Is anyone else old enough to remember smoking in restaurants?

Is anyone else old enough to remember smoking in restaurants?

I honestly kind of miss being asked "smoking or non-smoking?" and that stale smell of smoke.

>I honestly kind of miss being asked "smoking or non-smoking?" and that stale smell of smoke.
Come to Austria, then.

>aussies inviting people to visit
I thought you had that whole "fuck off we're full" thing.

>Austria
>Australia
>reading

0/10

>wine should be avoided by anyone with common sense
>both starts with "aus"
What's the problem, adolf?

Yes and I'm glad I don't have to waste time being asked to get into the non-smoking section.

Close-quarters smoke ruins my appetite is my I quit going to Waffle Houses.

don't miss it inside restaurants at all, but miss it in bars a lot. being unable to drink, smoke and watch a band sucks big time.

I miss smoking. My wife made me quit.

I do indeed.

Even when I was 10 I knew smoking was disgusting.

I can't believe people willingly suck tar into their lungs, baffling really.

I'm old enough to remember cigarette vending machines at every roadside diner, was a good time to be alive and probably contributed to my 16 year nic binge.

I remember it, and I don't fucking miss the smoker stink filling the world and making everything taste fucking awful.

Yeah, it was cool and I hope all non-smokers get lung cancer.

You'll learn when you grow up and realize life ain't what it was all cracked up to be. Smoking is just like acclimatizing to the world.

I'm probably older than you fuccboi.

Just because life is shit doesn't mean I want to have my jaw fall off when I turn 50 because I wanted to look le epik man xDDDD to some shitheels in highschool.

Sure thing, kid.

U mad bout your black lungs, tarbreath?

I enjoy your shit hobby being demonized by the rest of us intelligent people.

Yeah, it was a significant part of restaurant check-in growing up. That, and the cost-benefit analysis of trying to decide if you were willing to accept smoking section just to be seated faster.

Every now and then, I'm at a restaurant and remember that's not a thing anymore, and realize I didn't notice when it stopped being a thing.

Do I seem mad? Maybe you should read your own posts. You sound like a 3-year-old throwing a tantrum.

Not him, but you earned this kid.

>mfw u were only pretending to be 'tarded

:^)

yeah, and it didn't really matter which side you chose because the non smoking smelled just as strongly of smoke as the smoking side.

>user who never smoked and jumped on the it's awesome to be militant to people who enjoy it

I should find whatever hobby or activity you enjoy that causes cancer or health issues tell you your a shit eating child murder for doing it.

The difference is that my shit hobby doesn't harm other people.

>tard realizes he was the tard along
You ain't fooling shit.

I don't have hobbies that cause cancer or health issues because I don't enjoy cancer or health issues, nor giving them to people around me.

Checkmate.

>guy who chews on big tobacco's little penises calling anyone a tard
>paying money to give yourself cancer

LOL

Yes and I'm glad that time is over. Sometimes I still walk into a restaurant and nearly say "nonsmoking".

>2016
>we know cigs cause lung cancer and hacking nasty phlegm cough and other disgusting shit like accelerated aging
>most people hate the smell, and it doesn't go away quickly at all, ruins your clothes and house and car
>govt making it more expensive and inconvenient to smoke
>ecigs and nic patches to help people quit
>added cig taxes, campaigns everywhere
>people still smoke

WHY

I only see the uneducated bottom scum of society and libarts majors smoking. I guess it's a marker of human garbage. Well cheers, I hope you die faster.

>want nicotine + smoke
>only way is to combust plant materials containing nicotine

wat do?

>I hope you die faster
>implying that's a bad thing

it Pittsburgh we can still smoke in bars, even some that serve food. it's the best thing about this city.

if you're going to waffle houses anything that ruins your appetite is good for you.

>doesn't go away quickly at all
never got this, know a lot of people who smoke and half of them/their house actually smell like tobacco, when I smoked for 4 years I rarely smelled like it and my house also never did, is does the other half just not air out their houses/clean their clothes.
A few hours of airing out the house should remove most of the smell, not that it concerns me anyway, I quit a few months ago

join the vape nayshe

I'm old enough to remember cigarette vending machines in high schools.

