Why Do Vegans Pretend They're Healthy Eaters?

Vegan couple sentenced to life over baby's death

nbcnews.com/id/18574603/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/vegan-couple-sentenced-life-over-babys-death/#.Vyk6t0cwB1A

> ATLANTA — A vegan couple were sentenced Wednesday to life in prison for the death of their malnourished 6-week-old baby boy, who was fed a diet largely consisting of soy milk and apple juice.

>Superior Court Judge L.A. McConnell imposed the mandatory sentences on Jade Sanders, 27, and Lamont Thomas, 31. Their son, Crown Shakur, weighed just 3 1/2 pounds when he died of starvation on April 25, 2004.

>The couple were found guilty May 2 of malice murder, felony murder, involuntary manslaughter and cruelty to children. A jury deliberated about seven hours before returning the guilty verdicts.

>Defense lawyers said the first-time parents did the best they could while adhering to the lifestyle of vegans, who typically use no animal products. They said Sanders and Thomas did not realize the baby, who was born at home, was in danger until minutes before he died.

>But prosecutors said the couple intentionally neglected their child and refused to take him to the doctor even as the baby’s body wasted away.

If your homo lifestyle can't keep a baby alive, then it isn't healthy.

Other urls found in this thread:

local12.com/news/offbeat/prison-for-parents-who-fed-hot-dog-smoothies-to-starving-boy-6-04-24-2016
youtu.be/xqdHiAuQSho?t=40s
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A vegan diet could keep a baby alive, but you'd have to give it supplements and shit.

Wut? Why didn't she breastfeed the baby?

There is no causal relationship here between veganism and the baby's death. The baby still would have died had they given it a single drop of cow milk a day. According to the vegan religion, it would then no longer be vegan. So therefore, any mentioning of veganism is poor journalism, and this thread is a shitpost.

Autism.exe

I have in fact been diagnosed with autism, although this does not render my analysis invalid.

Nigga.

Nigga pls.

Do vegans see breastfeeding as use of an animal product or some shit? Why would you give a baby soy milk??

don't ever think you're opinion matters

we can see your autism in the way you people talk and write, we just disregard everything you say

Why would a baby need supplements?

Except the verdict ruled that the parents were at fault, not their diet. The problem was that they were retarded vegans, not that they were vegans.

Nigga stop

this. i love how people are still cherrypicking stories

It's crazy how two people could have a child and watch it become lethargic without taking it to a hospital to find answers. No baby just lays there.

I'm genuinely interested in knowing the answer to this.

>They said Sanders and Thomas did not realize the baby, who was born at home, was in danger until minutes before he died.

sounds legits

It's entirely possible that the mother's own poor diet meant that she didn't produce enough milk. You'll also see that in E.g. anorexics.

>The problem was that they were retarded vegans

There's no need to be redundant.

You sure do have selective reading comprehension.

Look at the first sentence, faggitron. If the point of the article wasn't to point to their veganism as an underlying cause of their crime, why would they specifically point out multiple times that the parents were vegan?

Alright.

Well, I hope they enjoy their Nutraloaf.

Vegetarian diet + fish lowered my blood pressure to optimum levels, decreased my heart rate to healthy resting levels, and regulated my bowel movements. It's not ALL fraud

Is no one going to mention the name of the baby

His name is Robert Paulson

Baby needs a lot more than 1 drop.

Can't name children when there's a crime involved.

>Crown Shakur

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

Good for that kid, smart enough to commit suicide and spare himself a nigger name and vegan whacko parents.

Do supplements grow on trees? Can I grow them in a garden? Do they come from the land?

You can take a man's heart out and keep him alive with a pumping machine, but that ain't healthy neither. Just because you could survive like that with modern medicine doesn't make it healthy.

some of them come from the land (or all of them do, because that's where everything comes from)

why would that matter, though? please don't tell me you've bought into that idiotic fallacy

read the fuckin article the name is right there

bitch didn't even read the article you must also be named
>crown shakur

She didn't want to train the child to exploit other animals for its own nourishment.

And look how that turned out

The irony here is that this post is used as propaganda against vegans. Something non-vegans often accuse vegans of taking part in.

