Sushi

Best kind? Best ways to prepare it?

You're going to have to be way more specific than that.

I love me some basics...

Tuna avacado roll
Salmon avacado roll

My kids like a veggie roll
Cucumber, avacado, carrot shreds, and a few sprouts. I usually roll that in sesame seeds for them.

Wife gets all fancy sometimes, but I actually prefer the simple stuff where the flavor of the rice and fish stand alone.

Thik and cold

>avacado
Not sushi

Anyway the best are O-toro, Chuu-toro, maguro, negi-toro, unagi, salmon, and tamogoyaki. A lot of people like uni, but I'm not a fan of the texture. People also talk up hamachi but I think its vastly inferior to even regular maguro and salmon, but for some reason its usually more expensive.

I don't even want to eat sushi anymore since in the past few years everything has mango and avocado in it. I just want to eat unagi all day every day but unfortunately its fucking impossible to find unadon anywhere so here I am like a chump paying $3 a bite for it at the sushi bar

>best kind
nigiri only
>best way to prepare it
don't. its not worth making yourself. it's art that you eat, use it to get laid.

go to your asian supermarket and buy the frozen unagi fillets

I know it may sound like its not true but they don't take kindly to non-asians there
like they have a restaurant inside and they wont even really serve you, they just ignore you and hope you go away

you can order it frozen online or go to a asian market and buy it frozen. I have like 8 packs in my freezer. you still need to buy the eel basting sauce...which is excellent on donburi and steak also..

Kids? da fuck you doing on this site

刺身か握り
if you get anything else you are 馬鹿で外人でキモイ scum and will be gassed on the day of the rope

>haha i love avocado+cream cheese crunchy rolls xdddddddddddd
i will cut you in half with my thousand year old volcano-forged japanese COLDSTEEL™ 刀

I ate at Jiro's, can't look at 'normal' sushi the same way.

RIP ;_;

it's that good eh? One day I hope to eat their, but at the same I don't want to spoil myself and look at any other sushi as shit.

who died?

Zac Efron

>paying top dollars just to eat raw fish

you dont have to buy it if you know how to fish..this my fresh caught ahi poke..

did you flash freeze it in order to be in compliance with USDA food safety standards for raw preparation?

Fresh out the ocean with a fish hook and nets up in that shit

>its the only whey

look at all of those pin worms

More like Zac Efroff then.

Dumbest law to ever pass. Probably even dumber than the banning of raw milk and raw tree nuts.

why is sushi so pricy outside of Japan anyhow? Does the preparation really justify the price?

perception of value

>Salmon

not sushi

>not living in california
>not paying 12-15 bucks for all you can eat sushi

Where are you paying that? Its like 30

Sacramento area but if you know where to go in SF it's about 20

Fuck, I gotta go there.

Kappamaki is my favorite, but otherwise it's pretty subjective.

Buri or hamachi are the fucking tits when they're good though.

Holy fuck there are kanji for baka what the shit.

>My kids
you mean the woman who left you for tyrone's kids

>eating raw food
>2016
Enjoy your hepa titties.

Chirashi all day erryday.

Rolls are for flyover staters.

It actually is worth making yourself, you're just lazy

Its literally the number 2 most popular sushi in Japan

>tuna
>pin worms

>37 posts
>no love for best sushi
Spicy tuna roll master race

Fuck off newfag

>tfw can't get flathead grey mullet sushi outside Japan or Korea

>馬鹿で外人でキモイ
>cucumber in spicy rolls

Rustled hard.

of course why wouldnt there be its usually written in katakana for emphasis

This

The amount of guys trying to pick up asian chicks sitting at my sushi bar is out of control. All fucking day, same dumb ass conversation.

>Do you like sushi?
>Oh I don't eat it that much
>The sushi must be so good where your from
>I've never been this place
>I don't really like fish
>Let's have Sake with our rolls and ngiri cuz we're plebs

Usually the conversations are so broken neither of them knows what they're talking about. Dude's spend over $120 on dinner for 2. Gotta pay those bills. To their credit, the chick was gonna sleep with them anyway.

Mackerel.

My favorite nigiri

I immediately ike jime the fish and put into a cool water bath not cold. immediate freezing or even icing will ruin sushi quality of the fish.

there were none.

Eel.

All salmon in Japan is imported from salmon farms. The salmon that live in Japanese waters all carry parasites and can't be eaten raw.

I'm pretty sure that's what meant. Saying sushi with avocado isn't really sushi kind of holds the same weight as saying sushi with salmon isn't sushi. If they eat the product from another culture because it tastes good... Who cares what's in it?

Speaking of cultural clusterfucks, I have always wanted to make pineapple/raw tuna sushi. Something tells me that would be the best.

theres one on balboa in the aves thats $16
I eat a whole tray of mussels and blue crans then grub sushi. ate 12 unagi hand rolls there once..

Can you buy frozen fish at an asian market and use it for sushi? Or can you only buy sashimi grade fish from fish markets?

Only if you select a live one from a tank. Any dead fish must be frozen by US law; all non-frozen fish you see is thawed.

I think that's how it is. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

$6 here in Toronto on a Tuesday .It makes me sick everytime

Freezing is the only way to kill some parasites.

The best fish is high grade and flash frozen immediately after it's caught.

GOOD tuna, mackerel, octopus, squit, clam, or salmon are my goto. I only do sashimi because I don't eat rice that often (most places fuck up their sushi and don't season it well enough or it isn't fluffy enough).

If you intend on doing maki, make sure you use good short grain rice, and wash it thoroughly. The sushi vinegar strips away the remaining starches, yet leaves a nice sticky rice that binds well. Make sure you have a REALLY sharp knife and wet your hands with water to the temperature of the rice (or wear gloves). The rice should behave like a paste and spread well on the nori sheets. You only need like an inch thick of rice, depending on your filling. From there it's all your choice, visit a local Teppan/Sushi place to foster ideas. My roommate has pretty consistently made his rolls with mango, avocado, cream cheese, and salmon, but you can toss in all sorts of weird, meme-worthy shit like fruits and fried stuff (tempura shrimp is like a maki staple it seems). Making your own spicy mayo will do wonders vs. store-bought nonsense. Just get some kewpie, sriracha, and sesame/chili oil and off you go.

Vegan Sushi is best sushi.