Food for depressed people

What are some good foods for people with depression? :(

delicious foods

Just buy a mountain of junk food and make a small pile next to your bed, don't stop eating until you finish or the pile of empty wrappers is taller.
I once ate so much my tounge hurt and then I went back into the store to buy more

foods that contain omega 3

I eat a lot of junk food and I feel like crap, I think a healthier diet could help to make me feel better.

Eat something extremely nutritious that settles in your stomach well. If you eat a bunch of garbage you'll feel a bit better for a second but then you'll feel even worse after.

Just off the top of my head, bone in pork chops marinated in fermented pepper sauce, some nice oily garlicy green beans or maybe kale fried in the pork juice, a generous helping of sweet potato for them dense nutrients, some quinoa on the side or maybe just a small rice bowl if you have that, and a fruit salad for dessert.

>depressed
>buy a lot of ingredients
>come home, make complicated meal
>finish it in 4 minutes while sharing to the computer because I can't stand the. Loneliness
>look at dirty dish
>look at everything I dirtied cooking
>just for 4 minutes
>I didn't even enjoy it
>oh god

Xanax, lithium, and SSRIs

foods that are hard to make. if you spend 4 hours preparing something youll take 10 minutes to eat, youll probably take 2 steps forward. depression isnt a structure to be broken, its an active force that needs to be actively subdued

vitamin D whole milk? idk

Like fish?

That was just throwing around an idea. You could also just make a simple sprout stir fry with some chicken or something. Cooking something more complicated should distract you from the crippling depression though. Besides the point of a nutritious meal isn't just for while you're eating it. It's the feeling afterword too.

>iktf
>follow recipe
>turns out bland but you eat it anyways
>cry afterwords because you're a failure

My major depression food is Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper, but I "help" it out quite a bit by adding onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, frozen broccoli, etc., and topped with green onions. I made it a lot in my dorm in the military, and it was a happy time for me. A regular paycheck, and lots of AF pussy.

Honestly man, go to the gym and eat right. The weeks I go to the gym and eat right, I'm full of energy and I feel good (considering the fact I'm going through a break up right now). The weeks I don't go to the gym, I feel depressed and more tired. No energy to do anything.

How do you "go through a breakup"? Either you dumped her or she dumped you. What's to get through?

He dumped me. You don't have to be so bitter just because you've never been in a relationship before

Those things work for mild depression. Severe depression requires meds.

I've been through many. And, if it's one thing I've learned is that you can shake a tree and another "big thing" is gonna fall out of it. He allowed you the opportunity to find something better. If you fail to look at it that way, you are doomed.

Consult a registered/licenced nutritionist/dietician (whichever word is used in your country).

Well food doesn't work for severe depression either now does it? lol

>lol

Yeah I know. I'm trying. It's been a while but lately I've been thinking about him more and more.I thought I was forgetting about him and I thought I didn't give a shit anymore but in the recent week I've been thinking about him alot

The best thing for depression is a sense of achievement, make something new and difficult and feel proud. Enjoy it.

Cigarettes and multivitamins are most of what I'd call my meals, I guess. A bottle of hard liquor every few days. Eating just usually sounds so shit, drinking my calories is easy even if it isn't liquor. Try nutrisure or something.

ITT: WAHHHH I'M GOING THROUGH A BREAKUP IM SO DEPRESSED WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh wait it's a woman, what a surprise

I'm not OP you fucking retard lol
I'm

If it was real, you will never forget him completely. Which is NOT the same thing as pining for him constantly. You weren't his "it" girl. Big deal. I wasn't the "it" boy for a lot of girls I really liked. Wasting time thinking about the coulda, shoulda's is a waste of your fucking time. No matter how old you are, you are one day closer to the grave today. Why waste tomorrow on someone who doesn't want or need you the way you deserve to be wanted or needed? It's a lesson in life. Learn it, and move the fuck on...

do you have a link to the recipe?

Then why are you posting on a cooking board?

I was his "it" girl. He keeps telling me he wants to be with me in the future but not now. And I'm not waiting for that. Like I said I'm trying. It's just hard. I mostly think about him when I'm in my bed alone at night when I have no distractions. Whatever I know I'll get through this. I've done a lot of positive things since we broke up.

I don't have difficulties finding dick/pussy lmao

Attention whores go to /soc/. Why to ruin a decent thread with your blog

One of many boards I have open simultaneously. I guess I can't really offer you a better explanation than that, but I'm not spamming mcdonalds threads so I figure the board's definitely got worse problems than somebody here just for the occasional beer/alcohol recommendation.

