Your "secret" ingredients

Hey Veeky Forums I am curious about what your secret ingredients are in your favorite recipes, or if there is some recipe that you make and add just a bit of something that makes it much better.

I put just a pinch of smoked paprika in scrambled eggs and one of white pepper in mashed potatoes. I also steam my vegetables in stock.

i put garam masala in a lot of stuff

love that shit

My secret ingredient is adding more salt, butter, oil or sugar.

this

>a pinch of smoked paprika in scrambled eggs
Isnt there a technique were fried eggs are used with multiple seasonings to learn the differences?

mustard. put it in anything savory, use it as a meat rub for roasts. the flavor cooks out but leaves a depth of yumminess you can't miss

MSG. Tastes great. I also don't cut out any salt when I'm using it.

I add a small amount of cinnamon to fudge and other chocolate desserts whenever I make them.

Butter. Butter in everything.

I add a heaping spoonful of peanut butter to my curries. It adds another dimension to the flavor.

I put a little oregano in homemade beef stew. Also sprinkle it over chicken I'm preparing to grill.

Merken

Corriander >:3

>haters gon hate

I like to warm shallot, garlic and bay leaf into the milk for mashed potatoes, but I think that's pretty common.

Stir frying veg, boiling a little soy sauce dry on high heat makes for a hint of that singed flavour that's hard to get otherwise without a ridiculous wok burner.

Soy sauce in tomato sauces.

Red wine vinegar on meat for roasting.

Sounds really good, I'm stealing that.

maple syrup and i'm not even canadian
drop it in stews, sauces, on toast, on fruit, on its own

Butter, MSG, salt, or any combination of the three. Depending on the recipe.

I am damn near embarrassed to admit this but since we're anonymous, I will tell you - I am a competitive bbq/grill contestant. My secret ingredient is a mix of Vermont syrup and Texas honey.

This. And also, in dessert recipes I use milk instead of water if I can, and then with meal recipes I'll use broth instead of water where I can. Oh and mayonnaise in mashed potatoes as well as in scrambled eggs.

My secret ingredient is salt.

Try it. Put it on almost anything and it will taste better.

The secret ingredient to anything is more sugar, salt, or fat. Brass tacks. People want the things that will eventually kill them.

i find semen adds a great zing to a lot of dishes

p-post her feet

Hush. Who the fuck wants to hear the truth? Fuck off.

desu the fried egg technique is a lazy version of an ACTUAL method that uses scrambled egg rolled, sliced, and each slice seasoned.

I add nutmeg to a lot of things now.

>accidentally put orange juice in shrimp pasta
>tastes like shit, douse it in nutmeg
>actually somewhat edible

Truffle salt is based
I put that shit in everything

i add cayenne and garlic to a lot of stuff

Cocoa powder in chili

MSG
Marmite
Miso
Fats, sugar, salt

sprig of fresh rosemary, thyme and a bay leaf in the water for steaming perderdohs - do the same for perderdooohz for mashing. Also, smoked paprika in tomato sauce for pasta,

It's SEMEN.

garlic

Cumin. Little bit does a lot

I want to cumin your mum.

This shit or herbes de provence

you can tell she has those nice ass cone titties. Makes me excited. But salt and butter is my answer to the question. Also, tomatoes if it fits for the dish.

She's a lesbo have at her

mmmmmm, I love me some dolphin oil

My cum.

Oops I meant

ITT: Shitty cooks that only know how to douse shit in fat and salt.

you are the most original poster i've ever seen in my life
no wait i'm being sarcasm

[spoiler]is he right?[/spoiler]

Knorr Stockpots.

Just about to post this. Didn't expect to find someone else using it on here. I put it in more or less everything and everybody is surprised when I tell them there's anchovy oil in what they just ate.

yes

Is that dolphin extract?

Use baking soda + lime juice in pancakes. Insanely fluffy.

>Your "secret" ingredients

I use some ground black pepper and Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning in my tomato soup.

“Bam!”, as you kids like to say.

smoked paprika on everything

>“Bam!”, as you kids like to say.

Nigga, what are you? Some crusty 90 year old who thinks hes talking to 60 year olds?

>buttermilk or sour cream in cake recipes
>a splash of pickle brine when making deviled eggs
>allspice berries in beef stew
>a splash of pic related in pretty much every gravy except turkey gravy

a dash of nutmeg in egg dishes

Ginger ale, for my bbq sauce. Fresh squeezed lime, and zest for my tuna salad. And fresh garlic paste for many of my ground beef recipes.

I'm a cook at a small burger joint, and I put a little bit of mushroom powder on each burger, and they get rave reviews. Definitely recommend.

yep

smoked salt, I use it in stews, ragu's, goulash etc etc. Gives a nice smokey roundness.

This desu

is this just milled shitake? it seems based

I secretly put chicken stock in a lot of the things I cook for my vegetarian friends. I've been doing it for over three years.

if I told you, it would't be a secret :^)

Do you buy it or make your own?

Rub the food items on your vagina a few times before cooking. It will keep your man from going astray. Try it.

A add little dash of passion and a spoonful of love.

Protip: call it Ve-Tsin and people will think it's a super secret oriental spice instead of a creepy chemical

Liquor.

Lots and lots of liquor.

Came here to post this, nothing adds more flavor than a little pinch of my freshly made semen.

A wee bit of vinegar.

I live in Indiana, so using fresh ground pepper is truly a secret ingredient.

Can't stand the lavender.

Can totally behind anchovy oil tho.

Anchovies would be my secret. Soups, sauces, toppings.

I buy prepacked spicemixes/sauces.
The secret is that I cook well.

in marinades, sauces, dips

Nearly any soup is better with a touch of cayenne.

I put a couple cloves and a bay leaf (and salt obviously) into the water I use to boil stuffed pastas like tortellini or ravioli.

I'm currently experimenting with adding very thin pasta (vermicelli) and brown it with some butter in a pot before adding rice and water.
Hoping to recreate a dish I ate in Turkey.

Worcestershire sauce... yep

nutmeg and a stock cube in pasta sauce

Worcester sauce or balsamic vinegar, especially in meat dishes. Really brings out the flavour!

Checked

adding cinnamon powder to anything with tomato and strong roasted meat like sauce bolognesa

Worcester, Fish sauce,anchovies in meaty dishes, specially braised or poached, it brings the flavour. Also gelatin. Lemon zest or juice, Paprika,nutmeg, depending of what it squares it.

gelatin? wow thats interesting!

I tend to add it to the stock when I don't throw pig feets, gelatin does amazing things for palatability imho.

great secret! thanks man

I use cocaine instead of sugar. Its amazing!

THIS

the only good answer tbqhwu senpai desu 2016