Picky bf

how do i cook for a picky bf?

a few of the things he doesn't like:
garlic, onions, ginger, tomatoes, fish, asparagus, cheese, sweet and spicy things in general. pepper is already spicy in his books...
he also only really eats pork. beef and chicken if need be. no lamb, horse, or anything like it.

do i cave to all those picky eating? do i have to stick to cook without those ingredients alltogether?
i feel like it limits my options a great deal. especially since some of those things are staples in my cookin.
can i expect him to eat something he doesn't LOVE from time to time or is that unreasonable?

i won't start making two dishes... but i don't want to never be able to eat those things myself. i love them.

pic related. i could not cook that. it uses ginger, garlic and spring onions...

You're fucking a toddler. Hidden, reported, called the police, pederast.

Picky people are honestly so immature and frustrating. I don't know what to tell you, honestly. Either tell him to sack up and stop being such a baby and learn to like real food, or cook two meals every time you guys want to eat together. Or you know, break up with him for being such a little shit baby.

Sorry, I guess. It's jsut that every picky person I've ever known was extremely immature and self-involved, so now I just assume it's how all picky people are.

Get a better boyfriend

I once dated a girl who was so picky she ordered turkey and mayo from subway. Thats it.

If you really love him you'll figure out something that you can agree on. Introduce things little by little, maybe. I dated a girl who couldnt tolerate spicy and introduced her to it with mild stuff like chili oil

If he really wont budge tho move on.

do people like this really exist

>You're fucking a toddler
positively not

>every picky person I've ever known was extremely immature and self-involved

has been the same for me. but i think his problem is that his momma just always cooked the same shit for him. comfort food style. always "steak and mashed potatoes with gravy"-ness. he's not even immature or self-involved otherwise.

problem is, we'll move in together soon and we'll eat together every day then. i need to find a solution that isn't "cook different meals for each one". i don't want to start that shit...

he's pretty perfect otherwise. i'm sure i have my flaws too.

i'll ask him if i can try that no him. i don't want to "sneak" stuff into his meals to see if he notices and then go "ha! see! you like garlic!"

yup

tell him he eats what you cook or he cooks himself then

why is everyone so fucking soft

he works more than me and i love to cook, whilst he can barely boil pasta. also, i'd really like to cook for him... if only it wasn't so tricky!

What kind of fuck doesn't like garlic and onions?

>What kind of fuck
who there...
they have a strong taste. i guess that's it

you're dating a man child

i'm aware
good thing this is the only area he's like that

Those are like the two most basic ingredients for flavor. What kind of retarded thread is this? Your boyfriend obviously doesn't like any taste in his food so just boil or grill whatever fucking meat he likes. Your job is simple as fuck. Don't be creative.

>Your job is simple as fuck. Don't be creative.
but i dont want to eat bland food for the rest of my life or cook separated... i love food. i love to experiment. i love to learn and eat new shit. how do i find a solution.

Make sure your husband comes home one day to find you in bed with a black stud, serving him the tastiest dishes you can cook.

That will teach your manchild "husband".

Dump him, i'll be your new boyfriend, I'll even suck your dick

just need to beg him to try new things, otherwise cooking for oyu is going to be extremely frustrating. if he isn't a man child he'll understand and agree to try. I mean whats the worst that could fucking happen? He doesn't like it. thats literally the worst outcome. him just saying 'meh, dont really like it.'

a prime question is are you a male or female

>no lamb, horse, or anything like it.
>horse

are you from ireland

thanks. that was really helpfull advice. i'll do it that way!

how is that an important question

Slowly introduce new things to him. Season his steak and mashed potatoes with a new spice occasionally and see if he likes it. Baby steps for baby palates.

why does that matter? i'm female

i'm from europe, yes. eating meat like horse, lamb, rabbit, ostrich and such is pretty common. atleast it was when i grew up.

cuck

unless you mean """"girl"""", you have to leave. Your kind are not welcome here

This
Most of the time people are picky about food because everyone tends to their needs, like you are doing now

When I was little I didn't want to eat chicken for some reason, or no meat at all, I don't remember
Slowly but surely my dad tricked me by telling me that "this is the best part of the chicken!" (It was a regular bit). But I ate it because it was the best part only for me lol

So slowly introduce him to stuff without telling him what's in there. He might eventually realize what a pampered bitch he is

Yeah there's no reason he won't agree to at least try, as long as he understands how annoying it's going to be for you to cook separate meals. And you're right, you really don't want to be doing that. I'm a paid caretaker for a couple family members and I have to do it sometimes. reaaaally irritating when they just spring it on me last second that they don't want what I planned.

lol. jesus. speaking of man-children.

