Why do mexicans go full autism about their tacos?

why do mexicans go full autism about their tacos?

yeah, I got it, your tacos are the original and special ones, I don't disagree. But could you guys just stop having a rant about this and specially hating the tacos from taco bell?, jeez guys.

Well these are authentic Taco's
The ones from tacobell are Texmex which is completely different

As a white boi I have to agree with the Mexicans. Your pic related is infinitely better than taco bell. In fact taco bell should only be ordered when you're drunk as fuck and can't find a proper roach coach.

t. Guy who had 4 pastor tacos for dinner

Plus they aren't the best quality for Texmex
They're like junkfood tier

The only thing taco bell gets right is the bean burrito. Even that is debatable since they don't even use lard anymore.

No they don't, and they laugh at gringos about it. I've worked with and lived around so many mexicans. Yes they eat them and make them because its what they ate growing up but they don't give a fuck how you make or eat your taco. Those same mexicans can regularly be seen scarfing down those 2 for 99 cent tacos from Jack in the Box or those 89 cent crunchy tacos from Taco Bell because its cheap as shit and delicious, which is all they really care about.

I live in AZ and 2bh I've met more way more white people who were autistic about "authentic" mexican food than mexicans.

Try /int/. Not saying Veeky Forums reflects real life but an easy way to trigger Mexicans is post a gringo taco.

>Not saying Veeky Forums reflects real life but
there's your problem. if you were to go to /pol/ for a few days you might begin to believe that the entire world is populated by militant white supremacists.

I'm sure they're memeing. I've been around mexicans from all walks of life and they literally do not care about what kinds of tacos there are. Like I said they eat the authentic tacos because its what they know and what they had growing up but at the same time they'll eat literally anything that tastes good without being pretentious or talking shit, then they'll giggle at the gringos who talk shit on tex mex and taco bell. They also don't seem to care about how knowledgeable you are about authenticity and the correct mexican way to make things, they think its funny. They're just like "lol, yea just eat it it's good". In my experience they are very un-pretentious people who cook great food but will eat whatevs.

In my experience the people who are most triggered by gringo tacos are foodies obsessed with authenticity

people in Chicago also care what you put on your hot dog. Idk, people are possessive about their favorite foods

3rd gen Mexicans here

My parents/grandparents and the people that come across the border do not rant like spergs about "real" tacos it's usually other races or younger Mexicans.

Cheap is cheap and tacos are universal. Now if it was a specific dish they grew up having/making in their country and some chain store made a shit ripoff version then they'll care a bit.

ah, the classic backfire-whine.

when a person feels insecure over being egregiously wrong about something for so long they have a tendency to strike back with self-induced righteousness and fury (to save face, usually).

in the case of foods these countermeasures include: professing to adore said food-item that they were being attacked over, claiming that they "just want to be left alone," and playing the victim card. All methods are usually successful, and the person and his opinion suddenly and momentously gains credence, often such that the tides of public opinion can be swayed once again.

This is basically how ""meme"" foods are created and destroyed.

I agree. I live in SoCal. Most Mexicans I know eat hamburgers over tacos anyway. Tacos are what they eat at a family get together not when they go to fast food.

I don't even think Taco Bell qualifies as Tex Mex

It's funny because there's a video of Mexicans trying taco bell for the first time and Chinese trying Panda Express for the first time, in both videos it's only the US born kids who are being arrogant while the elders said, while not the same thing, they enjoyed it

Probably because middle class American kids are entitled cunts.

Have tried Taco Bell one time, never fucking again.Don't understand how you nasty fucks enjoy it

Not related to the topic of the OP exactly, but I've been getting authentic Puebla style tacos lately and goddamn they're good, I usually get 2-3 with different fillings, my favorite so far is probably the Tilapia.

Plus the girls who work at the truck I go to are qt and have really nice hair.

I would love to try more elaborate Mexican dishes however I'm a NEETfag at the moment so I don't really have enough money.

Fat stoners like it

It's not like Mexicans can be singled out for autism. My favourite case is always Italians sperging out about traditional carbonara: a dish invented in an American kitchen in the 20th century.

It's pretty much the same with chinese food. At my university in the EE department (I say this so you know it's a decent sample size) all the foreign chinese students seem to like panda express, at least enough that I see at least one or two of them walking around with a bag of the stuff every day, while all the 2nd gen azn pride #bobalife faggots hate it.

