I have couple of things concerning OmiseGo. If their motto is to ''bank the unbanked''...

I have couple of things concerning OmiseGo. If their motto is to ''bank the unbanked'', so say I'm a hobo with ten bucks and want to send it across the country, how? Will they need to have enterprises working in co-operation with them to act as 'banks'? Do I need some kind of digital ID for that? How about liquidity?

Also, why would banks or enterprises pay extra for OMG if they could use, say, Ripple for equally fast transactions (or slightly slower, if all hype about Plasma holds water) for a lesser cost?

Trading fiat to crypto sure would get easier, but do B2Bs need that or would normies be interested at all?

I read you could load your account with fiat potentially in a minimart

OMG is just building a back end for corporations, banks etc to exchange value with each other for an incredibly cost at a high speed. They’ve also got plans for cash in cash out system like ATMs. Things like PayPal can build their own app using the SDK and cut their costs & improve speed whilst retaining market share; omg and PayPal aren’t necessarily competitors.

why the fuck is this coing etting shilled so much lately?

There will be fiat in/out locations: ATMs/banks/front desk at minimarts.

Enterprises aren't "paying extra" for omg, it will supposedly end up saving them money by being cheaper than credit and having their digital assets all connected on the omg network.

as opposed to all the other garbage on this board that gets shilled 24/7? I'd take the hint and buy some brotha. 1500 reporting in. Wageslaving gonna end for me in a year and a half

dont get me wrong its solid af and Im accumulating
but the amount of shill threads lately kinda turns me off

It's unbank the banked you fucking tard
You didn't even read the slogan

in my case it's sort of turning me on.. i'm confident in the coin and i think others are starting to share in with that collective confidence and spread the word.. i don't think everything on this shithole of a board has to be viewed as a bad thing

Can you fucking pajeets stop shilling OMG so much? It doesn't look good for you. The best products don't need advertising

Yea, but I compared it to Ripple, not the current situation.

You're not going to make it with 1500... Come on man, each OMG would have to return like $20/yr for you to stop wageslaving

Let's say 120 M stake with a .5% fee, 20*120,000,000/.005 = 480,000,000,000

You really think Omise has 480 B in volume lined up, when they only processed less than a tenth of that on their own last year?

OMG has been shilled here since at least summer 2017 so it not like nobody has noticed it
the uptick in shill threads lately is suspicious though

I think 20 dollars a year is conservative.

btw we're mooning

I think you're far overestimating the returns without any actual numbers to back it
I'm also far more invested in OMG than you, so it's not even like I'm fudding you. You're just expecting too much

Strat was supposed to moon by now because ICO's

ICX was supposed to be listed in Korea and moon by now

both of which i would parlay back into OMG, please don't moon without me

Above all EMAs and MACD is turning upwards. Time to go long. Stop being a nomg. I was resistant at first but now I have secured 1000 omg for my family and the future of the white race.

Ha, well look at that, works both ways.

>They’ve also got plans for cash in cash out system like ATMs. Things like PayPal can build their own app using the SDK and cut their costs & improve speed whilst retaining market share;

When and how many cash in/out are they planning to set up

>Things like PayPal can build their own app using the SDK and cut their costs & improve speed whilst retaining market share; omg and PayPal aren’t necessarily competitors.

Doubt Paypal would use OMG.

>bank the unbanked
It's actually unbanked the banked.

>send it across the country, how
A smart phone would be needed first of all, and the knowledge of crypto and payment methods in general, both of which i doubt a hobo has. Anyway, he would only need the other person to have access to the DEX decentralised exchange (built with OMG) that was used to send.

>Do I need some kind of digital ID for that?
No just an online wallet (built with OMG)

>How about liquidity?
The DEX would be able to convert any currency to any currency, fiat to crypto and vice versa seamlessly.

>why would banks
I doubt banks would want anything to do with OMG

>enterprises pay extra for OMG
They are provided very versatile payment options via the wallet sdk which the company can customized to suit their needs

> Ripple for equally fast transactions
More benefits using OMG, not just transaction speeds. Since more people will be using OMG based payment options it would only be beneficial for them to use it, its like how 'we accept paypal/visa' attracts more customers.

look maybe my timeline might be off for WHEN i get to stop wageslaving but I do believe that within 5 years max I will have that opportunity as I don't expect to sell a single coin. I really hope it works out for us omisebro

white power

>A smart phone would be needed first of all, and the knowledge of crypto and payment methods in general, both of which i doubt a hobo has. Anyway, he would only need the other person to have access to the DEX decentralised exchange (built with OMG) that was used to send.