>tends to their needs, like you are doing now
i'd definitely tell him to suck it up and eat what's on the table if he was my son, kek

but he's a grown ass man and can decide what he wats to eat and what not. not going to force food on him. but i think he would atleast be open to give some things a try for me.

I only come to Veeky Forums for the jack memes, but do you really let betas like feely cuck up your board?

>grown ass man
If he's older than 25 then he's got some issues baby
If he's younger than that I wouldn't call him a man, especially with this attitude

Somehow everyone in his life pampered him, you're doing it too (most likely why you're together), but it's not all that normal not to like just about any vegetable used in regular cooking and only eat beef. What, does he only eat steak?

Shit like this sometimes make me hate my own gender Jesus Christ. Post this on /r9k/ lol

Oh fuck. As someone who really has no dog in this fight, this is honestly some of the most cringey thing I've read on here.

Are there really people THIS insecure and childlike in the world? To the point where they cannot fathom having a discussion with someone who might have different ideals this theirs?

Explain yourself, user. You must be 12 years old, or have the capacity of one or something.

Normies have their own website www.reddit.com

use it

>garlic, onions, ginger, tomatoes, fish, asparagus, cheese, sweet and spicy things in general

Being a little bit picky isn't so bad, but holy hell, that's a lot of really basic stuff. I don't think I could cook with this many restrictions. Cook your own food and get him microwave pre-cooked food I guess

>What, does he only eat steak?
basically

it's not as bad as this thread makes it out to be though...

Lmao. That's exactly what I did with my gf who didn't like garlic

I don't want to, can't get used to the layout. I've been here since 07 so I'm here to stay.

Talk it out, bud. Maybe all you need is a friend and you wouldn't be so angry and bitter.

>microwave pre-cooked food
not over my death body...

he's used to home cooked meals. just, it was from mom. and mom has pampered him all his life...

Oops tagged wrong post.

Meant this one

>my death body

'Za is a fantastic way to introduce people to things they don't want to like/try.
I tried olives once and was disgusted by them, and never tried them again until they were on a """Mediterranean""" 'za, and they actually tasted bretty gud. Use lamb mince for tacos or something to indoctrinate him into eating lamb.
If you're that desperate to avoid talking to normies, go to wizardchan.

adults who are picky eaters make my fucking blood boil

>dead body

Alright user...

Mine too. Somehow he managed to hide that fact pretty well till i was too deep in to actually care that much

That is kinda sweet user
But I don't think we're making it sound worse than it is. It sounds a bit more like you're playing it down because you're very much attached to him, which is to be expected

Still, somehow you should start slowly getting him to eat like a normal want-to-eventually-pass-as-an-adult

Only child or youngest?

this.
and, I also have a pretty picky bf, let me tell you that if you put some of the ingredients in food they "don't like" without telling them, they usually won't notice. for example, if you're making a beef sauce for pasta, I bet your fucking ass he won't taste the sauteed onions or one clove of garlic. Just make sure you cut it finely enough so he doesn't see. (wo)manchildren are like real children, super fucking whiney, but you can trick them easily.

youngest child, one brother

well, that's really not my style. if anything, i'll ask him to give those things a second chance.

>you're playing it down
i think the fact that i made a thread about it was "playing it up". but i figured it's better than ask my friends, i don't want to make this a big deal irl

Where do you get horse? I'm in the States and non-antibioticed out-the-ass horse meat is literally impossible to find.

Any one got any suggestions?

