Alcohol is a carcinogen

>Alcohol is a carcinogen

My God, should I swear off booze now? Why does nobody care that alcohol causes cancer?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_and_cancer

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DKuuguZAeO8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nearly everything has the potential to cause cancer. It's literally "pick your poison ".

Even the air you are breathing causes cancer. The only way to avoid it is to kill yourself

After your 20s, life stops being something you dearly want to hold onto. Drink up.

i drink because i dont give a fuck about anything.

Hahaha this.
The illusion of personal freedom and realisation that you are a wage slave. Most of us are just better dressed peasants with nicer food.

I'll drink to that.

Oxygen is the biggest cause of ageing.

Your point?

Serves you degenerates right.

l m f a o

since when is being self-destructive a sign of maturity or age??????

man this place is a carcinogen. life is good. life is so good.

us oldfags amirite

Life is good.
Living forever at the expense of enjoyment is not.

I would rather drink several times a week and get smashed occasionally at the expense of a decade of old age or two.

>Why does nobody care that alcohol causes cancer?
because alcohol has other health hazards that are much more severe than the cancer risk

>n general, these risks increase after about one daily drink for women and two daily drinks for men. (A drink is defined as 12 ounces of regular beer, 5 ounces of wine, or 1.5 ounces of 80-proof liquor.)

Everything in moderation.

Every fucking thing causes cancer

I would forgo booze for 20 more years of sex, learning, traveling, experience, family, etc.

It's like when fatasses use your excuse for choosing obesity over health. Clearly your life must be shitty if being inebriated occasionally is so critical to happiness.

Cancer is an inevitability of the natural processes of human life. The only possible way to avoid getting cancer is for something else to kill you before it can.

So if you want to avoid cancer you should drink MORE, not less. That way you can die of liver failure instead.

>Thinking you have nearly as many rights and priveleges as peasants.

Kek. Real peasants would look down you as they would a serf or a slave. Enjoy not getting 60 feast days off a year plus every single sunday, slave.

You're a faggot.

You stupid fucking nigger. It's not absolutes were talking about, since when does "drink several times a week and get smashed occasionally" mean liver destroying debauchery? you can enjoy things in moderation too ya know. Just because someone eats chicken, brown rice, and broccoli and counts calories doesn't mean they can't also enjoy a chocolate bar once every other week. End yourself you stupid faggot.

Someone said if alcohol was invented today, it would not get FDA approval. It is literally poison that your body has to detoxify. The byproducts of this detoxification process are what causes hangovers.

Amen brother

Daily reminder that Veeky Forums's sworn enemy, cannabis, gives no painful hangover, produces a cleaner intoxication, inhibits cancer cell growth, promotes brain cell growth, and is not addictive.

If you live in a state that is still living in the dark ages of prohibition, I highly recommend writing your officials in hopes that you too can one day enjoy this less harmful alternative legally, paranoia and guilt free.

Girlfriend of four fucking years left me recently. I work in craft beer so id be drinking beer everyday. Wouldnt consider myself an alcoholic but i would drink every single day honestly. Thats not the main reason she left me but anywaus im swearing off any booze for a least a few weeks and im working out more. Feels good being sober. My shits are actually solid now and im eating more finally. I think im gonna make it. Was tempted to kill a six pack or two today but i cant give in this soon.

Two beers a day for men can have health benefits.

Like what? And how does the beer do this?

>cleaner intoxication
>inhibits cancer cell growth
>promotes brain cell growth

wew

Are you fucking 12 or something?

Did you think that whole liver damage thing was a meme and hangovers are just dehydration?

>Why does nobody care that alcohol causes cancer?
For the same reason that nobody cares that cigarettes cause cancer.

Wrong. Cancer growth is promoted by a shitty diet, lifestyle, or exposure to various man made carcinogens. Cancer growth is inhibited by a healthy diet and lifestyle. There are vegetables and fruits that have been shown to not only inhibit but to reverse cancer cell growth.

If you're lived an average life, you almost certainly have some tumors already, even if you're only in your late teens or twenties. The choices you make for the rest of your life will have a large effect on whether you die with those tumors or whether you die from them.

