Link FUD

Can a linkie tell me what you think of these posts? I want to go all in but this piece of FUD is still getting to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/jordanbonilla?tab=stars
youtube.com/watch?v=1r44z0vd7
youtube.com/watch?v=1r44z0vd7n
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_Guard_Extensions
twitter.com/AnonBabble

LINK is Veeky Forums crack, plain and simple.

>Plausible but overly technical use case that makes people investing in it feel smart
>Plausible relationships between coin creators and an existing industry that make people investing in it feel smart
>Plausible "industry insider" LARPers who come to Veeky Forums to divulge SECRETZ, which convinces the aforementioned wannabe-smartypantses that they're part of something revolutionary that has flown under the radar so far

Truth is, the decentralized oracle problem doesn't have a market yet, and won't for many years.

We're at a phase where smart contract adoption will happen regardless of centralized/decentralized oracles, because smart contracts solve several existing business problems. No one gives a fuck whether their oracle is centralized or decentralized yet, and when Linkies realize they're investing in the crypto equivalent of the Sega Dreamcast, LINK will dump faster than anything you've ever seen.

The Wojaks will be delicious.

that is some good FUD, got me a little worried

>Why not Chainlink
Because they just need an oracle, not a decentralized one. No one's going to bat an eye about a contract call to an API run by Weather.com or Google. It is a problem so far ahead of its time that it's actually laughable.

>AssBlaster didn't show up til November haha checkmate atheists
AssBlaster is not the reason Linkies exist. AssBlaster is a dopamine hit for Linkies, because Linkies only bought LINK because it makes them feel smart. LARPers like him continue to feed the Linkie addiction, and will continue to sprout up precisely because they are needed.

>You haven't been here very long
LINK is the new DGB. Expect similar levels of butthurt, delusion, and broken promises in the coming years. They even call themselves marines ffs.

When you have to explain a problem to someone, it isn't a pressing problem. Ripple is irrelevant.

Joe Normie can understand "automatic contracts" instantly. He doesn't know what the fuck an oracle is, why it's needed, or why it should even be decentralized. Linkies cannot explain the problem LINK solves concisely because it ISN'T A PROBLEM right now.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF POSITIVE THOUGHT! ESPECIALLY COLLECTIVE POSITIVE THOUGHT!

THIS SHIT IS GOING TO REACH $1,000 EASILY!
HOLD THAT THOUGHT AND VISUALIZE IT IN YOUR MIND EVERYDAY AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE STARTING NOW AND IT WILL MANIFEST INTO REALITY. DO IT! I'M NOT JOKING!

VISUALIZE AS OFTEN AND AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE!

>decentralized oracle problem doesn't have a market yet

Been in a commercial top 100 mcap blockchain development dev group and this is simply not true. The use cases arise at every step.

tfw sega dreamcast

Looks there were no pink wojaks surrounding Link ever. This is because Link is special. If it fails its because its only a meme you were not supposed to buy if it successful its because it is the Meme!

two devs team is not that hard to fud

this is 4D FUD by OP, let him work

>When you have to explain a problem to someone, it isn't a pressing problem

>"o hey stacy i see you're using the internet, allow me to explain HTML for you to better understand the underlying techno-"

*stacy has walked away 20 seconds ago*

Dreamcast was amazing.

nice skull and bones digits

PLEASE SOMEONE BEAT THIS GUY IN AN ARGUMENT IT IS MAKING ME WANT TO SELL. Where are our smart guys? SOMEONE REFUTE THIS SHIT ASAP BEFORE I CAVE

impressive autism

NO CONTESTANT OH NO
MARKET SELL ALL LINKIES NOW!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>Truth is, the decentralized oracle problem doesn't have a market yet, and won't for many years.

wait a minute, if that's true then why is a current Tesla employee contributing to a Chainlink external adapter via github as recent as 2 weeks ago?

github.com/jordanbonilla?tab=stars

>This repository should serve as an example for making external adapters available for the ChainLink network.