Ingredients
SERVINGS: 4
ΒΌ pear, grated
1 garlic clove, grated
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon gochugaru (coarse Korean hot pepper flakes), or 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon grated peeled ginger
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 pound boneless pork loin, trimmed hanger steak, boneless short rib, or skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
Kosher salt
Sliced scallions (for serving)
Preparation
ACTIVE: 20 MIN TOTAL: 50 MIN
Combine pear, garlic, soy sauce, gochugaru, ginger, sugar, and sesame oil in a large resealable plastic bag or medium bowl. Using a sharp knife, slice meat into very thin strips. Add to marinade, seal bag, and squish everything around until the meat is coated. Let sit at room temperature 30 minutes, or chill up to 8 hours.
Heat 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high until oil is shimmering. Remove half of meat from marinade, letting excess drip back into bag; season lightly with salt and cook in a single layer without moving until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Toss meat and continue to cook, tossing occasionally, until cooked through and crisp at edges, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil, remaining meat, and more salt.
Serve topped with scallions.

>>how do I cook for a picky bf
do you want to marry this guy? spend your life with him? tell him it's not getting serious unless he eats adventerously and learns to like it. This isn't an ultimatum if you seriously feel like shit when he doesn't like any cooking you get creative with. It's like marrying a classical musician when you refuse to listen to anything but street metal.

If you love to cook and serve people, you should get with someone who can reciprocate for that passion. otherwise enjoy your bacon butty sandwiches for the rest of your, likely short, life.

t, a lesbian who things you are a faggot.

why would you date a child

>garlic, onions, ginger, tomatoes
>not liking these things
Stab him in the night.

find new bf. if pepper is spicy to a person, they are a pussy.

real talk. not trollin or just being flippant. eating like a little fucking girl is a sign of major deeper issues.

You don't have a picky boyfriend. You have a girlfriend.

>how do i cook for a picky bf

1. don't use those ingredients
2. hide them and make them subtle, gradually increasing the amounts you use, when he finally notices tell him he's been eating it for days without complaint.
3. tell him to stop being a bitch and eat what you cook him

am I missing anything here /b/ros?

>garlic, onions, tomatoes, cheese

Well there go 99% of the best dishes

Find a boyfriend who appreciates that you cook for him instead of acting like a child who won't eat?

You will be cooking for him, if the prick refuses to eat what you cooked he can fend for himself.

I think /b/ros only works on /b/

Voting heavily for 3, 2 for his absolute least favorites
Onions and cheese op? You say he was eating comfort food but it sounds like he's just eating bachelor chow, seriously. Picky eating as bad as that is a red flag for more serious character flaws. I dislike some of those things but if he can't man up and eat objectively good food with those in it, then he's just a little bitch.

and he doesn't respect you, your effort, or your cooking if he just outright refuses to eat what you make. In a good relationship he'll eat it, and after he can he can ask for adjustments (there were a lot of onions, if you make this again can you put less? It was delicious though) and if he chooses not to eat and outright complains then he's a little bitch. Even worse if he sees the ingredient and doesn't even try it. That's just rude.

>a few of the things he doesn't like:
>cheese

I don't trust anyone who doesn't like cheese.
Watch your back OP, your BF is not a good person.

Dump him. Picky people are usually stupid, and stupid people are subumans, just like poor people.

>garlic, onions, ginger, tomatoes, fish, asparagus, cheese, sweet and spicy

what a fucking manchild

>garlic, onions, ginger, tomatoes, fish, asparagus, cheese, sweet and spicy things in general. pepper is already spicy in his books...

this list is ridic bruh. tf is wrong with this dude

tell your """"boyfriends"""" to stop being a nigger and eat

Usually booze and peer pressure solves this sort of shit once kids leave the home. If you go out with friends to dinner often you stop wanting to be the odd one out, drunks don't tend to be picky either.

So invite his friends and cook Bulgogi and he can get mash, beef and gravy if he wants ... they'll abuse him for it.

Fuck it, just don't cook for him. Let him figure it out.

Break up with him for being a fucking retard. Then come fuck me instead, I know how to eat and got that long dick hehe ;)

If you insist on catering to him, then do this: Make some homemade meals that you know he will eat and enjoy in bulk. Have him help you so he learns how to cook. Then freeze them. Not too many, but enough. Then have a list of middle-ground food. Stuff that's just barely outside his comfort zone that you enjoy, and sit down for a meal and try to eat it. If he absolutely can't, then he can go heat a frozen bulk dinner you prepped before and you can eat his leftovers for lunch. Keep doing this trying different things he might like. Keep going until you expand his palate. Every so often try something really outside his comfort zone, but yeah, have a back up meal in the freezer. He has to be willing to work on this though, realize not every meal he eats is going to "hit the spot" and be perfect, but that he needs to learn how to be out in public and be an adult. And come back to foods. One thing I learned with enjoying new foods myself is that the first taste isn't the only taste. Come back to it again and again, and things change.