Yeah you can still smoke in bars in many states, even restaurants sometimes.

Absolutely false.

You didn't smell it because you lived in it and became used to it, but trust me, your house smelled like shit and you smelled like shit.

I only smoke a few cigarettes a day so I usually don't smell like it

I also wash my clothes every day

This. Just like people with cats say they don't smell like it, but actually reek. It doesn't smell to them because they're used to it. I can sure as hell tell when someone is a smoker. I can smell you across the room, even "light smokers" like that guy. Sorry everyone was too polite to tell you that you STINK.

>aussies
>Austria

>That, and the cost-benefit analysis of trying to decide if you were willing to accept smoking section just to be seated faster.

Haha, real talk.

Something about the way that kangaroo is stenciled makes it look like some marine creature.

Should be the logo for SeaQuest Australia.

there's a big difference between a hunting club in bumfisher township and walking to a bar with decent food in a city.

>>people still smoke
>WHY

Because they're fucking addicted. They self-justify it.
> It relieves stress
> My fingers need to hold something
> I'm used to it
> It's not that bad
Yada yada yada. Deep down, it's really
> I'm an addict and I'm too weak to take control

Secondhand smoke is an urban legend

In Australia, the "A" in "ABV" stands for antifreeze

My parents didn't take me to restaurants because I'd always sit under the table.

I don't know why I laughed.

>tfw I occasionally smoke when I drink because I'm a dumbass

I was seeing a hot girl and every time we drank, she would smoke so I would smoke with her. It's good I stopped seeing her because I would probably be smoking today.

Don't smoke - it's dumb as hell.

outside observer here, you don't sound old at all.

Your posting style is like a 24 year old.

Turned out I was high functioning autistic, such is life.

Even if I was 24 (I wish), I'd still be older than that guy.

>implying you can't say fuccboi when you're old

Maybe you should stop acting like a child then?

Were you only pretending to be mad, kid?

:^)

>24
That's being pretty generous user. The way he talks coupled with the extreme militant, anti-tobacco stance makes it seem more like 16-18.

I remember sitting at the smoking table at A&W with my grandpa.
I remember some tables had the no smoking sign on them

Now, you can't even smoke within five metres of a fucking door.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

fuck no, even tho i smoke.. i don't miss it one bit.

Smoker here, and I can understand why indoor smoking has been banned and I’m cool with that but there’s nothing better they lighting up a stick after a nice meal.

I recall going to Luby's a few times when I was rather young and my parents always having to ask to sit in the nonsmoking section.

I also remember the stuffed jalenpos that place had. So good.

fair enough it's banned indoors, but going to a smoke-free 50,000 seat open air stadium, there's no point. If they also banned fat people, smelly people, screaming children, and everything else that can be considered offensive to the senses, then I'll understand.

back before smokers had their own section, blacks had theirs

now you tell me: which is more dangerous for society on a whole?

It's probably the best for her son though

The idea behind the sections was to avoid being next to a smoker and direct second hand smoke.
It didn't do shit about the smell of cold tobaco (or ash tray smell) that everybody agree stinks (unless it's hidden in smoke).

They should have allowed more strict zones, like they do in some bars/airports. It's not that hard to put a door and a fanned vent.

I remember being asked to delay my smoke in the fucking smoking section by people with smokes on their table, because they were still eating.

I love terraces in summer more now that smoking inside is banned.
In bars, it botheed me at first, but it gives a good reason to walk out of the bar without your friends and talk to new people, possibly a gurl.

I've never been a smoker but back then when everyone smoked everywhere I didn't even mind it. Now every time I'm near someone's smoking I can't stand it.

>but it gives a good reason to walk out of the bar without your friends and talk to new people, possibly a gurl.

One of my favorite things is sharing a cigarette with a girl I'm seeing or just met.