Do non-americans really not like burgers? Maybe you don't have good burgers where you live...

Do non-americans really not like burgers? Maybe you don't have good burgers where you live? Because I don't see why anybody wouldn't like it.

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/12188014/Le-burger-now-top-selling-dish-in-French-restaurants-new-study-reveals.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do non-filipinos really not like balut? Maybe you don't have good balut where you live? Because I don't see why anybody wouldn't like it.

No, it's fucking weird and gross. Nothing about a hamburger is off-putting unless your a Hindu poo poo.

Burgers are popular world wide, stop getting your information from memes.

I just hate fast food burgers because they don't have beetroot and egg, which are essential for a good quality burger.

They're sandwitches with soft and sweet bread and usually ground beef that is flattened dry.
They're tolerable but we've got better sandwitches.
Also fast food places tend to stink because of all the frying happening in the kitchen.

The only good burgers I ate were homemade and leaked a ton of meat juices when I bit into it. The format of the bread just isn't fitting to the format of the core fillings.

What does it taste like?

can't get over the fact that it has feathers. grosses me out

Do non-americans really not like burgers?
dude everyone fucking likes burgers

AHAH

holy misinformed.

fast food burgers suck because they are about a centimeter thick and the meat is of awful, dry quality. if you are one of those people that mixes eggs and breadcrumbs and shit into your burger...just...please don't.

A burger raped me mum and killed me bruva

>eggs and breadcrumbs and shit
not him but what's the reason it's so bad to do that?
i frequently mix chunks of feta and greek seasoning into my ground beef before making them into burgers

>Slovenian horse meat burger

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/12188014/Le-burger-now-top-selling-dish-in-French-restaurants-new-study-reveals.html

Burgers are popular everywhere.

more than anything it's a textural thing. when people mix eggs/breadcrumbs into the burger, I think they either are using it as some sort of totally unnecessary binder to keep it together, or they just do it because they saw their parents or a guy on TV do it so that must be the way to do it.

also, when you mix all the stuff together you're pressing the meat into a tight chewy burger. all you need is good 80/20 ground chuck, form a round patty NOT by smooshing the fuck out of it, and make sure you get a good sear. the reason people fuck up burgers and they don't stay together is because people don't let it sear and they flip it like 6 times, of course it's gonna fall apart.

what I do is make a patty, crush a little garlic and sorta press it lightly on one side, salt and pepper the side you're going to lay it on first, then when it's in the pan salt and pepper the other side. and some good ass bomb ass dank ass cheese, dawg.

I really like to drizzle a tiny bit of worcestershire on at the end, put the cheese over it, turn the heat off and put a lid on so the cheese melts.

oh, okay. i never understood why people put in the breadcrumbs and egg either, since my burgers usually don't fall apart (because, like you said, i don't flip them a million times)

by the by, is my feta+greek seasoning a bad idea or is it pretty tasty-sounding
(because i think it turns out fucking delicious)

why don't you just top it with feta?

i-i like the inside of the burger to be cheesy too :(
and the greek seasoning makes it taste really good too

I mean I just do salt and pepper and cheddar but you can do whatever you want if you think it's a good burger. I'd try it.

I just prefer salt and pepper only because I really like the flavor of the beef and the buns. those two are pretty much my favorite part. I don't even usually put toppings on mine unless I get a weird craving, just a little mustard. but yeah whatever, do what you like. you obviously know it's not 'traditional' but who gives a fuck about that? especially when its just a burger

Au Cheval burger in Chicago change my life.

Be like Au Cheval.

I do kinda agree with this though. I mean look you're gonna do what you like but what I was saying is mixing a bunch of stuff in changes the texture of the beef a little bit and when you press all that in, it's just a little less tender. but as long as you aren't dumping bread crumbs and eggs in there, it's not gonna make a huge difference.

I'm obviously talking about the entire burger, not just the meat.

Brits and Irish routinely add breadcrumbs to their """""""""""""""burgers"""""""""""""""
If anyone should ever say they dislike'em, it should be Brits and Irish. What a goddamn atrocity.

People from the UK boil their burgers

I've never had one made like that but I've seen tv shows and shit where the chefs or judges or whoever get mad about it being "meatloaf" and not a real burger.