Just stop and think for a second. Was this the fault of inept parents? Or was it the fault of a vegan lifestyle?
If the latter, then would you be able to state what magical property found in flesh, dairy, and eggs that would have prevented this babies ill health?
Because as far as I know everything can be obtained without those things and live a vibrant, healthy long life.

Also yes, breast milk is vegan between the mother and her child, and very vital for a babies health.

>Was this the fault of inept parents? Or was it the fault of a vegan lifestyle?

I'm not sure there is a distinction here. The problem was fundamentally that the child was fed an inappropriate diet. Were the parents not vegan they likely would not have fed the child such a poor diet.

A growing child's body is not the place to play around with diets that arbitrarily exclude so many foods, and IMHO it's irresponsible at best and murder at worst to feed a child that bad of a diet. Let the child decide for him/herself if they want to go vegan or not when he/she is old enough to understand the implications of that choice.

>the vegan diet works the baby couldnt handle it.

>muh no true Scotsman
You proven you are a fatso that probably ate high sodium and fried foods or with a lot of meat.
You also probably gad a lot of other factors also.
If you balance your diet you'll be healthier. Duh

According to your post it was inept parents. And also by your post you can say the same thing about diets that include animal products. Let the child decide when they are older if they truly want to include them.

All of the information is out there on how to live a very healthy life eating fruits, vegetables, tubers, whole grains, nuts and seeds. The fault here is that the parents were falling into the orthorexic/purity mindset, which is the fault of the parents themselves, not a vegan/plant based diet.

>Jade Sanders, 27, and Lamont Thomas, 31.
>Crown Shakur, weighed just 3 1/2 pounds when he died of starvation on April 25, 2004.
>April 25, 2004

What so this happened 12 years ago? So was the woman 15 at the time or what?

>homo lifestyle
>Married heterosexual couple
Absolute retard.
Also this story is over 12 years old.
OP confirmed for double shitcunt.

My diet is perfectly healthy, said the vegan. Just because my spawn and I would die in nature unless we drink soylent proton supplement every day and we're entirely dependent on powdered vegan proton supps doesn't mean we're unhealthy. everyone should go vegan, even though cats and small children can die from it and you need to live within 10 miles of a whole foods or you'll die of protein deficiency without your supps.

Naturalism may be a fallacy, but creating a dependency on a certain type of supplement just to enable you to survive your chosen diet DOES mean you have a shit diet. It's no different than fatties eating a diet of cake and lard and then needing insulin injections. "Are you saying injected insulin dependency is bad because it's unnatural, user, you know that's a fallacy right? hue hue hue I'm so smart."

According to their post, it was both. You fucking idiot.

Malnutrition from a vegan diet killed the kid. The parents put him on the diet.

>posting 9-year-old news stories

It seems the issue here is less about veganism and more about general idiocy. A baby should be consuming nothing but breastmilk or formula for the first 4 months.

Nigga are you serious?

Wow, where to begin. I guess I'm taking this bait.

For starters no one, including vegans, needs processed soy products to live a healthy and fit life. This includes soylent, soy milk, tofu, etc.

No one needs protein powders of any kind as well to live a healthy and fit life. This ties into the "protein deficiency" myth. Not only by eating WHOLE plant foods do you get adequate protein amounts to have proper muscle and body function, but also plenty for building new muscle and gaining strength. Do you even know what protein deficiency is? It isn't "hurr durr you are skinny."
You also don't need to live near a Whole Foods, Sprouts, Henry's, AJ's or any other health food store. You can get a plethora of healthy, complete foods from Wal-Mart if you so choose.

What do cats have to do with veganism? Small children (humans) have lived healthy lives on a vegan/plant based diet for centuries. You can also die from all sorts of other diets which are not vegan, so they must be deadly as well?

Ignorance and arrogance is an awful combination. I suggest you get to reading up on health and nutrition.

Wrong.
You are under the assumption that vegan=/=malnutrition. Which is absolutely wrong. The child could be malnourished on a diet including animal products as well. Surely you see the flawed implications here.