>no smack for 6 days
>no coke for 4 days
>no ~1.75 liters vodka, day 1
will i ever sleep again? fuck 4am. gonna be like this for weeks, i can tell, and that's if i'm lucky and don't relapse.

now this is degeneracy

how do you drink a handle of vodka a day

22 years of practice i suppose.

How do you not?

i drink 12 beers instead

what's this from? i feel inspired to watch it.

yeah, I'd believe that alcohol being deeply and historically rooted in our culture is mostly why it's legal.

DUDE

kill your darlings. it's about the beat generation. not too bad of a movie, probably worth a watch

ya smoking never hurt anyone either

loads of illegal drugs are deeply and historically rooted into human culture.
all major proponents of keeping drugs illegal, are presumably profiting from international smuggling.

alan watts on drug law policy and his experiences with drugs

youtube.com/watch?v=DKuuguZAeO8

Well I do get 40 annual leave days as well as weekends off....

Who /goingtoworkhungover/ here?

Addendum:

Who /whogoingtoworkwithaterriblehangover/ tomorrow?

One of my team members in a group project showed up to our presentation hungover today.

Who the fuck gets drunk on a sunday anyway? Fucking christ.

>Who the fuck gets drunk on a sunday anyway? Fucking christ.

Depends if I have a lot of money. I live in a godforsaken dry state so if I was stupid enough not to buy booze on Saturday I have to go to the bar on Sunday if I wanna get drunk. If I wanna spend the cash, tolerate the shitters at the bar, and feel like going at all I will get pretty drunk on Sundays. Bonus points if it's NFL season or if I go to B dubs.

do americans have the alcohol 'unit' system, whereby you measure how many units of booze you're consuming? pretty useful method of keeping track of your demise

1 unit being a universal amount, i mean. so you can measure how much booze you're actually drinking, regardless of the drink.
wasted, hoping this question makes sense.
do you have an exact method of measuring how much you're using? it's printed on all alcohol bottles in the uk.

You've never been to a football game I take it.

Actually interested in this too. Australia has standard drinks (a can of 3.5% mid strength beer is exactly 1 standard drink and most other beers are 1.3ish.)

Average beer in America is 5%+.

>Who the fuck gets drunk on a sunday anyway? Fucking christ
have you ever tried a proper chemical addiction? i mean, drinking absolutely constantly. waking to coffee, painkillers - opiates if you're lucky, a shower, then a pint of vodka. force legitimately nutritious food in face no matter how little you want to eat. continue drinking until pass out around midday, sleep for 2 hours and continue drinking from the moment you wake, until the moment you pass out again the second, maybe third time that day. repeat on waking. mix in heroin, cocaine, some psychedelics and lots of 'party girls'. keep petrified eye on savings account and credit cards.
this was my last binge, lasted from january until 1 week ago. i've been in bed puking and shaking for a week, now only on benzos, which try to (actually) kill me when i stop using them, even if tapered over years.
ask any AA/NA member which the fave years of his life were, he'd say the days he was annihilated on vodka and cocaine, licking mdma off some drunk stoner chick's tits. not his recovery.

>tfw i want to be an alcoholic but i am too poor

Whenever I tell one of my friends "Sobriety is boring" they just tell me I sound like an alcoholic.

Maybe my life is just boring otherwise.

Don't worry, alcohol will kill you by destroying your liver far before you get cancer.

so am i now. i calculated how much of each drug and how much booze i'd need, bought extra, predictably then still needed more so maxed two credit cards, can't do this often. i've spent enough in the last 4 months to buy a new car. you have to make sure you can finance your addiction and taper your use down according to how much money you have left.

holy fuck talking of cars, has anyone ever not only lost their license like we all probably have, but also lost their fucking car? that shit is terrifying. this shit happened to me days ago. i just woke up and my car was gone. i knew i'd crashed into 2 hedges and a wall the week before so wanted to lay low, didnt want to report it as stolen, plus i was going fucking cold turkey and there's smack/crack paraphernalia all over my house. at this point i'd spent like 5 days in bed going cold turkey so hadn't even opened the curtains, but then did open them, realised the damn car wasnt there and i have no fucking clue why. had to spend hours walking around my local neighbourhood, still going cold turkey at this point, wondering wtf i'd done with it, dreading the moment i see a police cordon, a fiery wreck and angry coppers holding my mugshot.
eventually found it parked at a pub/dealer's place. no memory of driving there, and apparently when i went home again i forgot i had it. it takes me like 2 minutes to go into his place and come out again, so in that much time, i forgot id driven there and left the fucking car, and totally blacked it all out. that is not the kind of mission you want to embark on, while still drinking 2 bottles of vodka a day, and 5 days into cold turkey from fucking heroin.

