How the fuck is it even possible to fuck up meat this way...

how the fuck is it even possible to fuck up meat this way? to get it so burned on the outside while at the same time so raw inside.

not even a decently good b8. 1/10.

>what is smoked beef

I agree that that layer of smoke is pretty THICK but kys my man

1/10 I responded

triggered/10

What makes someone post such obvious shitty bait like this?
Seriously, what kind of validation do you get out of it.
"Hurr Durr, I made people mad. Derrrp!"
See you on page 10 kiddo.

Why in God's name is he serving okra with that barbecue? He has perfectly good pickles nearby. WTF.

What is it about the OP that makes you think it can't be genuine? Looks pretty gross to me desu

I've always wondered what the fuck that dirty water he dips one piece of meat in is. I sure as hell wouldn't eat that, looks like grease from a pan that hasn't been cleaned in a while.

>Muh opinion is fact
Shit looks good, your opinion is bad

I'm being sincere, what is so appealing about it that makes it irrefutable to criticism?
Just looks like stinky goop.

Wrong
My opinion is my opinion, nowhere did I say that either side was "fact".
There is nothing special about it that would make it immune to disgust.

It's just a different kind of pickle, m8
you can pickle things other than cucumbers

"I think it looks yucky" isn't actual criticism

Well, what makes it not "yucky"?
Simply because I find it repulsive doesn't make it wrong. Perhaps I am not seeing what you like about it so much. By all means share what makes this sort of food undeniably loved.

You're starting an argument about opinions
You're telling me to devise an argument that proves that I like the taste of something
But that's stupid
Obviously people like different things
You're allowed to think it would taste yucky, but that's still not a criticism, that's just your opinion

I have eaten at La Barbecue. Pretty incredible really.

because any one on Veeky Forums with an iota of intelligence knows what fucking smoked meat is.

You're just a shitty troll and I honestly regret responding to you since I'm playing right into your hand.

I'm not trying to make an argument. I'm just wondering why out of all the 10 times a day this gif/webm gets posted, if anyone finds it unappealing they are considered trolls or have shit taste.
Any differing feelings on the matter are immediately dismissed, even though the reasons can be legitimate.

I know exactly what it is, no one is arguing what it is. I'm not trolling, sorry you feel that way.

>even though the reasons can be legitimate
"it looks yucky" still isn't a criticism
you're allowed to have different opinions, but "I think this looks gross" isn't the source of a discussion

Claiming someone is "trolling" and posting "b8", etc. isn't criticism either, whats the point of latching onto the concept of criticism?
I'm not saying it just looks unappealing, I'm saying that it is unappealing.
Of course I'm "allowed" to have an opinion, it goes without saying.
I just don't see why people defend this by the majority of posters.

>isn't criticism either
Why would you assume we're critiquing your opinion?

>I'm saying that it is unappealing
okay

News flash: Lots of delicious food looks gross as hell.

Except this is not the case with OP.

Because pickled okra is delicious

Exactly, it both is delicious AND looks delicious.

True, it probably tastes even worse than it looks and it looks like wifey material

>>I'm allowed to have an opinion
yes you are, and you are allowed to have that opinion be "I only like chicken tendies and ketchup" as well. That does not however give us any fucking prohibition on having and expressing the opinion that you are a fucking tasteless faggot.

This is our opinion, though it is informed by the objective fact that you are asking why everyone thinks you're acting like a troll by starting an internet confrontation, rather than just figuring out what you're looking at and why people like it.

Given that you started your B8 with "how do people fuck up this badly? its burnt and raw" you are not only already acting like a twat and have no room to be upset with similar treatment, but you are factually not correct about anything you just said, showing total ignorance of what you are looking at.

Shit bait, fuck off.

That's all well and good, but pickles go with barbecue. Not pickled okra.

Bump

pickled okra are pickles, idiot
anything pickled is a pickle

>>cherry picking.

