Have you had any experience with "American" food outside of America?

Have you had any experience with "American" food outside of America?

This is American Fried Rice in Thailand. It's made with fried chicken, ham, hot dogs, raisins, ketchup, and croutons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ngmX0LwuLo0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I had clam chowder here in Mexico. It was nice and delicious 2bh.

I love American food.

Mexico here too, it is hit and miss. One winner is a burger place here that actually puts fried ham along with bacon and cheese on a burger.

Tex-mex food in Germany
>magaritas on point
>order food, ordered enchiladas
>food comes out, basically paella (wut)
>lima beans (wut) and corn everywhere
>whole pickled jalapenos decking the entire side of dish
>some chicken mixed in with paella

But in the end I just ate it and since I was with my german friends I thanked them for taking me some place that felt like home (the thought was what mattered most).

It wasn't tex-mex, but I'm glad someone thought enough to take me to it.

Patrick star pizza in taiwan

Some sort of weird ricotta/cream cheese, taco meat, broccoli.

The rest of the menu, some pretty shitty stuff on there and the dessert menu isn't even desserts.

shitty burger in peru

check out this pizza

That's fucked up

Had a really disgusting pepper pizza in Viet Nam.

It was a pepper sauce instead of a tomato sauce based pizza. Except there was almost no sauce and it was basically 2 pounds of dumped black pepper.

>hot dogs, raisins, ketchup, and croutons.
What the fuck

They aren't desserts because it's the desert menu.

It's good for breakfast, if you don't put in raisins.

da fug is this

One thing Mexicans cannot do is make hamburgers. I'm sorry, but I can't trust my own kind with making a hamburger.

it's shit

No deserts either, aren't even dry foods.

Oh and there were multiple signs that said risotto but b none on the menu.

looks pretty american tbhh

A desert isn't a primary climate for civilized people, more of a side climate. Thus side dishes go on the desert menu.

I can't tell if the burger is huge or the fries are tiny

Oh my holy fuck.......

looks baller as fuck though

That's what a lot of Asian bakery/imitation American places are though - all presentation.

Looks like shit.

They were those tiny potato chip sticks from a bag

The rest of the world really thinks we put corn on everything.

I think its Japan which has "American" pizza thats basically just covered in corn

Savages

This is actually pretty accurate, everything outside of the US that they call "American Style" is just basically any food, plus ketchup and white bread

I warn everyone, this is not for the faint of heart:
youtube.com/watch?v=ngmX0LwuLo0

This is how America is represented as both food and people to the world. It is painful to see.

It didn't look too bad

I'd probably buy it unless it had like hot dogs or shit on it

I went to Popeye's Chicken in Dongduchon, South Korea. I ate yakimandu, bulgogi and noodles. Why? Because that was the most American thing on the menu.

In Europe, everything American has corn on it.

>Le pizza is American maymay

I can't make burgers either 2bh, the meat is just like crumbs and falls apart when I try to form one. I would use a binder like an egg but apparently that is a major no no.

Maze is an American food and your media shows you eating corn on the cob constantly. It is a very strong symbol of America so it being pu ton faux burger food makes sense.

Indeed, take any food and pleb it up a bit, bam, you have American food.

well at least japan has the reason that americans were the ones to introduce corn to the country during the war

Can confirm

What the fuck are you doing to the meat to make it fall apart?!

>that crust

>your media shows you eating corn on the cob constantly

What?

I'm literally opening the package and shaping the meat into a burger. I have tried making them bigger, smaller, thicker, thinner and compressing them between two pans. They fall apart every single time.

They never smell right either.

Pizza is American you fucking faggot

I wonder if real tex-mex or maybe new mexican food would be a big hit in a european country.

You heard me. It's all family barbecues with flags and corn eating on a wooden table.

I would guess that you're not cooking them at a high enough heat. The sear should help it hold together. Also, if too much water comes out and stays in the pan, it will not only smell funny but the meat will begin to stew which will cause it to fall apart.

Kill yourself my man.

Now I'm very interested in how americans are portrayed in media in the rest of the world.

You are so fucking stupid.

As a non-Germany this does seem pretty similar. All nuclear family and people being overly emotional and lovey while mentioning America as much as possible.

It just needed some more flags, and chanting "USA!USA!" or pledge of allegiance and it would be basically what we have.