You don't have to say "ooh I put garlic in the sauce! See you like garlic!!" if he likes it. Just don't mention it. Be honest if he asks you for a recipe or whatever, but there is no reason you can't include things in subtle ways in dishes that he doesn't like. Often people don't like things when they are overpowering, or don't like the idea of them, but enjoy them when they are subtle enough to just provide part of the background flavor of the meal.

I mean honestly, if he isn't interested in cooking, he probably isn't that interested in hearing all the ingredients and details of the food you prepare anyway- that is super boring for many people and they would rather just eat tasty food without hearing "oh yes I made this and this and would you know I am getting so good at making marinades since I started using blah blah blah flavor profile blah blah "

>>girlfriends eat nothing but tendies and no vegetables
>>implying I'm a basic eater
hey there buddy chum pal friend buddy pal chum bud friend fella bruther amigo pal buddy friend chummy chum chum pal I dont mean to be rude my friend pal home slice bread slice dawg but i gotta warn ya if u take one more diddly darn step right there I'm gonna have to diddly darn snap ur neck, because friend buddy chum friend chum pally pal chum friend if you keep this up then well gosh diddly darn i just might have to get not so friendly with you my friendly friend friend pal friend buddy chum pally friend chum

Fuck you, I'm gonna tell people how I made the food whether they like it or not. The people must know how hard I tried and how I feel, I spent time doing shit and dammit, they're gonna know

if you are op I strongly suggest you listen to then.

Not op but it's true

Ditch that zero and get with the hero babe! I'll eat anything you fix, no complaints! (Unless we are out of seconds!)

Hate to break it to you, but you don't have a boyfriend.

No real man is such a fussy eater.

crenge

but me too

feed me senpai

>a few of the things he doesn't like:
garlic, onions, ginger, tomatoes, fish, asparagus, cheese, sweet and spicy things in general. pepper is already spicy in his books..

He needs to man the fuck up and try a few things
I bet he loves pizza but wont eat cheese or tomatoes

Yeah sure, keep telling that to yourself.

Eat the same lame shit that he does and guilt him into trying new things because he's forcing his childish eating habits onto you.

You BF and you should convert to islam and stop being haram.

Break up with him. It's not worth it. Let him grovel by himself outside the borders of flavortown.

I would feed him a thin oat gruel three times a day.

if he's that picky, let him try to cook for himself

Just cook whatever you want to cook. If he doesn't want to eat it because he doesn't like it, then that's his problem not yours. He can starve to death, go eat out or order something on his own or try cooking his own dishes, if it bothers him that much. Don't pander to picky eaters.

You should squirt on the food you make and tell him you made it fresh if he don't like it dump him.

>pepper is already spicy in his books...

I refuse to date any man that can't handle my spicy cooking, let alone pepper. holy shit

While we're at it, picky eater story time. My boyfriend's younger brother is the pickiest I've seen and I'm pretty sure he has some eating disorder or some shit, his parents never got him help and enable his shitty picky eating.

He refuses to touch anything that isn't cheese pizza, cottage cheese, bread, carrots, peanut butter, cheez its, french fries, or chocolate. His parents have given up on getting him to try anything new and let him eat whatever he wants. Oh and even if it's a food that he'll eat, if it looks remotely different than what he's used to or it's in a different form (he won't eat baked potatoes but he eats french fries) he'll refuse to eat it. He refuses to eat cheese pizza from Papa John's and only eats cheese pizza from Dominoes.

Keep sandwich makings in the house. But try to get him to at least try whatever you made before he defaults to sandwich.

If he does not want to eat what you cook, he can make himself a PB&J or a lunchmeat sandwich like the freaking child he is.

That, coupled with the "one bite" rule, might break him out of it in a few years.

I hate to be telling you to treat an adult the way my family treats children, but that is really what you are dealing with here. His mother delayed this step in development for so long it has become your problem now.

feed that picky fucker a nuckle sandwich

>another asian girl forcing their eating habits on white men

pls if you want to put steak and onions on a plate and call it food that is fine but dont expect your grown ass white boyfriend to be satisfied