Sounds like you're a retard son.

A pickle is a cucumber that is preserved in vinegar/etc brine.

But you can 'pickle' other things. Pickled beets, pickled peppers, etc.

But an actual pickle, the food, is the cucumber.

Either this is bait

Or pic relate

You are the one who moved the goal post to be "more right"

In North America 'pickle' is synonymous with pickled cucumbers you autist

>North American

Pickle is a relish and has been for longer than your colony was discovered, clapyfat.

I didn't do shit you fucking retard. I came to this thread to check on my posts, saw you crop a dictionary, and thats cherry picking, so I called your dumbass out on it.

>not cherry pickling
missed an easy one there, user

'Murga

They don't have good meat over there so it needs to be burned twice and covered in sugar before they will eat it.

>so raw
Are you my English baby boomer auntie and uncle or some shit? Just a hint, you probably won't like Veeky Forums.

you sound like a deformed freak

Horrible bait.

>more synonymous
Not at all
Besides the fact you're misusing that word, more countries pickle multiple vegetables than just the cucumber

ITT: burgercucks get absolutely assblasted

I never understood why this webm was recurrently used to picture good food on this board. I love barbecue, I enjoy many different ways of cooking the meat from almost raw steaks to well-done carne asada, but this doesn't look good. Do you eat the burnt part? Doesn't it taste like charcoal? Isn't that really carcinogen?

Based quality and delicious American meat putting yuroveggiecucks on suicide watch

most of it looks good but the first two bits are just an insult to the meat. Raping the butcher's daughter and shitting on his front yard would have been less revolting.

some dark sauces, glazes and marinades commonly used for grilled meats turn almost black without actually burning. It isn't charred, but the water from the brown sauce they use evaporates, leaving behind meat that looks like it is black

Also, it's not raw
It just looks that red because that's how some smoked meats look

said it before, but this is just so absolutely joyless and horrible. Some faggot in Brooklyn literally just took the soul out of BBQ and remade it into somthing technically correct. It really just makes me deeply sad

>It really just makes me deeply sad
jesus christ man pick your battles

I grew up eating this food, made by my family and friends, it was an opportunity for joy, for camraderie, a chance to have something to ourselves, that we truly made with love. I remember getting up at 3AM with my uncles to start the meat and make the sauces, watching them in a dim cool kitchen before the heat of the day set in, watching my father cutting meat and putting up the hunt, seeing grown men slave all day with the utmost seriousness for a meal for everyone in the family come together, and watching the small smiles and deep contentment they had, just quiet good men, not braggarts or loud people, just taking the best feelings in life out of cooking this food for the people they loved.

This person comes along and pretends to do it better for the purpose of making a business out of the food we created and perfected. Yes, it makes me sad.

>OP that makes you think it can't be genuine?
He had to be mentally retarded. I mean have you ever seen a piece of meat being burned as fuck on the outside while being soft and juicy on the inside?

Honestly, the thing that bothers me most about that webm is his haphazard use of gloves.

>BBQ WAS INVENTED BY MY FAMILY! MINE!
>HE COULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN UP EARLY TO MAKE THESE, HE COULDN'T HAVE PUT ANY WORK INTO HIS SAUCES
>I MISS MY CHILDHOOD
just fucking stop already

you sound very gay

wow nice carcinogenic crust

I love that webm. It all looks tasty as hell to me. Oh and this thread is on page 1 and has been at the top of Veeky Forums for a couple days now, kiddo

>afraid of cancer
live a little, or you'll live yourself to death with lots of regrets

Meat drippings, retard

Holy shit REKT

>the food we created and perfected

Get over yourself you overly-sensitive fag

Assburgers, the post.

MOOOOM i posted it again!!

Non-American here. How does that BBQ crust taste like? If I overgrill my meat, the crust tastes like burned, charred meat, not pleasant at all. I assume it must taste good, otherwise there would be no point in doing it.