I mean it can't be THAT bad

yeah even ramsay adds these. it's literally 100% pointless.

it makes sense for meatloaf because you want the meat to be more dense, especially if you add chopped onion and all that, but it's just totally useless for burgers and there's no reason for it unless you want to make the meat not taste as good.

no it's not some great atrocity but there's a reason you add it to meatloaf and a reason you keep it out of burgers. its just doesn't make sense with burgers, period.

Despite the name, British """""""""toast""""""""" is also boiled, rather than toasted.

I don't know why this guy is turning this into a brits vs. amurica thing but just ignore him. we americans do shit foreigners would deem as the wrong way too.

I was visiting Dublin some years back and drunkenly ordered a burger out someplace. I could taste the breadcrumbs. It was not worth the 10€ I paid for it.

I could find no places serving proper Irish food. It was all Brit stuff or American stuff or Anglicised versions of stuff from other countries. Do the Irish even have a native cuisine?
>inb4 irish stew guy

how do you boil toast

Boiled pigs feet, potatoes, and really shit beer.

One thing they've got going for them is that Brits do things with jacket potatoes that would make Americans blush..

put it in boiling water

>le burger

gb2 reddit

lol

I'm always looking for new things to do with taters.

made some fondant potatoes a couple months ago and those were awesome.

Where I'm from (southern Italy), we also do lots with potatoes, though we're not really known for that.

For one, we have a sort of lemon-flavoured doughnut based on a brioche-like, potato-based dough.

For another, we make a "cake" (gattò, from French 'gateau') of mashed potatoes mixed with beaten eggs and layered in a baking dish with ham and cheese, topped with buttercrumb and baked.
A final, fairly uncommon thing we do with them is "stovetopped" potatoes (I don't know how else to translate the word to English, sorry). It's like a casserole, but cooked on the hob rather than in the oven, of sliced potatoes, onions, black pepper and oregano with lots of olive oil and just a little water. The bottom of the potatoes get nice and browned/burnt and crusty, like Persian rice.

So there are three more things to look up to do with potatoes, user. Enjoy.

Not that guy but egg with a burger, whether it's a topping or mixed into the meat, is elder God tier.

>For another, we make a "cake" (gattò, from French 'gateau') of mashed potatoes mixed with beaten eggs and layered in a baking dish with ham and cheese, topped with buttercrumb and baked.
holy fuck that sounds amazing

If you mix breadcrumbs, egg, and seasoning with meat it isn't a burger. It's meatloaf. If you eat it on a bun it's a meatloaf sandwich. Nothing wrong with it but it isn't a burger.

This guy actually knows what's ups. So many idiots throw so many unneeded things into burgers and over season em

Yeah? It's really nothing special, but I guess that's because it's such an 'everyday' sort of thing to me.
I can't give exact measurements as they'll vary according to the size of your baking dish, sorry, but it's not a difficult dish to get right the first time just but using common sense.

To make it, just boil or steam some peeled potatoes then mash'em, salt to taste and allow to cool.
Heat up the oven and, meanwhile, whip the cooled mash with beaten eggs. For flavour, texture and colour, we'll typically put one yolk per every two whole eggs, but just whole eggs is fine, too.
In your baking dish, put down a 3cm thick layer of egged mash.
Top it with shredded or chopped ham. Cooked or 'raw' (IE dry) ham is up to you. I like cooked.
Top that with any shredded or grated cheese that melts well. Smoked provola is a favourite, but most stretched-curd cheeses should be fine.
Top that with another layer of eggy mash and repeat, ending on a layer of mash.
Then top that final layer with buttercrumb and bake.
It's meant to be eaten at or just above room temperature, so do allow it some time to cool before eating (though you can certainly eat it hot, too).
Serve it with a salad and it's a full, simple meal.

Honkey McWhiteboy here. I be likin' me some balut. Freakin' tastey.

Autism

You slurp the liquid, which is like rich, fresh chicken broth. The chick Tate's like . . . chicken. It's unpleasant to get poked in the gums or hard palate by a tough feather or bone, which seldom happens because the chick is so young. The yolk tastes like super farm fresh yolk. Skip the whites. By the time you've cooked the egg enough to cook the chick, the whites have the consistency of a golf ball.

Durrrr somebody stated a fact that refuted my false beliefs, he's AUTISTIC

Gattò di patate is one of my favorite potato dishes.
Un po' pesante però!

sounds good, would totally eat

aw thanks
i might make some this weekend even

>I really like the flavor of the beef
i'm broke most of the time and buy shitty walmart beef so