Someone really needs to clear up LINK. Here I go. This one's for the newfags.
1. There is no shadowfork
2. Jason Parser is a meme
3. Sergey is alive and is one of the headline speakers at the upcoming Bitcoin superconference
4. The testnet is scheduled to release this quarter. The lack of the testnet keeps price down for now, not memes or whales
5. Noone knows when mainnet will launch, noone knows how much link will be rewarded for staking in nodes, noone knows how much priority will be given per link in a node
6. Link is used to force fair and automatic execution of agreements. This doesn't happen with current tech because centralization means someone always has control. With link noone can influence these agreements
7. Link currently has one competitor right now. I don't remember their name. They have a larger but less credible team.
8. Link is an erc20 token that is used with smart contracts. Many block chains offer smart contract tech, link will work with most/all of them.
9. The team stated they could move link to its own blockchain independent of ethereum if need be
10. People do unironically go all in and support this coin, most of the fud is to keep newfags out
11. Sergey isn't getting that fat
12. The team does not post on social media but is very active on slack, email, and their websites message box
13. Anyone can join the slack, just ask for an invite on smartcontract.com
14. They have been looking to hire a PR person and more developers for a while. As far as we know they haven't made any hires yet.
15. So far they have met all deadlines, showed up to all scheduled events, and so on.
There you have it, the objective truth about link. Take it as you will.

shit refuted. big partnerships signed

Please explain how the larger competitor team of Stanford phds is less credible than a philosophy major

This is decent-tier fud that at least stimulates some critical thinking, so I'll give it a shot to at least try sharpen my current perspective:

>Truth is, the decentralized oracle problem doesn't have a market yet, and won't for many years.
If you're going to use smart-contracts for data-driven unstoppable financial agreements, you're going to want to make sure as fuck the inputs/outputs are secured, making it as secure as possible end-to-end. A decentralized oracle network will give customers the choice of the level of security they want, and choice of using trusted hardware etc., depending on their contract size. If they rely on a centralized oracle service, they open themselves up to a much more vulnerable attack vector, as opposed to 51% of a decentralized oracle network.

>t. Babby's first attempt at a serious counter-argument here

>implying companies would go through the effort of implementing DECENTRALIZED smart contracts, and then introduce a major weak-point by supplementing them with centralized oracles
>implying adaption rate is the major factor determining token price

low energy fud.

Godtier FUD, that dreamcast line is fucking killer

So closed to holy digits. Much better summary than mine
fucking kek, that's causing more fear in linkies than anything else in that post

youtube.com/watch?v=1r44z0vd7

please sell. we don't need a bunch spergs like you ruining the credibility of the project

>youtube.com/watch?v=1r44z0vd7n

Sell me your LINK.

link under $50 defeats the entire purpose of the coin how many times does this have to be said

1.Tis true without lying, certain & most true.
2.That which is wealth is like that which is link & that which is link is like that which is wealth to do the miracles of one only thing
3.And as all things have been & arose from FUD by the mediation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
4.The Serg is its father, Veeky Forums its mother, the market hath carried it in its belly, the marines be its nurse.
5.The father of all perfection in the whole world is here.
6.Its force or power is entire if it be converted into Oracles.
7.Separate thou the flawless whitepaper from the vaporware, the gems from the shitcoin sweetly with great industry.
8.It ascends from the moon to the heaven & again it descends to the moon & receives the force of things superior & inferior.
9.By this means you shall have the glory of the whole world
10.& thereby all obscurity shall fly from you.
11.Its force is above all force. For it flawlessly interconnects every subtle thing & tokenises every solid thing.
12.So was the world created.
13.From this are & do come admirable adaptations whereof the means (or process) is here in this. Hence I am called FUDmes Dubsmegist, having the stack of link to conquer the whole world
14.That which I have said of the operation of the Serg is accomplished & ended.

So your main argument is that LINK is too forward thinking? Is this supposed to be FUD or secret shilling?

my friend sent me this. Please refute this FUD

"LINK is predicated in part on the idea that a miner does not have root access / physical access."

What did he mean by this? Please explain this to me. t.newfag.

>Sergey isn't getting that fat
You told all truths except this one.

I thought he escaped?

Thanks, just bought 100k

it's a philosophy/business major and a CS major from one of the best schools in the world

Vitalik dropped out of waterloo

logic isnt sound

there are some photos of him being really fucking fat, don't even require much photoshop
it's hard to believe he was *slim*

>>Plausible but overly technical use case that makes people investing in it feel smart
>>Plausible relationships between coin creators and an existing industry that make people investing in it feel smart
>>Plausible "industry insider" LARPers who come to Veeky Forums to divulge SECRETZ, which convinces the aforementioned wannabe-smartypantses that they're part of something revolutionary that has flown under the radar so far
They're 'plausible' because there's truth to them. It's a technical, but necessary and useful product. That's why there are 'plausible' relationships - SWIFT and other partners could make use of this tech or might lose out to competitors if they fall behind.

