Curry

Alright Veeky Forums, lets talk curry. More specifically, Japanese curry.

I love it. I love it more than i should love any food, but the thing is that i've only eaten the most default version possible. Meat, potatoes, carrots and the curry cubes into the pan, nice and simple. But i'm looking for ways to change it up a bit and add a special touch to the dish.

So Veeky Forums, how do you make your Japanese-style curry?

Potatoes, onions, chicken/beef for me. Sometimes I add mushrooms or carrots, sometimes I just have plain potato curry. It's delicious either way.

I use chickpeas most of the time. They're cheap and I like them.

>Japanese-style curry

Sorry, but I don't eat gook food, faggot

Why even reply then? He asked how you make your curry, not if you like it or not.

Laughing at any time any one from anywhere on the planet eats food from their country in the United States and gets a look on their face like, "What the fuck is this supposed to be?"

Keep making fun of Japan though.

>Japanese style curry.
That's not a thing. I think you mean Kari.

What the fuck are you going to do about it, pussy?

You're very rude. That doesn't really answer my question either. To answer yours, there's nothing I can do, not that I would if I could. It's a free country after all. I just like to know what makes people do the things they do sometimes.

I've recently fallen in love with Thai style Curry, particularly the Red Panang variant. It's super fragrant, much more so than the regular japanese varient i'm used to, but goddam is it taste. I usually make it with chicken or strips of beef and onion and potato with a coconut milk base. Definitely worth a shot and they make pre-made pastes of it as well. Just need the meat/potatoes/onion and a few cans of coconut milk.

Why are anglos gay and ugly?

How is it different from Thai, Brit, and Indian curry?

I take jap curry to be the curry which is made from the little cubes that you can get. Quite popular in Japan even tho not 'traditional'.

Pretty delicious. Normally just stew beef with potato and carrots. Keep it old school. Only diff is which type of curry cube u get.

it's like beef stew with curry flavor. supposedly it was copied from english sailor's curry along with their uniforms for school girls.

Short grain rice really soaks up the sauce makes basmati seem like packaging peanuts

I like it because it's pretty Japanese and is its own thing. There's this place in Seattle that makes delicious Japanese curry rice that makes it taste really home-y. I love it.

what place?

Fort St. George. They have a lot of Japanese comfort food. It's a great place and a bit hidden.

Where can I get some curry like OP's pic? Only Japanese place I can think of by me is a steakhouse.

Super easy to make if you use roux cubes. If you live away from the west coast or NE and are an American, there likely aren't restaurants that have it near you. It's pretty much cafeteria/stressed mom cooking.

If you want to be pedantic it's カレー (karē).

>tfw can't stand onions
That Japanese beef curry sounds/looks delicious though fug

You're fucking gay, go suck off some more dudes irl, homo

I hope to fuck you use fish sauce as well, or I weep for you

Onions are in every processed food, I'm sure you like the flavor, just get over it

Katsu curry. All day erry day.