Denny's vs Ihop

Which one do you prefer? Why?

i found both to be super disappointing actually

What did you order?

IHOP always.
While IHOPS can vary from place to place, Dennys is consistently bad. The last couple of times I had to eat at a Dennys, I threw up afterwards, and I wasn't even drunk. That's a huge red flag.

dennys was when I hit rock bottom
I was 250 pounds, had no job, no friends. I went to a dennys and ordered a grand slamwich
I took a bite, then placed it down and just sat there looking at the plate for a while and realized I needed to get my shit together

you have to try pretty hard to make food as bad as denny's.

Waffle house ;^)

Denny's, because I consistently have shittier experiences at IHOP

neither

waffle house is goat

denny's because good memories

>yelp reviewers

i don't know what you mean by this but denny's was where i hung out in high school after getting baked with all my old friends.. going there just gives me a good nostaligia

Denny's because the one near me still has a full bar inside and I can have a beer with my Grand Slam. Also the overworked, big titted waitress and I have been having sex for awhile.

denny's because we actually have them in canada and their name isn't a fucking bald-face lie
"international" house of pancakes my fucking ass. fuck the cunt whoever named it that

>I was 250 pounds
post thickpics

Back in the day (no one but other oldfags like me would remember, though) they actually used to serve pancake styles from around the world. That's why they were called International House of Pancakes. I remember going there as a kid and trying different styles of pancakes every time. My favorites were the German and Swedish pancakes.
But yeah, now they're just known for diner style breakfasts and the never ending coffee carafes, so meh....
But, I'd still rather eat there than Denny's.

>used to serve pancake styles from around the world.
well that's fucking neat as shit
still pisses me off they kept the name though

i like denny's because it's fairly cheap and it's 24hr in a town with very few late-night options

Ah, this. I remember when their fruit syrups that were in the racks on the tables ( like blueberry and strawberry) actually had fruit in them.

>i like denny's because it's fairly cheap and it's 24hr in a town with very few late-night options

I can understand that. I used to live in a small town where Denny's was the ONLY late night option if you needed to go out for food. Thank god I was able to move.

Of course, there are Denny's where I live now, but I never go there, even if it's past midnight, sorry, ESPECIALLY if it's past midnight, because here, it's all full of drug addicts, trailer trash, and drunks. The last time I was at a Denny's here after midnight we watched a fight break out as a group of people were leaving that was so bad, I was seriously looking around to figure out how we were going to escape if it kept escalating. Never again.

>it's all full of drug addicts, trailer trash, and drunks
senpai that's the whole reason to go. baked off your gourd or after-the-bar adventures.

>ast time I was at a Denny's here after midnight we watched a fight break out as a group of people were leaving that was so bad, I was seriously looking around to figure out how we were going to escape if it kept escalating

well shit that'd definitely turn you off from ever coming back to one

>senpai that's the whole reason to go. baked off your gourd or after-the-bar adventures.
Oh, I know. We were drunk too. But there's normal drunks, and then there's the creepy drunks who look like they could go off and do something bizzaro at any moment, know what I mean?

My local IHOP is really fucking gross.

Denny's is alright, but it's really fucking expensive for what it is.

You never go into Denny's saying "yeah I could really go for some Denny's". No, you always say "it's 3 am, 90% of places is closed, I'm hungry, fuck it. Denny's"

IHOP you may theoretically plan going to ahead of time.

The one and only.

>I was seriously looking around to figure out how we were going to escape if it kept escalating. Never again.
Always sit without your back to the door, where you can see who enters a building too.

IHOP. I find that Denny's always makes me feel sick afterward. My local IHOP sucks but I've never had a bad BLT there.

GOD
O
D

BLESS
L
E
S
S

AMERICA
M
E
R
I
C
A

Denny's is the go to for a night out after drinking and smoking. They won't call the cops on you. Service usually sucks though.

IHOP there isn't one around me.

this

waffle house is best house

Literally the only place I can go drunk or sober and still be satisfied by the food and experience.

Every know and then Veeky Forums has a "best sandwich" thread.

Imo, the moons over my hammy is one of the best sandwiches ever created. I prefer Denny's only for that reason.

Grilled bread, scrambled eggs, ham, cheese, it's just perfection.

Don't bother if you aren't in Georgia.

For me it is Waffle House. The best shit chain diner.

I like both.

IHOP is pretty much the same shit but less "grimy." More expensive but has more and arguably better options.

Denny's has the same solid breakfast and cakes but sometimes the joint smells like piss. Denny's isn't even that cheap anymore. Spent like 10 bucks the last time I ordered a grand slam.

I like both but IHOP isn't open 24 hours and Denny's is my jam when it's 4 AM and I get a hankering for hashbrowns and a never-ending Coke.

>inb4 flyovers bring up Waffle House

Neither. When I want diner food, I go to my local diner.

It was featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.

mfw when I moved back to Cali to find no Waffle House. They seem to end at the Arizona border...

>implying that's something to be proud of

I don't eat at putrid chain restaurants friend

I know this is anecdotal but I have gotten dreadfully sick from ihop twice while dennys, despite their bottom barrel reputation has never made me feel bad afterwards

they also have a better selection of stuff

>Denny's, Ihop or Waffle house
Huddle House is where it's at my niggers

Cops and boarder patrol are always at my Denny's, and they always run out without paying for their meal. I see the same motherfuckers smoking cigs in the parking lot when I leave.

I believe this, Southern fuckups sure can cook.

Dennys is the ultimate /drunk/ restaurant. PERIOD.

There's just something about Waffle House that always, ALWAYS makes the building unsanitary

>"Full American"

Does it come with a complimentary shooting spree?

do yuro meals come with a side of muzzie rape or pipe bomb?