'Industry insiders' may just be LARPers to be fair

>Plausible "industry insider" LARPers who come to Veeky Forums to divulge SECRETZ, which convinces the aforementioned wannabe-smartypantses that they're part of something revolutionary that has flown under the radar so far

If you fall for that part you really have problems.

you are a MANIAC

yep, search was also a problem without a market at the start.
so was iphone.
so was crypto in the first place.
linkies don't need you to buy for it to succeed.

lmao why do you wait till NOW?

If you honestly don't think LINK will ever EVER fall below its current price, then buy in. If you think it will fall after the conference, then wait. But seriously though, why would you wait until a huge green candle with crazy volume appears before you buy?

Medium tier fud at best.

1st point: irrelevant, plausible news are irrelevant. Chainlink whitepaper have been quoted as one of the best in the industry.

2nd point: Smartcontracts is THE most exciting application of crypto for the financial sector, look at wetrade or fucking morgan stanley. It will replace billions of dollars in expenses and smartcontracts will handle insane amounts of money automatically. They will pull data from multiple sources, not just fucking google APIs or "trusted" APIs. If your going to have hundreds of millions on an automatically executing contract it better be fucking foolproof, because it WILL be attacked on ALL fronts possible.

3rd. Assblaster is fun, but irrelevant.

4th. Digimarines are fucking irrelevant. Hurr durr this shitcoin failed so link must too.

5th. Joe normie is going to fomo inwith everyone else. Right now every major bank in the world is looking at this. why the FUCK does joe normie matter?

Pathetic.

>Plausible but overly technical use case that makes people investing in it feel smart
There is is nothing "overly technical" about it. Ive seen a similar system work well in certain video games. A company who wants to catch people cheating in their game but don't want to hire an entire team will let the community review cases on cheaters and the system will form a conses based on the group average.

There is nothing crazy about this technology. There is a problem and it offers the solution. Plain and simple.

why would LINK go down after the conference?

Hourly reminder

And before you fuckers go and say "muh centralized oracle".

TrustLESS is the whole point of the blockchain. Investor A doesn’t have to trust that Bank B will keep their word, they only have to trust the contract system. Now why would he go and trust a separate oracle firm that can get hacked or bribed? Remember, we’re talking about billion dollar deals that execute automatically.

Intel SGX is a central point of attack. LINK ISN’T DECENTRALIZED.

Critical exploits have already been found in Intel SGX: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_Guard_Extensions

What the FUCK do you think would happen if banks and fortune 500s employed LINK? Spoiler: hackers would undoubtedly exploit the LINK network, intercept and alter data, profit and/or destroy.

They haven’t “solved the oracle problem” they’ve probably just created new problems.

Veeky Forums holds and shills LINK to feel like elite hackers, but you guys are actually fucking retarded. Wasn’t their whitepaper plagiarized too?

Stay poor if you hodl this long term. It’s a piece of garbage with an ERC20 token associated with Ethereum which can’t scale to meet enterprise needs and maybe never will.

Linkies are *actually* retarded. Your bags are Pajeet-tier and going nowhere. No important project will ever use LINK because it’s WAY too easy to program *MORE SECURE* internal oracles / oracle nodes.

Oracles are not difficult to program like blockchains. You’ve all been sold techie buzz words and think you’re smart/hackers/etc.

Unfortunately, you gentlemen are shilled bag holding retards trying to swim in waters you don’t understand.

Sell now because LINK isn’t secure, nor will it be adopted by actually important projects.

Kek

/g/entoo man here.
SGX isn't integral.
But I don't like how Sergey fetisheizes it as t h e solution.
It's just a nice layer of security to run obfuscated blobs.

This means that people can examine the smart contract machine code running on thier nodes.
Typical solution is just just use more nodes so it's less likely one will fuck with you and choose not to execute code containing secrets on the network.

That is my only problem with chainlink.
Everything else is viable and I am fucking ready to use it and node up.