> forcing a baby to eat fucking artificial supplements to stay alive

this is no "moral" lifestyle.
this is plain torture.

local12.com/news/offbeat/prison-for-parents-who-fed-hot-dog-smoothies-to-starving-boy-6-04-24-2016

>But meat iz da healthy! The peepul on da teevee sed so!

You want to cherry pick?

>muh cherry picking is better than your cherry picking
Shit posting.

Except it's not, the point here is that it's a matter of inept parents, not a vegan diet.

strawman.jpg

Why are the parebts forcing a vegan diet on a babay?
>It's a strawman for calling out cherry picking.
Wut?

In what manner is a baby eating a perfectly palatable diet "forcing"? Part of being a parent is deciding for your child what they consume. Whether the baby eats vegan or animal products neither is more forced than the other.

how the hell did this baby die?
not the guy you're responding to.

As far as centuries go, pretty much no one has done that shit ever. tons of "Vegan" life style cultures eat animal protien from insects in their rice. this isn't comparable to cows and shit, but it obviously helps to have smaller sources of animal protien.

Anyone would be malnourished on soy milk and applejuice.

Missing crucial fiber, trace fats and minerals that they would otherwise get consuming whole plant foods and mothers milk.
Protein worries are nonexistent if consuming adequate calories from whole plant foods, and in this case mothers milk. The notion that the inclusion of animal products is required and necessary to meet protein needs is a myth and misinformation.

A 6-week-old shouldn't be consuming any plants either. Mother's milk or formula only.

This.

Infants cannot live on a vegan diet. Babies require milk or formula. All other arguments involving an older child or adult's nutritional requirements are irrelevant. This is not uncommon knowledge. For whatever reasons, intents, or lack thereof, the parents were criminally negligent towards their child and were responsible for its death, so deemed by the jury. There is no excuse for not taking a severely underweight baby to a doctor. Ever. This thread is stupid.

Why the fuck the parents do it. It would be human breast milk, not that of an animal. No factory would release toxic chemicals in the air, no animal would be killed, mistreated, or harmed. You just have to let the baby suck on your tit.

Why.

>vegans
>logic
Pick one and one only

I never mentioned a 6 week old. I'm referring to babies as a whole, not day 1 birth, I actually agree. Sorry if the opposite was implied.

Human breastmilk is vegan. These are simply incompetent parents, and plenty of vegan mothers do in fact breastfeed their children.

Not all of them?

Nope, more often than not those apart of the orthorexic and purist crowd. These things don't inherently mean that they will be against it, but from what I've seen they are more likely.

However I would say minimum 70% agree with human breastmilk. Though that's a really conservative figure.

vegans are subhuman similar to africans and aboriginals

>vegans aren't allowed to breastfeed their kids because it "exploits another for their product"

See

Does toothpaste grow on trees?

Is it OK for vegans to eat a baby that died of natural causes?

Technically it would be vegan, yes. However that doesn't stop it from being royally fucked up, same for any other animal.

Most sane people find no attraction to doing such acts, not just vegans.

>lots of fresh vegetables and beans occasionally supplemented by dairy or meat.
The areas with people that live the longest usually follow this diet.

Highly underrated post

yes and no meat eaters ever neglected their child... never ever happened

>technically it would be vegan

No it wouldnt you dumbass

>natural fallacy
It isn't a formal fallacy.

It's only fallacious depending on the context.
Appeal to nature isn't a watertight argument but can be used to support an argument alongside other examples.

So where do you get your B12?

One can be a faggot and be straight, for example yourself. Also, how does the age of the story invalidate it?

From genetically engineered yeast, of course. JUST LIKE HOW MY ANCESTORS DID.

Meat wasn't the primary source of B12 either, which by the way is supplemented in our modern world.
It was from fresh water sources (which we no longer have the ability to properly process without ill health), dirty vegetation (which is very uncommon to find in grocery stores due to health regulations, as well as a hyper clean society), as well as feces (which would be found in/on soil as well as our hands, and yet again due to hyper clean society).
So it's either take your choice of methylcobalamin/cyanocobalamin, or have an animal be injected with said supplements, and then eat that.