>Implying I'm from an European country

Don't you have a tower to cry over? Or two of them?

wow you must be old then

>implying anyone in America cares about the twin towers
who the fuck do you think started 9/11 jokes, ya kike

Technically, it was Isis.

Is Denny's ghettoish?

IHOP by a mile, but that's not saying much

At first thought, I was torn but I quickly realized the major difference. Denny's has real food while IHOP is only famous for waffles. They may be the best waffles on the planet but they are not steak and egg breakfast burritos.

Denny's + %1000 of the time

When I lived in the US I thought IHOP was better

I think we only went to Dennys like 3 or 4 times in the 5 years we lived there, but I remember going to IHOP at least once a month with my dad and sister on a Saturday morning

same exact food

no, its fine. its literally the same food/experience as ihop but with different colors on the sign

you'd think so but denny's manages to source food from wal-mart or wherever the fuck. all chain restaurants have the same stuff except denny's.

Oh hell yeah it is.

eating at dennys is always a bad time. ihop isn't great by any means, but it's acceptable.

this.

best waffles i've ever had.

also, hashbrowns all the way. ham, cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, jalapenos, sausage gravy, and chili. fucks up my stomache every time but it's worth it.

you have to go to an IHOP near a freeway for 24 hour service.

You want a good breakfast burrito available 24 hours you go to your local -urtos chain.

you go to dennys when you want gastrointestinal distress.

>Work for a bank
>Loan out some money to someone to buy a car
>She never makes payments and skips town with the brand new $22,500 car
>Three months later
>Someone in the office finds her on Facebook while doing audits of charged-off loans
>Working at Waffle House in Georgia, half the country away
>We repo her vehicle while she's working
>Someone at Waffle House recorded her freak-out and posted it to her Facebook so we could all see
>Waffle House is now a running inside joke all over the office

At the risk of sounding like a total loser, I wish I could have gone to one back in the day. I love this vaguely European diner look.

this. best mediocre coffee and food. always can expect to have something passable to eat.

I really want to go to one of these shitty places.

>this

waffle house desu

Well shit, I guess we gotta delete the thread now.

What is a Dennys grand slam and how much is it.

>hash browns all the way
Mein neger. Best drunk food ever made but your asshole pays a terrible price the next day.

Waffle House?

>move to Austin with my brother
>new life, new town, new things
>always heard terrible things about Denny's, literally, a real life meme.
>fuck it lets go.
>they sell beer
>I got burger and fries.
>brother got some kinda steak
>both got appatizers. I forgot what.
>friendly waitstaff, got cute girls number
>food was good
>beer was cold

9/10.

The only waffle house by me is now a fucking bank. I hate the ny jews, how many fucking banks do they need.

Yup, I remember when they actually looked like that. I was a little kid, but yeah, so comfy.

Always IHOP unless I'm extremely hungry and broke. IHOP makes better shit bag coffee and their food is better. Dennys has the Grand Slam Slugger which comes with coffee AND juice. Dennys was good when I lived in a nowhere town without an IHOP, but local diners were better and cheaper.

Denny's you fag lord cock sucking douche bag gay lord poop slurpin dick wad asshole bitch ass faggot.

sausage and pancakes ^^

a challenger appears

I dunno. I like both. IHOP has got those fancier breakfast stuff on their menu, but Denny's has those really simple delicious plates of meat, eggs, and hashbrowns.

For me, it depends on what I would like to have. And this is because I have never experienced anything bad in either of these diners when I frequented them. Not stomach pain, not drunk people, not bad tasting food.

>Denny's vs Ihop
Apples and oranges IMO
IHOP isn't as varied with the menu.

Denny's vs Shari's would be better. Maybe it's a regional thing.

uhh, what the fuck?

NORMS you fucking losers. They never close. Their menu tells you it's "where life happens"..

Who dis?

Norms is pretty based

It's pretty much Baby Boomers: the restaurant. Like I'm sure your parents loved it (which is probably why you like it too)

>my mom: user, let's go to Norms, they had the biggest steaks ever when I was in college, absolutely MASSIVE
>me: okay
>order a T-bone
>it's flat and gray
>tastes alright
>pleasant service
>leave satisfied, perhaps touched by some invisible tendril of d'eau Americana, we live with our souls enriched

I enjoy Norms.

That wasn't OP's question, you shitheap.

why is the quality of the potato fry things on these two plates so astronomically different?

Denny's is cheap, comfy, and tasty. IHOP is cold, takes forever, overpriced, and bland.

People saying Waffle house, what do you order?

That looks even worse than I was expecting

Reason why i wonder what people order.....

Where on earth is there a waffle house where the hashbrowns come out like that? Also
>plain hashbrowns
I have nothing but contempt for you.

Ihop for sirloin tips and eggs

I dunno, a big pile of hash browns washed down with OJ? The bacon even looks cold through the photograph, I don't know how that's possible.

steak patty melt
bowl of chili if I'm feeling dangerous

Waffle House feels like a lower class Denny's.....

for 1/3 the price and twice the flavor

Poor people place, right.

Also drunk people at 3am

Denny's because it consistently has some of the best tasting burgers I've heard had honestly. Double bacon cheeseburger with seasoned fries and a chocolate milkshake is a god-tier meal.Their breakfast is usually kinda shit though

just cause u got a cute girls number doesnt make the beer or the food taste any better jackass

>Where on earth is there a waffle house where the hashbrowns come out like that?
Well most servers assume that you want them "scattered" which is not in that round shape.

All Star Special: sausage, hash browns scattered, smothered, and covered.