This is just me armchair psycholigizing but I think them being gung-ho about "authentic" food is just their way of dealing with racial identity insecurities.

Fat stoner here, fuck taco bell, Im all about that Arby's

>masticating taco bell
>referring to another human as "autistic"

wew

Yo, as a mexican descendant of Yucatan, you are right.

Simplicity is key here.

I enjoy Lengua with cilantro, onion, lime, and a pinch of salt.

Tacos Americanos usually take what Is meant to be a celebration of simple and flavorful ingredients into an attempt to fill as much mex as they can to feel more authentic.

Less is certainly more here.

Wow, being bilingual is cooler online than in person.

When you achieve simple perfection, it's understandable that you would be confused when people want to dick around with it.

You can get American-style tacos fucking anywhere. They're widely avaiable and pretty tasty. You can get them in pretty much any Midwestern slum. If you're that bothered by traditional tacos, why not just go to somewhere else? It's not hard to get American tacos. Stop bitching about having options.

Nobody gives a shit if you put ketchup on your hot dog here.

nice bait.

average mexicans don't give two shits about authenticity, and average americans don't give two whirling fucks about authenticity either. spending too much time on Veeky Forums will warp your brain, but in real life most people aren't autistic and will eat whatever is tasty, cheap, and convenient. believe it or not most people don't put much thought into food at all unless they are literally starving or they have so much free time and energy to devote to a form of art that ultimately results into dropping a steaming turd into a bowl or sometimes a street. Whenever I see people get pretentious about food I laugh a little, because it doesn't matter what you cook and create. It's gonna get blown out some fuckheads ass in a day or so.

Arby's is ridiculously expensive for what you get, especially considering it's a fucking fast food place. I've been disappointed every single time I've been there

They send out coupons all the time. Those are the times when you should go.

Also, their fish sandwich is pretty good. I never get their roast beef.

kek why are you even here
If I'm gonna shit it better be composed of the best quality ingredients and properly prepared

Why lengua?

You're right about the insecurity thing, I think. It's like those middle class "La Raza" chicanos.

There was a thing on NPR about how Mexicans who grew up in the states but got deported as teens/adults actually miss shit like Taco Bell.

If it's the only asian-ish food they can get locally, they'll tend to go there rather than eat murrican food.

I wish I could consume all forms of art like I do with food. Music, photography, poetry, sculptures, oh I'd love to eat a perfect sculpture. I wish there were edible canvases of Georgian landscapes. I wish I could literally digest a Greek tragedy. I'd eat as much as I could and dump a brown steaming turd of art straight into the loo. I wish I could fucking shit on Beethovens keyboard. If food is art, then art is literal shit.

This made me laugh way too hard

Because of superiority in taste, quality and value. Plus, select locations are open late! Try the new Black Jack Taco, only 89 cents!

It's the taste that tastes you tasting it.

Tasty!

>The ones from tacobell are

the best. Yes.

This shit looks dry as all fuck. If I'm eating tacos, I might as well indulge in some Taco Bell with sour cream and fire sauce to be quite fuckin' honest with you, family.

I just feel weird eating tongue, and the other options are a lot better in my opinion

im a straight beaner but i do enjoy eating some hardshell tacos from taco bell from time to time.
>two Doritos loco taco supreme
>cheesy fiesta potatoes
>gordita crunch
hnnnnnng

It's beefier than steak, breh

To me, it had the consistency of snails

Real mexican here (inb4 wall). I don't care as long as you don't reffer to your taco bell stuff as real tacos or mexican food. We just find it weird how you need to put a lot of shit in your taco instead of just salsa to make it taste like something.

Well, see, sauces are good.

google says it's 75% fat though

>The ones from tacobell are Texmex

They aren't even authentic Texmex.

>Probably because middle class Americans are entitled cunts

ftfy, people not born into both conditions do not count.

Some people are autistic about authenticity in the US as well. Try discussing beans in chili or ketchup on anything on Veeky Forums. It's a universal things, but some individuals care about it more than other, regardless of nationality.

Most of us don't care to distinguish between regional forms of Mexican cuisine. That includes the ones from the half of our country that we just up and took from you folks. Which is where American-style fast food Mexican is ultimately derived from. Though I understand if you find that insulting, it's pretty shitty food.