>having sex in your 70s+
I don't even want to know what this looks like
The only thing you'll be doing after 70 is either traveling or waiting around for your children/grandchildren to visit you on holidays

>licking mdma off some drunk stoner chick's tits
where does one encounter such chicks? just asking out of, uuh..., research reasons

>Who the fuck gets drunk on a sunday anyway?
underage b&

anywhere. if i'm drunk i'll talk to anyone, if they're drunk they'll talk back, if i have drugs they'll fuck me.
i picked up a girl like 1 week ago. second girl this year ive just started rambling to in the street, then ended up fucking. we were both drunk last week, asked her for directions, said "could you just show me?" she got in the car, i drove to the dealer's place, picked up a shitload of cocaine and mdma, we went back to my place and we fucked for about 19 hours on and off. people think i'm kidding. i've dedicated my life to drugs and booze. shit is awesome as long as you're never sober.

Possibly a slightly personal question, but fuck it. Its anonymous.

Where do you get the money to sustain that lifestyle? Can't imagine you can hold down a full time job in that state?

That sounds like a great way to contract a veneral disease.

You needed another reason after liver and brain damage and skin aging? I mean alcohol is literally poison. What do you expect?

I expected to get shitfaced nigga

You sound like a real champ.

i work from home, or, well, i'm supposed to. if i don't want to i don't. i get into shitloads of financial trouble and spend months if not years petrified, then go and do it again.
don't fucking care, lol. it's too much fun. plus the girls aren't hags. you've just gotta be incredibly confident. you know booze helps. benzos on top helps a lot more, add heroin, and you could walk up to 10/10's all day, even if they're not complete whores normally, they'll fuck you for your chemical confidence. if that's not enough, wave a bag of cocaine/heroin at a girl who hasn't used, and she in her tipsy state start gushing betwixt the legs at the thought of something exciting and new. anyone who's already tried it knows what they're missing, they're already psychologically addicted, so in their drunken state, they'll say yes too.
it's too much fun to care.
besides, i've already been tested, i get checked every few years just incase.

took me a while to realise it, but while addiction can be agony and sobriety is generally relatively calm, i enjoy the pain. it becomes the norm, and when it's gone i miss it. it's my life, man. have to be clean now for a long time as i've spent so much in the last 4 months, but as soon as i've saved enough again and the buzz of like 5 different drugs hits me at once, the feel is homely as fuck.

The alcohol industry spends tens of billions of dollars each year in advertising.

The media doesn't want to lose that sweet, sweet cash, so they don't talk about harmful effects of alcohol.

>listening to the media

I get all my information on the outside world from Veeky Forums

Holy fuck, I had no idea Veeky Forums were such massive fucking pussies.

You are worse than the people on /out/ that unironically tell you the best defense against bears is to assume position. Because guns are evil

Holy shit, all of you bitter fucking rejects that never got invited to parties in high-school need to kys

>kid saves the world
thanks hero, made a note. now sshhh.

>he thinks old people don't fuck.
They do, and the do it a lot.

Hope you're not doing it by yourself man, stay strong because once you kick that shit life will be enjoyable again

Carcinogen is a meme word, everything is a carcinogen. Ate some barbecue last week? Carcinogen. Stepped outside in a city? Carcinogen. Drank a diet Pepsi? Carcinogen.

Who cares, do what makes you feel good and if you get cancer just shoot yourself before you rot away.

>go out once or twice a week
>have a meal and 2-3 beers
>hang out and drink water until I'm just far enough below tipsy to drive home

>never had a drinking problem despite every male in my family being a alcoholic or a recovering alcoholic

Self-control is nice. You guys should try it sometime.

swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time causes cancer

tmyk

>ow do you drink a handle of vodka a day
start early friendo

short naps help too

any other alcoholics feel like the booze just kills any sort of cold bug or flu virus? Im 31 and feel like I only get sick enough to stay in bed like once every couple years.