Like my dick

Fair enough...

What to do recommend for a weekend's worth of crying and loneliness.

Ew faggot

Eat some dumbo. cry in the broth and drink your tears

Even worse I left it in the fridge and my mom ate it then she says
"it was good... It was..
>different"

>For the first time feel like you need to apologize for how much you've fucked up in life

Spiced rum tastes good enough to drink straight pretty easy, is usually 20-30 for a handle, is usually >40% alc, and so is usually what I buy. The kraken and sailor jerry are my favorites.

ice cream and frozen white castle burgers

That's not a depression, fucktard.
Do you go around telling people you were in a coma because you sleep at night too?

I interned in a psych ward that treated severe depression. Hated every minute of it.
They fed them pills and cognitive therapy of course, some had ECT which was amazingly effective. And they told the patients to eat bananas. I guess there's something in them that's used in the production of serotonin or something, I forget exactly how it worked and I don't know how effective it was anyway.
But yeah, actual psychiatrists told the patients to have a banana or two throughout the day along with the treatment.
And exercise definitely helped too, yeah.

>considering the fact that I'm going through a breakup
Take it from me that I was born with a tiny dick and went completely impotent before I hit 16 that if you don't enjoy and share your life with someone you are a stupid piece of shit, don't get stuck because of a break up. Nothing changed about you you are still as able to get someone

Spiced rum was great when I first tried it but I quickly realized I couldn't drink a ton of it and went back to whisky.

...this is what i eat...

Ice fucking cream. You Cannot be sad with a gigantic ass sundae in your face.

A delicious garden fresh salad from McDonalds

Try something new. Tackle a new recipe. Go ahead and try something just out there and something you can call your own.

When I was in a bit of a bad spot in life, I took to it to try and do exactly that. I ended up making spaghetti with garlic-bread/meatball sliders on the side. It wasn't much, but it made me feel just a little bit better - that I have some potential.

Of course, comfort foods are also a good way to go. Cornish pasties ftfw.

You'll make it through this, user.

>Try something new. Tackle a new recipe. Go ahead and try something just out there and something you can call your own.

Not the OP, but how do you manage this when you barely have the motivation to get out of your bed/chair?

Just stop being sad.

How do I do that, sempai?

Yo not op but I have similar problems how did you deal?

Just be yourself.

Goddamnit you bring up a good point.

Sorry OP i failed agian

This pretty much. However, the type of Omega3 which affects the brain is not available from plants. Best sources are grass-fed beef and fatty fish. Furthermore, try to get most of your carbs indirectly from fruit and vegetables, and remove all soft drinks.

Omega 3 fatty acids have been proven to not do shit for depression, as well as heart disease. Please tell me the magical difference between ones from food sources and ones extracted in the lab. Same molecule, same shape, same atoms, same physiological affect. Please kill yourself you uneducated fuck, this is why nutrition is the joke of the scientific community.

Chili con carne. The chilis will release endorfins. Also, coffee and chocolate are helpful stimulants. Go to the gym and treat yourself to a delicious protein-rich treat of your choosing afterwards.

I wonder what the next step in contrarian hipster nutrition science will be. We've gone from saturated fat, cholesterol and salt being good for you to starch and omega-3 being bad, also fiber being an antinutrient, so the next logical step would be that sugar is good for you and should be maxed out while protein should be as low as possible and vitamins are overrated and unnecessary. You heard it here first.

Why should there be any difference between synthetic and naturally occurring ? I didn`t say that. I was talking about DHA which is occurring in animals vs ALA which is from plant sources. As for the effects, there are a lot of contradictory studies, too early to say for sure.

>proven to not do shit

therapy and antidepressants.

a steaming pile of lead

biscuits and water

or fajita wraps on their own with some dipping sauce, and water.

literally don't eat, drink water, watch movies or play games for the day to go quicker.

food just makes you feel shitter. don't believe the fat fucks who say you die if you starve yourself, I've gone for weeks just eating tiny amounts of bread and lots of water.

you feel way better

lmao why would you choose to be sad omg ur so dum

whiskey

bananas

homemade baked mac & cheese

supposedly anything from the tasty facebook page.

this ofc desu

projecting much?

there's no such thing as depression you mopey fat cunt.

yeah it's just a made up sickness by the Jews so they can feed you with mind control substances

Eat vegan only and you will no longer be depressed

so my complete absence of emotions following minor but multiple emotional traumas which i am currently still recovering from is nonexistent?

fuck, i wish you had told me this some years go before i got pumped full of uppers and benzos

>I've never experience depression so it's not real!