BEEEEFCAAAAKKKEEEE BRRRUUUUHHHH

This, I was friends with a ton of Chinese students (Computer Science, of course) and they didn't mind Panda Express. But when it came down to it, they said authentic Chinese food was way better.

They just considered Panda Express as American food.

Do mexicans use one or two tortillas per taco?

I have to imagine two

Are you from Atlanta and just pissed off about Taco Fest?

>why do mexicans go full autism about their tacos

They don't. White try-hards do

Holy shit, ease down on the cilantro

Taco Bell is not Texmex. Fast food joints are by and large not representative of anything outside of themselves. Taco Bell especially lives up to this as their menu is full of bestial vestiges of some vague concept of something traditional somewhere.

I'm from Atlanta and I love tacos wanna meet up at Del Taco and tacobout it?

>succulent braised meats
>dry

You're a child

most foods can't stand up to the overwhelming flavor weight of ketchup; hell even strong mustard and kraut can't easily balance out ketchup on a dog.

most foods become edible ketchup delivery devices. it's just weird.

>arrocompoyo

Son of mexican born parents in the US here. I know this goes off topic a bit but man, you are right. Simple is good. Not to say there aren't some traditional complicated dishes, but some tongue or pork, cilantro, onion, lime and pinch of salt is home for me. Don't forget a pepper of some sort, though!

A bit more on topic though, Taco are so versatile, who cares. Taco bell isn't the best, but it's not garbage.

So is it true that LA has taco trucks that sell 1 dollar tacos?

And are they authentic style or greasy Tex Mex tacos?

They will NEVER be as bas as Indians.
I tried to start a food blog and posted a recipe for Butter Chicken in which I made the following substitutions

Peanut Butter instead of Ghee
Spinach for Fenugreek leaves
Green Beans instead of Cardamom pods

It still tasted delicious. Yet some Indians found my blog and spent weeks harassing me, giving me death threats etc. One started sending me rape threats with pictures of his penis in some peanut butter saying 'I rape your recipe and I rape you'. Had to shut down the blog. Mexicans wouldn't do that.

Not true. Like others have said, the only ones who really, really get assblasted about this stuff are white tryhard food truck taco connoisseurs and insecure 2nd gen. youngsters overcompensating for their lack of or confusion about their cultural/racial identity.

Who in their right mind would substitute peanut butter for ghee? You could have used any fat, and you chose a really strongly flavoured one.

I don't believe any of this.

Where don't food trucks have $1 tacos?

They're usually 2.50-3.00 here in New York

But the tacos I've had were really fucking good and had a lot of meat in them

People hate that the popular and common taco in America is flat, crunchy, and overly simple. Pretty much a tiny salad. And they charge too much for it. Why is it "autism" to not like that, again? Being defensive about the greedy aspects of fast food and other aspects of fast food isn't exactly a good merit to have.

Authenticity is literally the worst meme to have ever been born. Like, I love "real" tacos. I also like cheesey dorito shelled taco bell tacos.

As long as it tastes good and doesn't kill me, I could not care less about how authentic it is. Like just look at the history of pizza and you'll see how fucking useless authenticity is a metric for any sort of quality.

>I like cheesey dorito shelled taco bell tacos
>As long as it tastes good and doesn't kill me

Amerifats - why you all disgusting slobs?
Why you post on cooking board if you only care about stuffing your obese body with enormous amounts of food?

>This shit looks dry as all fuck.

You really should get out more. I look at that image and I *know* that it's not dry, because I've actually had food that looked and tasted as good as that. You haven't.

It's the same with Americans who boast about medium-rare steak, and New Yorkers who argue over pizza. Comments over the internet, in a relevant thread, does not reflect whether or not they are truly passionate about whether or not authentic tacos are better than Taco Bell's.

>I just feel weird eating tongue

It makes you feel weird? I don't understand. I stopped being icked out by food when I grew up. That's like me eating a chicken thigh and being disgusted that it was once covered with saggy skin and feathers and would wiggle about as the dirty chicken ran about. It's the same line of thinking.

>To me, it had the consistency of snails

You know you're "that person", right? The person who tries a food once, at a shitty restaurant or after a terrible attempt by someone to cook it, and then dismisses it for the rest of their life. There are different ways to prepare tongue, and most don't have the consistency of snail.