Neither is natural, yet taking the supplement on its own is the better option all around.
If we wanted to get back to our roots we would have to have a large scale, very long term shift in the way we drink water and process, as well as eat our food so that we readjust.

>I want shit in my food and water

Nowhere in there does it say that I wanted that.

Yes, pescatarians are typically the healthiest people, in terms of dietary health at least.

big difference from veganism though.

I don't really care if someone goes vegan or not as an adult, it's their call. I sympathize with a lot of their reasoning, as the current way we raise animals for food is horrid and unsustainable, with way too much of the world's landmass contributing to feed way too much livestock, which produce way too many byproducts, ect, ect. It's a huge shitshow. All we'd have to do is cut back a bit, show some self discipline and not just shovel meat into our faces every meal, and the problems would correct themselves.

But people are incapable of taking personal responsibility for the state of the world, or policing their own behavior, or even doing literally anything other than being hedonists. Thus radical counter-cultures such as modern veganism appear out of the woodwork to try and take a stand. But no amount of extremism is going to fix the problem.

That isn't a Scotsman argument, that's true. It is entirely possible to keep a baby alive on a vegan or vegetarian diet. In fact, vegan and veggie baby formulas are easily available.

The baby died because they didn't fucking feed it. This was the prosecution's argument, and the verdict. The bottle they found was rancid, filthy, and disused. They just tossed him some soymilk and other bullshit instead of breastmilk, proper formula, or any other number of nutrient rich, baby-approved things. But they barley fucking fed the poor child.

Because their ideology led in part to their mistreatment of their child. Though it was not the cause of the death of their child, mistreatment was. As has been pointed out multiple times in this thread, veggie/vegan baby formula is not hard to come by, and is approved as real, nutritious food.

Had they been meat eaters, orthodox jews, Muslims, fucking African tribesmen who only eat proteins and fats, or 3 star chefs, the baby still would have died under their care and feeding habits.

A baby is poorly adapted to any unprocessed natural foods, it wants food pre-processed by a chemical plant.

It wants literally whatever contains the necessary nutrients it needs to survive and grow properly. Whether this is obtained by vegan or purely fucking carnivorous means makes no difference.

they could have fed the baby non-dairy formula like most people with lactose intolerant infants do. they could have been raw vegan but then again most raw vegans believe in breast feeding.

youtu.be/xqdHiAuQSho?t=40s

How do you guys call people that don't eat meat but are okay with fish, eggs, milk, etc?

Mediterranean

home birth should be a crime.

>freak incident happens in 2004
>carnists can't stop freaking out about it in 2016
How many carnists have condemmed their children to a life of obesity and heart disease by force-feeding them tendies for 3 meals a day?

Cretins

Technically, people who don't eat meat but do eat milk/cheese/eggs are ovo-lacto vegetarians. People who eat fish would be considered pescatarians.

But try and call either one a vegetarian (even though both are a sub-set of vegetarianism) on this board and a bunch of autists will shit their pants and have a fit about it.

are you guys dumb or something

this case doesn't actually have anything to do with being vegan at all its just a sensationalist headline

almost all baby food is made from plants if you didn't notice

these people were obviously just very stupid and out of touch with reality

When a vegan says "I dont drink milk because the process is harmful to animals" they mean cows being hooked up to machines which is unnatural.

This couple... for some unknown reason.... believe that organisms as a whole shouldnt feed from their mothers milk... the milk that is naturally made... for the child by the body.

Op... these people are flat out retarded.

On another note. Much like cows...

The human digestive system develops as you age to not need milk and rely mainly on a plant based diet.

Yes the body has evolved around and can readily digest and gain nutrients from animal meat and produce. BUT

these sources of food are associated with cancer and disease. People in places of the world who do not eat anything but plants tend to live longer.

This is why im vegan.. i want to be on the earth a little longer to see a little more things.

I wish you'd stop being vegan. We don't want you around very long.

OWtheEDGE.jpg

toastin in a roll bread

because their shit lifestyle can't keep it alive otherwise.

Not that they don't deserve it but how does one death net three different killing charges? That seems like a misuse of the law.

>vegetarian diet + meat

M8

You should delete that image.