Modern pizza is just about the most American food you can get outside of hamburgers. Let's not get nerdy romantic about ancient Rome and a couple of leaves and cheese on bread.

I want to help you, but I can't even guess what you're doing wrong.

The only thing I can guess is the quality of meat you're buying is awful.

First off, I don't know about that.

Second, in BBQ pictures they're eating corn because it's BBQ food. Shouldn't all these pizzas be covered with pulled pork or hamburgers instead.

>Shouldn't all these pizzas be covered with pulled pork or hamburgers instead.
They are, but those are two different varieties of American pizzas. The corn is a base ingredient like the tomato sauce and cheese. In fact the tomato sauce is sometimes a barbecue sauce so corn is more of a baseline of American pizza than the sauce.

No because that would make sense on an "American style" food

Course I mean it's nice to know that the rest of the world is just ignorant about other cultures they claim us to be.

It's not just at a BBQ, every time you are shown eating as a family there is always a tray of corn with the meal.

Americans seem to exclusively eat like that though. Take King of the Hill, they don't even use their oven and exclusively eat using their barbecue.

I have never seen nor ever heard of corn on a pizza (in the U.S.). I've lived in 13 states and have traveled to all 50. I heard the Japs do it.

To cook food, you apply heat. The method of heat is insignificant. Assigning significance to it broadcasts your immaturity.

>Pizza
>Ancient Rome
Your American "education" is showing.

Not really, if we were as ignorant of the world as Americans then we would say that New York is located in Panama and that Americans eat fried butter.

What?

Habla Ingles?

I speak English at a level higher than your own and that post was both gibberish and nothing to do with my own.

Your attention span is shorter than an interrupted hiccup.

In other words you're confessing you're just not that smart.

I'm not the user you think I am.

Right, you're just shitposting. Great job user, you earnt a banana sticker.

The corn is what gets me.

>I would use a binder like an egg but apparently that is a major no no.
Since when? I have never heard that. Everyone I've ever seen make hamburgers has added an egg.

Nor am I

HAHA!!!!

You shuffle your thoughts like you shuffle cards, too many of them fall on the floor.

I once asked on here and all of the Americans jumped down my throat saying using a binder like an egg or breadcrumbs is disgusting and a real burger should be beef and salt, nothing more.

>Pizza is American you fucking faggot

The modern pizza was invented in Naples, Italy, and the dish and its variants have since become popular in many areas of the world.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza

Fucking anglos, I swear to god.

@7624632
That's nice.

Good beef doesn't need anything more. If you have something from a discount store then by all means, dress it up however you wish.

Don't lump me in with the burgers, they are German, Irish and Mexicans, you kraut cunt.

Now why would you imply I was using cheap meat like that? When I see Americans make burgers it seems much more paste like, mushy.

That's not modern, you insufferable dope. Modern is what you find in the United States. Also - it is 100x fucking superior than anything "original."

Sometimes I think posts like this are non-Americans trying to make burgers look bad.

>The modern pizza was invented in Naples, Italy, and the dish and its variants have since become popular in many areas of the world.

American "education".

>toast
kek

That's plain sliced white wonderbread and you would be a lair to claim that isn't a major component of barbecue.

I had a milkshake in russia

just milk with sugar served cool

what is american food? pemmican stew? roast eagle?

Gripping onto nostalgia like it was a life raft in a hurricane is just as useless. Come aboard the modern times. You know, the modern times that started back in the 1950s. We (Americans) adopted the pizza and made it our own. Pizza just isn't pizza unless you get it in the States.

You're only kidding yourself if you argue.

There are more varieties of American food than anywhere on planet Earth.

Why? Because the entire world makes up the United States.

Insult America = insulting yourself.

I have seen Americans unironically say this before. It's just sad.

if that's really called "Patrick Star Pizza" i'll be so happy. based taiwan

Could you be any more superficial?

The "bolognese" was essentially ground beef and tomatoes with taco seasoning.

I have to admit I laughed at "What's Deutschland?" "Oh, it's that little country next to Austria."

in legit spanish or mexican rice you will find a few lima beens, but not many. but as a side, thats crazy

King of the Hill is not an accurate representation of typical American families. For one, it's set in Texas.

In Europe "American" pizza has a thick crust. Regular Italian pizza is thin crust.

Blame Pizza Hut, I guess.

we call cool ranch doritos cool american in holland if that counts.

what is ranch anyway