>ah, the classic backfire-whine.
>when a person feels insecure over being egregiously wrong about something for so long they have a tendency to strike back with self-induced righteousness and fury (to save face, usually).

I don't know why this mentality always goes side-by-side with those who are insane about Taco Bell.

Absolutely not. You're comparing Americans who grew up around these fast food chains and the tastes of someone who is trying it for the first time, as a novelty. What a atrocious display of cowardliness to dismiss them as "entitled cunts".

Those are honestly some dumb fucking substitutions
You should be ashamed for posting such a recipe and deserved your ridicule

>Everyone rants and raves about corn tortillas
>Feel persecuted because I think flour tortillas are better in every single situation.

>implying it's actually mexicans who are like that and not infact american tards

mexicans are petty shit people.

Film at 11

Nothing wrong with having a preference

I love corn tortillas but I have no problem with flour

Mexican here. It's not about the configuration of tortilla and toppings/meats... It's all about the salsa. Serving a Mexican tacos with no salsa is like eating mash potatoes without gravy.

If I were to eat taco bell tacos I would dress it like sopes, but in the crunchy taco shell and put a good salsa on it.

Crunchy taco shell>refried beans>meat>lettuce>cheese>cream>salsa

I never said I would never have tongue again, I just don't see the point of having it when the other taco fillings are the same price, and in my opinion, taste a lot better and have a better consistency

And trust me, I'm not picky at all

i like both pork tacos with cilantro and onion with some lime squeezed on and mystery beef tacos from taco bell doused in shitty hot sauce.

I mean, I much prefer real Mexican but taco bell is fine when it's 3AM and I'm drunk

Are tacos enchiladas and tacos carnitas both pork? What's the difference?

Carnitas is certainly pork.

Enchiladas could be nearly anything. It's simply a filling wrapped in a tortilla and then topped with a sauce. The filling could be any kind of meat, as well as cheese or even vegetables. It's a type of dish, not a specific recipe.

But enchiladas as a taco filling?

Goddamn though, just talking about this shit is making me want tacos

One, those small double-tortilla tacos serve two purposes; Making sure the cute little taco doesn't fall apart, serving you more carbs rather than protein to make you feel full (the fact that they're lightly cooked in oil/meat fat helps this as well).
If we make home-made tortillas they tend to be thick as fuck so we don't have the problem of the babby tortillas falling apart like the ones you get from vendors.

>But enchiladas as a taco filling?

I've never heard of such a thing.

Going back to:>> tacos enchiladas
That's nonsensical. It's like saying "soup roast". Tacos and enchiladas are distinct dishes.

>>and tacos carnitas
That would be a taco containing shredded braised pork.

I like the two tortillas though, and the place I go to doesn't skip on the meat

I could have sworn the taco truck I go to had that listed as a filling. I'll ask them next time what it is.

It's not a tiny salad, it's a reconfigured hamburger. The meat is hamburger with cumin (a spice rarely used in Mexico), the toppings are the typical crappy cheese product, lettuce and tomato and sour cream instead of mayo. Everything in Taco Bell is a variation of that. Some have nasty bean paste, or substitute the shell thing with a bread. Most Mexicans I know don't care about it and many that live in the USA will eat Taco Bell/Del Taco without worrying if it's authentic or not.

I love flour tortillas, especially the thin ones with little spots of char typical of my area, but given a choice between mass produced types, I usually prefer corn.

They're probably just saying served like an enchilada in that there's a lot of sauce over the top.

Yeah the double tortilla is very common in Mexico too if you buy tacos, I was just referring to when we make them at home. We love the cute little babby tortillas too. If they're not skipping on the meat then you can make an extra taco out of the meat that falls out!

I eat Taco Bell. I also acknowledge that it's shitty food.

Oh wow I didn't think to do that, lol

There's always meat that falls out, but I don't think it would be enough to carry a whole taco

When a cuisine leaves it's place of origin and becomes incredibly popular in foreign lands it changes into something different, to those living in the country of origin. In America this has happened with Chinese,Italian and Mexican food. Most restaurants that serve these cuisines serve heavily Americanized versions of them. But we do have places that serve regional cuisines of these countries. And those places will take pains to distinguish themselves from places serving Americanized food. Because some Americans aren't even aware these distinctions exist.

>doubling up the tortillas

You're right. In Puebla cuisine carne enchilada is spiced pork.

All the good places near me do this.