

Rumour has it magarine is made out of pig fat and causes cancer, true or false?

I use butter ding dong

If we're going to fight them we need to tell them why they're retards for constantly using a word for no fucking reason other than their favourite youtuber says it all the time.
Spazzy shitposting is making it worse.

On topic: when it comes to eating it straight, salted butter is where its at if you're in the kind of mindset where you'd allow yourself to do that.

Salted Butter master race. Stay mad, unsalted fags.

Seriously, though, it just tastes nicer. Sandwiches, crackers, etc.

margarine chemical compound is closely related to plastic

People who use salted butter for cooking dont know how to cook

I dated this hypersmart food fanatic. I thought I was a genius getting 100s on almost every exam. She sometimes scored better. So I paid attention to her and she brought me into this wild world of alternative foods. What a disappointment,

I like eating meat and I like eating at questionable dive bars. So be it. That's my life. It doesn't have to be scientifically controlled.

Salted butter is best when used as a condiment, but unsalted is necessary when baking and sometimes cooking.

To be honest I haven't baked in years, I've been living in shared flats which have had tiny kitchens and tiny single-shelf electric ovens. So I pretty much only use butter as a condiment in the first place.

>No such thing as a solely grass-fed cow. They have to feed them silage in winter.
Yes, there are.
I don't know the science behind it, but you can't make (original) swiss cheese out of silage fed cows' milk.

How is unsalty necessary for baking?

The only purpose of margarine is to be thrown in the goddamn trash where it belongs.

The idea is that some recipes call for specific amounts of salt, and with salted butter you have no control over the amount.

This guy knows

Can't you just eyeball it and add less salt? It's not like baking is brain surgery

tranny fats

Healthy at every size.

I use a plant margarine spread that i think is marketed towards women on sandwiches but always butter in cooking.

Baking is one of the sides of cooking that demands precision in measurements. Reason why many baking recipes use weight as opposed to volume.

I usually use this instead of butter. Sometimes I use butter, but I find it so rich.

as a lube or for eating?

>tfw people use table salt when measuring out the salt for a recipe

Use kosher salt people, unless you want to ruin your dish.

Butter for cooking/baking, margarine strictly as a bread spread.

mar-girn

It's mar-ger-reen you twinks

Butter for everyday uses.

Margarine only has use in baking, but you can replace it with lard for same texture and better flavor.

I use margarine for a couple baking recipes just because that's how they were taught to me by my mom/grandma, and I haven't bothered to experiment to figure out the right substitution with butter.

Fat isn't inherently unhealthy you dumb fuck

>not mar-jar-inn
Get with the enunciations bro

Fucking americans. Why the fuck do you put salt on EVERYTHING? It. Doesn't. Taste. Good. I swear every fucking time I get a steak it's salted to shit. Want some vegetables? Oh boy, you better pucker your asshole, because those puppies are saltier than the dead sea. Salt has no place in food.

shhhhhhh no bait.... only dreams......

There is no reason to use salted butter. Just get regular butter. If you need salt, open up the ol' salt shaker

Well margarine of course, but I do use butter too when I bake.

what do you mean by organic? i've literally never seen butter that isnt just churned milk.

Usually means free of chemicals and drugs, like antibiotics and hormones and all that hippie shit.

Then you've got the even fancier "grass fed" butter which supposedly tastes even better.

>Margarine is like 100% transfats.

This is untrue.

Regular butter is salted. Completely unsalted butter has a very short shelf life and is mostly used for baking.

>not using margarin with salty butter flavor