Olive oil everywhere

I've been watching cooking shows lately, trying to learn to cook and get ideas, and almost every dish they make they do that zigzag olive oil thing across the top. It's always in one of those bottles with the spouts on the top and seems like it's a meme now.

Is there a reason for this??

They may try to convince you its olive oil but its actually guy fieri's flip flops rung out into a glass bottle.

t. flavortown resident

It adds flavour? In any case, better a decent olive oil than that "balsamico" sugar syrup. Horrible.

Balsamic vinegar is good in a lot of dishes.

Balsamico Cremoso is usually a devilish industrially-made concoction entirely unlike balsamico vinegar. It is pungently acidic and cloyingly sweet and zigzagging it is a sign of a clueless cook.

Not far off from the truth. At least for Italian "olive" oil.

I don't know what you're doing with it, but I simply put it on tomato and mozzarella instead of Balsamico vinegar. Works for me.
Usually I alternate between those two.

Why I buy the California stuff.

>just a tea spoon of olive oil
>proceeds to cover the entire fucking pan with oil

They do it to look cool which is kinda important in television.

I still cook with butter. Recipes almost never start with butter anymore, it's always olive oil now. Has everybody fallen for the "butter makes you fat" meme?

Those people are dead already.

>When Ramsay says "Pinch of olive oil" and then pours an entire bottle into the pan
>Says "Knob of butter" and then throws in four sticks of butter
>"Bit of salt" is an entire six lb. rock of salt

But it's after the entire plate is done. They pour it on sort of like a garnish.

>It's always in one of those bottles with the spouts on the top and seems like it's a meme now.
>and seems like a meme now
>seems like a meme
>meme

You're a fucking retard for even posting this stupid ass shit on this board and you definitely deserve a ban

Saged and reported btw, I encourage everyone to report this thread as well

>not using both

get on my lvl plebs

Friendly reminder that announcing reports is a violation of global rule 7.

:)

>HURR DURR IM DUMB AS FUCK!!!

Oh it shows user, it shows

you are? :^) thanks for letting me know dumb user

still a pleb for not using both

Eat shit faggot :^)

You obviously don't know shit about how things work around here, newbitch

Who were you quoting? :^)

I dunno brah XD