Is drinking coffee on an empty stomach truly bad for you or is this just a meme...

Is drinking coffee on an empty stomach truly bad for you or is this just a meme? Usually when I get up in the morning I'm not hungry for hours but a cup of coffee is very soothing.

Other urls found in this thread:

ctvnews.ca/health/coffee-consumption-linked-to-lower-risk-of-colorectal-cancer-1.2841834
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Meme

Just take an antacid tablet after your coffee.

>drinking coffee

Enjoy your cancer, faggot

>2016
>not butt chugging your morning coffee

i don't like it
I always have half a litre of water that I drink before my morning cuppa

In my experience it makes hunger worse.

It can irritate your stomach if you're prone to that kind of thing.

there is plenty of research supporting the many health benefits coffee has, aside from the caffeine addiction. coffee is also a known appetite suppressant. when i drink coffee it will make me less hungry, however, if i drink it on an empty stomach i get jittery and it makes my stomach feel empty (although i won't feel 'hunger'). don't worry about it OP, just eat food if you're hungry and don't when you aren't

Been drinking coffee in the morning, no breakfast for a long time. No problems here except I get the urge to shit pretty bad afterwords.

The only negative effect I've had is it gives me the shits sometimes. Other than that, it's a nice drink first thing in the morning.

I'm not in med training or anything, but in pretty sure it's a meme. It does go through you quick, so expect to piss 5 - 10 minutes afterwards

Only if it doesn't make you sick. In some people (myself included) can get almost violently ill if they drink coffee on an empty stomach. There's a chance it might just be that my school's stand has contaminated coffee, but I'm pretty sure it was drinking it on an empty stomach.

It's fine for me. I fast for 20 hours a day (eat from 6PM to 10PM) and whilst I'm fasting I only drink black coffee and salted water.

Back in ye peasant days the first thing consumed in the morning was beer or milk taken to the fields during work around dawn. Then breakfast, (name nonwithstanding) was eaten when the sun was actually up before the main work for the day began. Our bodies need time to really warm up before eating a lot of food, early breakfasts are the result of the industrial revolution and also Kellog advertising in the early 20th century.

Coffee on an empty stomach (ie first of the day):
Espresso with steamed milk (ie flat white)
I find the milk fat stops the coffee from acidifying my stomach too much, otherwise I just get queasy.

Rest of the day:
Esspresso shots with a spoon's worth of milk foam (macchiato)

Gotta have good beans and a barista that doesn't suck balls. (that is to say he has to literally suck balls to be a good barista as they're all fags)

None of this drip shit Amerifag cream bullshit.

Also:
I've heard that it's a genetic or otherwise phenomenon that caffeine makes you shit. Happens to less than 50% of the population.
I get the shits without fail exactly 35 minutes after drinking only my first coffee of the day.

AAAAAAAAAAH!!!
Every FUCKING day with these STUPID fucking MEMES! I've had it up to HERE with stupid fucking memes! You guys make me want to KILL MYSELF! Is that what you fucking want? For me to fucking KILL MYSELF and write on my suicide note "Cause of suicide: Couldn't handle all of the stupid fucking memes, killed myself"? Because that's what it might as well fucking say!
You guys are literally, L I T E R A L L Y incapable of having even the SIMPLEST of fucking discussion without "MEME THIS, MEME THAT, PROBABLY TYLO BE CHILLIN, HERE'S A PIC OF HUMBLE CANNONS BY AARON ELLIS, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EBIN AMIRITE?" Fucking STOP IT you pathetic fucking FAGGOTS, you are such fucking cancer that I cannot even fathom how you fucking scumbags live your dumb gay lives. Don't you have a job to get to, schoolwork to finish or a family to attend to? Do you literally do ANYTHING productive with your lives other than post stupid fucking memes on the music section of a god damn anime imageboard? You fucking people make me sick and you're damn lucky I don't have any of your fucking addresses you fucking pieces of shits. I'd spit in your faces.

You don't think thats a problem? The fact caffeine is irritating your intestines making it expell everything before it has had a chance to fully absorb all of the nutrients and form compacted normal fecaes? No problems at all.

Don't drink coffee on an empty stomach, the acid will upset it; so eat a loaf of bread alongside.

Though this does differ person-to-person whether it actually upsets or not, but it's recommended not to drink coffee on an empty stomach regardless.

It's the opposite, as more and more studies tend to show.

ctvnews.ca/health/coffee-consumption-linked-to-lower-risk-of-colorectal-cancer-1.2841834

>I find the milk fat stops the coffee from acidifying my stomach too much, otherwise I just get queasy.

This is actually true, milk, just like any other snack with/before coffee, usually helps.

Dude do you even know how your intestines work
By the time you get the urge to shit, be it naturally or because of coffee, the turd is already down the large intestine, there's no nutrients left it's just poo
If what you're saying was true then it would be healthy to hold your shit in as much as possible and this is just retarded