Barely is enough. Just keep using the small amount you have and trust that it will grow-- or don't trust that it will grow, but keep using the small amount you have and it will grow whether you believe it now or not.

Being able to say "my life is shit but at least I did x today" or even "my life a shit but at least I got out of bed and tried thing" is better than saying "my life a shit and I didn't even try"

But, I mean, some people actually get some kind of satisfaction from feeling like their life is so shitty and they do nothing, which is a hard thing to own up to but some people are like that.

> minor but multiple emotional traumas
so like... the shit that everyone goes through?

My friend adopted a diet of 147 gr Ranger SXT 9mm handgun bullets. It seemed to resolve his mental issues.

chili and sea bass is my go to

burgers, fries and coke.

ignore the retards beta males from reddit in here.

forgot pic.
the greasier the better.

Ima help you out little doggie. This is the food. It's not a food so much as a diet or way of thinking about carbs. But I've been on it a short while and it kicks the shit out of anything I've ever tried. I feel undepressed as fuck.

Good read too, badass science.

bro i got u

What kind of depressed? Where you're dead inside so you eat junk food to feel good for a brief moment, or where you don't eat at all because all food tastes dull and unappetizing?

OP, while it is doubtful that food will fix all of your problems, it can help you out in the long run, so I urge you to start eating nutritious foods focused towards a healthy brain and body. In addition, try to find one small thing you can do each day that would improve your life. That could be cleaning up a room, finding something new to study/learn, or exploring a new place.

I was depressed for several years and manic depression/bipolar runs in my family so I've taken steps to make sure I'm doing what I can. Here are foods I eat regularly:

>2 cups of herbal tea a day, 1 tbsp raw honey per cup. Chamomile, lavender, and passionflower for mood/anxiety. Made infusion-style from high quality flowers (steep and cover for 10 min)
>Magnsium taurate (400 mg/night)
>Vitamin D (at least 5000 IU/day) *THIS ONE IS SUPER FUCKING IMPORTANT*
>Lots of leafy green veggies (steamed/stir fried as a side-dish to most of my meals)
>Kefir and yogurt, the fancy local farm kind and none of that fat free shit
>cookies or junk food once in a while too because treating yourself to something delicious feels good.

I was on zoloft for about a year. Weaned myself off for a month and started eating better and looking for ways to improve my life - I moved out of a shitty apartment, found a new hobby and learned about a cool hiking trail right by where I live. I haven't had a bout of crippling depression nor thought about killing myself since. It's been almost 2 years.

black twizzlers
store water (being honest) like fiji
marshmellows
blueberry redbull
vanilla protein drink(tastes good if u like being sad)

oh healthy wise hmm
fish oil supposed to relax you from anxiety and omega 3s
uhh the rest is just placebo desu foods can only influence your brainchemicals if you change the way you look at it like eating a fruit for example youll feel like youre becoming healthier
and dont waste your moeny on st johns wort it doesnt work

truth is you will always think about your ex(s) every day of your life (if you loved them at a point) but if you want to get rid of the physicological stress take pain meds

>uhh the rest is just placebo desu foods can only influence your brainchemicals if you change the way you look at it like eating a fruit for example

Have you ever bothered to read a single study on pubmed about any medicinal plants ever? There are 1,000's of studies on the effects of rosehip, valerian, lemonbalm, lavender, horsetail, sage, licorice root and just about every well-known medicinal plant out there.

please refer to chinese medicine avoid sugar and animal products for 24 days before you consider results
gl gl user

some stupid nigger is going to say healthy nutrient rich foods and he's right
but fuck him anyway

im feeling it user
dont be so depressed!

>make foreign dish
>it turns out amazing
>mom tries it
>scrapes 3/4 of her plate into the disposal after she thinks you left the room
>if you ever dare to ask if she likes it she looks down at the floor and says with fake enthusiasm how good it was

>Vitamin D (at least 5000 IU/day)

jesus, where do you even find these?

It's not so easy to get laid if you're male, stupid cunt.

Listen, I have really bad anxiety and social paranoia and I found that eating healthy and excercising is absolutely incredible. If you have a dog take it out for a walk 2 times a day with a few hours between walks. A month ago I was considering killing myself but after realizing that being fat and depressed wasn't gonna help me lose my virginity I started eating healthy and working out. I've lost 10lb in the past month and a half and I feel much better. Paranoia's still there in full swing but otherwise I'm doing good. I have no doubt that you can feel good doing the same thing.

>see "relationship"
>think "get laid"

We might be narrowing in on your problem.