It's a backend token you dumb fuck. Normies don't hold OMG. They hold pajeet money. ILIterally anyone on earth can afford a smartphone these days.

bank to bank value transfers aren't really what omg is even trying to do here

So you're expecting Omise to 10x their customer base in 5 years?
I guess that's more reasonable, but without any evidence for the shit you're spewing it's just daydreaming... Keep that in mind going forward, so you're not disappointed if the returns are lower than you hoped

what are your predictions then?

>The best products don't need advertising
They unironically do

wait. do you realise Omise didn't even exist 5 years ago?
also, they did a tenfold increase in transactions in ONE year already back in 2015.

What makes you think normies would be as excited about this as you are?

the omg network goes beyond the omise customer base. Just wait until there's multiple high volume crypto exchanges running on it.

not to mention the amount of NDA's they're working with.. they're going to be processing so much right off the bat

I predict you should have got in at the beginning of this thread

Normies don't need to get excited about OMG. If all goes to plan it operates in the background and normies know as much about it as they do about SAP.

I never said anything about "normies". This isn't like TRON where we need to trick mass amounts of normies to buy in. I swear this is the only token that has an actual model for how it will give you money and so few people seem to understand it. It hurts me that I'm not well spoken enough to convince you people, but I won't lose sleep over it.

This is where OMG really comes into it’s own category

People like you state figures like that and say the returns won’t be great

But OMG will also power a dex

There are roughly 10-20 exchanges in the world that ALREADY process more than 420bn a year, even if they become the 10th most popular exchange in Asia, they will be processing more than 400bn a year.

That’s at current levels, it’s possible that next year the top ten will all be doing 1 trillion +, last year they were all processing far less than they are now

Now comes the really exciting part, OMG will not just be a dex if it’s own, but can potentially be the backend exchange for ALL of the top ten exchanges COMBINED motherfucker. That’s right, it’s entirely possible that this time next year, due to financial incentive, the OMG blockchain is processing 5 trillion dollars a year just on dex operations.

This shit is like having a share in VISA, PAYPAL and AMAZON combined, all in the fastest growing sector in the fastest growing region in the world.

that's not what i asked for.. do you not have a prediction? or are you just here to tell people that 1500 OMG isn't going to be enough when all signs point to it being quite adequate :)

>The DEX would be able to convert any currency to any currency, fiat to crypto and vice versa seamlessly.

That still doesn't answer the question. If the money comes from say, Coinbase, does OMG back the liquidity of different assets?

be still my beating heart.

The guy that responded to you wasn't me...
I'm expecting ~$1.30 / token / yr at first
I wouldn't expect to hit $10/ token / yr for 3-4 years

ah sorry :)

trees don't grow into the sky

Crypto to crypto trading really is the most lucrative prospect for OMG, but that's only if validators set their fees to .1% or below... Otherwise, nobody will move off Binance/Bittrex/etc. Whether or not we gain some pretty insane volume is uncertain

god dammit I needed another week to get in on this

I expect 4-10% a year, as with most other staking coins. So really it's just going to depend how much the coin ends up being worth.

Dude, you can't expect a % of the token price, the token price will be based on the returns. Nobody is going to say "oh, it's currently worth $10 so lets set the % fee to whatever we need to get $4/yr"

The network is going to say "the going rate is .5%" and you're just going to get whatever that means for the OMG you're staking as a portion of the whole...

If the market expects 4 - 10% a year, and the tokens generate $1.30 / year, that means the token price will adjust to $13 - $32.5

Returns drive price, not the other way around, which is how you seem to be thinking about it

It's been the same price for 6 months. This was not suppose to make you money. Was suppose to help others have a bank and spend. Stay deluded.

How long did it them to develop PayPal before it went live?

You're probably a dipshit who's not even in development, and shouldn't have your money in crypto anyways

Something that I've never really seen anyone else talk about, is how we're already seeing the max omg supply. Other staking coins are just endlessly printing new shitcoin money out of thin air, but omg returns are from fees where the money is actually coming from somewhere, not printing new omg. When real interest and demand picks up, there won't be much omg to go around.

OMG is genius concept, just like Paypal was at it's time, but it just isn't it time just yet.

Now this is good FUD, please post this one in the next thread as well so I can accumulate.