You've never made a pan sauce?

that meat isn't grilled

Where did I say that OP's meat is grilled? I was talking about my meat, and the shitty crust that results from overgrilling it.

The crust is formed from a mixture of spices and brown sugar, sometimes mustard as well.

The spices include paprika, cayenne, salt, black pepper and other things depending on the cook and the meat. Mixed with brown sugar, this is rubbed onto the meat at least several hours prior to the beginning of the cook. Often, if pork be prepared mustard will be rubbed on the meat before the dry rub is added.

Since the cooking process is "low and slow" with temps in the 250 to 350 F range (120-180C) the rub isn't quickly seared as it is directly over heat on a grill. The meat cooks slowly, fat and fluids from the meat mix with the rub and slowly roast to create a delicious spicy crust.

So it appears to be burned, but it actually isn't. Thanks.

this looks like a baked turd

I had a smoked burger for the first time last week and it was fucking great. Why have I not heard of this before?

Lmao

Burgercucks = 0
You = 1

I still want to try that platter with some friends.

>EEEWWWWW why is it raw inside, who would eat this?!?!
>it's not raw, it's smoked you retarded troll
>GEEZ why is it anytime someone thinks this is unappealing and raw they're considered trolls with shit taste?!?!?!?
Well wonder why...

fucking delicious, yurocucks on suicide watch

I dunno why you think it's bad. That's how I cook large pieces of red meat like brisket or Tri Tip.

It tastes good while remaining moist and flavorful.

You know sage still exists right?

I want BBQ so fucking badly now, holy shit. I mean, I said, goddamn.

Are you literally retarded?

>smoking meat originated in the US

>I love barbecue

What the fuck is your idea of barbecue, that you've never had smoked brisket? That's a delicious, outer crust of wood smoke and brisket rub.

This is like a staple of all Texas BBQ, it isn't shit without smoked brisket.

Even with gloves, all that manhandling of the food irks me

If your barbeque needs any more than a coal fired grill, raw meats, salt and pepper it's p. shit

I'd fuck a goat just to taste that meal

He never said that you're opinion was wrong either. He said it was bad, because it is.

Learn to read, senpai.

>he wouldn't fuck a goat for free

I think it looks pretty good, but I get what you're saying. Let's be honest, though: people here will shitpost you into oblivion if you dare have an opinion that doesn't fit in with the hivemind.

>t. mehmed al abdullah

how the fuck this whole thread went by without people explaining barbecue to OP i do not know.

OP, it is not burnt, that blackness is from the absorption of smoke into the surface of the meat, which is also made up of lots of sugar and spices which oxidise and brown. the low temperature of smoking and the humidity in a smoker prevent burning from happening. look up black garlic. black garlic is not burnt, but it is completely black. this is from a chemical reaction between sugars and proteins in the garlic which can occur at very low temperatures over a long period of time.

secondly, the meat is not raw, it is actually VERY thoroughly cooked. the pink colour just beneath the surface comes, again, from the smoke, which is not technically *doing* anything to the colour of the meat but actually *preventing* it from going brown, which it ordinarily would when cooked that thoroughly. the whole point of barbecue is to cook thoroughly, but slowly. it is like you are stewing the meat, not with liquid water but with very wet air.

so i hope you now understand that the meat is neither burnt nor raw. however, all this is for nothing if you haven't tried american barbecue yet because it is only when you've done that that you will truly see how delicious it is. that's your job. once you've done that you will probably have a different opinion on how disgusting it looks.

this thread is obviously troll shit bate like 99% of Veeky Forums but...

people come to the restaurant i work at and order the smoked wings (fucking amazing wings) from a menu that has big bold letters describing that the wings are smoked/the smoking process/the color of the meat and still every fucking day some dumb bitch will send it back "because it is raw"

>all these autists defending ruining meat like this
simply epic

You're memeing barely at a junior high level.