>drinking large amounts of alcohol
>caring about getting cancer
You're doing it wrong friendo

Because cancer will be the last of the problems you'll never get to see because your liver killed you

Because people don't care, they are addicted.

That's the worst shit with blackouts.tou don't know what happened so you fill in the blanks with the worst horror. Fills me with dread

yeah i get into that state every night. eventually everyone hates you but you've no idea why.

Its been over a week since I've turned my phone on. I know the only thing waiting for me is documentation of my offending everyone I care about and making a fool of myself, for the 8th time this year. I'd rather just cut my losses

Maybe for you. I for one think that was when mine truly started.

thanks, only 2 days in and lack of sleep is killing me. now 4.30pm the next day and i still haven't slept.
keep thinking maybe i'll just go buy a half bottle of vodka. to take the edge off and maybe get me to sleep.
pretty sure yeah nah that wouldn't end well. within like 8 hours and another 3 half bottles i'd be staggering towards my dealer's place, for "one last dose" to treat myself because 'this time i'm really going to stop', then waking up the next morning inexplicably using a bbq grill as a pillow and with a broken arm, wouldn't be sober again for 6+ months.

fuck i bet it'd be a good night though. i could be out the door and back again with two bottles of vodka within 5 mins tops.

r u in brighton, uk by any chance?

can you get me some drugs?

nah im not in brighton. find the nearest red light district and ask the first hooker if she knows a dealer. you can now get every drug on earth.

>Cancer growth is inhibited by a healthy diet and lifestyle.

It can decrease a persons risk but it doesn't eliminate the chances of getting cancer entirely.

>that have been shown to not only inhibit but to reverse cancer cell growth.

This is wrong. There might be a extracted compound or specific substance which inhibits cancer cells but in-vitro lab studies do not necessarily correlate to actual human pharmacological effects of intake of said substances hence why we have such stringent rules and regulations and a lengthy trial phases before drugs hit the market.

>The choices you make for the rest of your life will have a large effect on whether you die with those tumors or whether you die from them.

Although it is found that virtually most people will have benign tumours at point of death given they live long enough even though, not being the primary cause of death, the switch from benign to malignant and why it happens is still not that well understood.

Many cancers are strongly genetic in origin and living as straight and clean a diet and environment as possible isn't going to change the fact that you will develop that specific cancer.

>For the same reason that nobody cares that cigarettes cause cancer.

Are you fucking serious? The link between lung cancer and smoking was a huge revelation when it came out and one of the primary causes of people either quitting or not taking it up in the first place. The people of do smoke may not give a fuck but to say that NOBODY cares is an idiotic overstatement.

>group project
if your going to pretend you have a job on a meme cooking japanese forum, then atleast have a proper one.
>who drinks on a sunday
sorry some of us don't spend sunday night on habbo hotel

Yea but is it even enjoyable at that point. And what if you can't even get hard any more

One day of non-degeneracy

Everything causes cancer. Red meat, processed meat of any sort, alcohol, wine, chocolate.

Everything prevents cancer. Red wine, chocolate, red meat, etc.

Just eat what you like and get enough nutrients.

Alcohol lowers immune system

Biting the b8 >60 days off + sundays
So assuming those 60 days can be taken like annual leave, adding the sundays (1/7 of 365 = 52) then peasants got 112 days off a year.

Compare that to today, 40 annual days off + weekends (2/7 of 365 = 104)
104 + 40 = 144
That's 32 more days off, and that is completely excluding todays technological advancements in agricultural, healthcare and general quality of life.

Is it the alcohol speaking or are you usually that thick?

My mom was a smoker for 30 years and still no cancer shes older now. Its not a guarantee to get cancer.
>hurr if you drink a beer you'll die
Everything in moderation my friend
Apperently having a smug sense of self importance and a pseudo sense of morality is a key to your happiness. I bet you complain they serve alcohol at bars you nitwit.
Sales job. Wage plus commission. Or call center sales. You can get sone monwy hand over fist