Who /wholefoods/ in here?

who /wholefoods/ in here?

Cheap ass free range eggs and milk. I love it.

>Meme Foods

>Using "memes" as an excuse to not like things.

> the whole foods meme

i'm not the kind of guy who hates on a good meme, but there is no reason to make a habit out of shopping there.

as for its implied higher quality, which i doubt, i was always told that a good craftsman never blames his tools. I can cook happily with groceries from Food4Less.

Whole Foods is a meme. Trader Joe's is a meme. Chipotle's a meme. Quinky sauce is a meme. This board has turned into The Smurfs.

it is an acceptable usage of "meme" as a noun modifier here

Soccer-mom-foods:
>shit selection
>caters to people who pretend to love food but can't cook, hence the hot food section
>REALLY shit selection
>overpriced memes everywhere

decent deli and wine section, also desu the hot food and the smoothie bar is pretty fab

actually in retrospect I kinda like whole foods.

You're defining grammar on Veeky Forums, instead of just shitting on posts you don't like? What happened to the sarcasm, man?

More like whole paycheck am I right fellas

Heheh aww shit man yeah

Omg sooooo rekt

their pizza was a complete disappointment.

I buy 3 or 4 things and it's an automatic 30 + bucks. Total rip off but great prepared foods if you want a quick meal

Their burger meal is cheap and dank as fuck.

how hard is it to steal food? i always thought you had to pay for pizza at the deli but then one day my friend goes on a stealing spree there and also gets a slice of pizza and eats it while shopping around for stuff to steal

I never hear anything positive about Whole Foods except about their prepared foods. Why the fuck am I going to a grocery store to get nothing but prepared foods? If it's a takeout night I'm not going to pretend. I'm going to a takeout place.

I needed some chapstick one time so i swung by whole foods like a block from my apartment, and the lady at the cash register just told me to take it when i came up to pay. She probably thought i was poor or some shit lol..

Well it is a blue board

Ask a whole foods employee anything

kys my man

I actually work at whole foods in the prepared foods department. The food tastes decent but overpriced as fuck. Ive seen people pay over $100 buying dinner and I'm just like why?? My store is located in a higher income area so most of the customers are rich af but still...learn to cook!

my department is one of the top performing in the region so we must be doing something right lol.

what department do you work in?

the american definition of "free range" is a doggy door on the chicken coop that can lead to some small patch of shitty grass

t. chicken farmer

It's hard to shop at whole foods when based HEB is just down the street. Just picked up pic related. How'd I do Veeky Forums?

>My store is located in a higher income area so most of the customers are rich af

The people who tend to stay rich are the ones who are good with money. Spending $100 on a grocery store prepackaged dinner is not being good with money.

Looks pretty good. Those HEB pre-seasoned meats are actually very good. This would probably cost twice as much at Whole Foods, though it would be organic and grass fed if that matters to you

>he isn't /NaturalGrocers/

you gona make kalbi?

looks good, though i've never bought preseasoned stuff like that.

serious question though, what are you gonna do with the crosscut ribs? i've never even seen that at the store, and i make ribs on my smoker regularly.

what are you going to do with those beef ribs?

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but I buy crosscut short ribs often, usually for Kalbi/Galbi (a Korean dish). Marinade them in apple juice, ginger, soy, honey, and garlic. Then grill briefly over very high heat.

My local butcher tells me that a similar recipe is popular with Mexicans, though I would assume they use a different kind of marinade.

there's a place similar here in victoria canada called thrifty foods, good meat prices and they have canned san marzano tomatoes, which I need for pasta sauce. there are also whole foods in canada but only in the big cities.

Yeah I'll be making galbi. Can't wait

Grocery. As to what the other guy said, you see a lot people come to shop at wholefoods who don't care and or don't want to cook. At my store their Department makes the most money.

Just quit that shit place last week. >Feels good man

Lmao i worked in that department. Do not eat any of that shit. Not clean, no standards, and overfuckingpriced. I'd how many times I've seen cooks wipe their nose with their gloves still on or them sneezing into their hands and continue to cook with them. They are terrible about spoiling out the old food. Especially if your whole foods has a kikka (sushi) station, steer clear of it because they got in trouble so many times for violating health codes. Bugs and mold have been found in the prepared foods multiple times by customers.

my wife told me that her gf endured whole foods training for new hires. according to her, there's a bunch of propaganda against TJs and a whole lot of emphasis on dulce et decorum.

when this same girl worked at TJs, the training was all about "being yourself," and creating a "chillaxed atmosphere" for their customers.

i love TJs, but their cult of personality and ads scare the hell outta me

Eh, the co-op is a shorter bike ride. I'd rather support local if I'm going to spend too much on food.

Would if I was a literal millionaire that was lazy/couldn't cook.

Pretty useless if you actually know how to cook though.

>there are people too poor on this board to do all their shopping exclusively at whole foods

disgusting desu senpai

I get their ready made meals sometimes
I don't shop there for groceries too often though

weird. Last night, I literally had a dream where someone told me to kill myself on Veeky Forums... and whaddaya know? it came true lol

in the dream though I was all butthurt but I laughed when I read your post.

/blog