Going to Atlanta soon for some training, anywhere there I just HAVE to eat at? Nothing fancy...

Going to Atlanta soon for some training, anywhere there I just HAVE to eat at? Nothing fancy, I'm travelling alone and don't like eating alone in nice sit down restaurants. I'm thinking something along the lines of a good burger dive, pizza joint, food truck, or diner. Something good and low key where things won't be awkward.

Gonna go ahead and get this one out of the way.......

*Niggers*

Yes, we all know.

Other urls found in this thread:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60898-d809894-Reviews-Highland_Bakery-Atlanta_Georgia.html
yelp.com/biz/highland-bakery-atlanta
zomato.com/atlanta/highland-bakery-old-fourth-ward
ga.healthinspections.us/georgia/search.cfm?1=1&f=s&r=name&s=highland bakery&inspectionType=&sd=04/04/2016&ed=05/04/2016&useDate=NO&county=Fulton
youtube.com/watch?v=Ae5Y0gpDDac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Chicken n wafles cracka

Which part?

Six Feet Under is really good. Nothing super special about it, but just really good American Bar type food that is always cooked perfectly.

I'll be in the Conley area but would like to go a day or two early to see the city a little bit.

The Varsity, greatest cultural achievement of Atlanta.

Also I'll (presumably) have a car the whole time, they are paying for a rental to get there. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they take the car away once I'm there.

Never personally been, but Highland Bakery @ their 655 Highland Ave location is supposed to be one of that city's best bakeries for fresh bread and sweets (notably their peanut butter french toast). They go so far as to mill all of their own flour from grains on-site. Reviews are pretty good and they got a Health Inspection score of 98 back in January.
tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60898-d809894-Reviews-Highland_Bakery-Atlanta_Georgia.html
yelp.com/biz/highland-bakery-atlanta
zomato.com/atlanta/highland-bakery-old-fourth-ward
ga.healthinspections.us/georgia/search.cfm?1=1&f=s&r=name&s=highland bakery&inspectionType=&sd=04/04/2016&ed=05/04/2016&useDate=NO&county=Fulton

They were profiled here @ 4:45:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ae5Y0gpDDac

PART 1
The Varsity is over-priced piles of grease on a sketchy road. Don't waste the time or money. Six Feet Under is where you take your parents: totally inoffensive, slightly gimmicky, totally unmemorable. If you're over on Memorial, just drive like 30 yards down the road and go to Augustine's. It's better, but Atlanta still has better food to offer.

For cheap, good divey food, I'd spend time around East Atlanta Village.

The Earl is a dive bar and venue that has pretty fucking solid sandwiches and you can always get shit house drunk for like $15 there.

Elder Tree is an Irish pub and is across the street from the Earl. They have really good, legit Irish food. Not gimmicky at all. Great place to go to alone. I do it all the time,

We Suki Suki makes absolutely delicious bahn mis, and they cost like $5. Go with the BBQ pork sandwich all the way. Note that this place is only open till I think 4 pm.

Over towards Little Five Points and Candler Park area, I'd suggest the Porter Beer Bar. Really amazingly huge selection of beer and totally solid food. Maybe a little bit more expensive than other places I've listed.

Also in Little Fives is Elmyr which is a hipster infested dive bar that sells fucking good burritos (go Pad Thai burrito. trust me) you can smoke inside, and they sell my favorite dive bar invention, the Griz. A Griz is a tiny Corona with a shot of tequila poured in the neck. You can drink about 75 of these and get a burrito and still pay under $20.

I swear that's the most overrated place I've ever been. It's like they don't even try.

PART 2
Down the road a little ways from Little Fives is the Candler Park Market. It's just a little grocery store, but at in the back is a fucking awesome deli with really good sandwiches. The market itself also sells pretty good beers.

I'm assuming you'll be staying in Midtown or god forbid, Downtown, so I'll throw some suggestions for that neck of the woods.

Midtown basically sucks for what you're asking. There are some pretty good high-end places, but nothing cheap that would feel natural to be alone at. I kinda hate Midtown. It's full of corporate shit restaurants. It's redeeming quality is West Midtown.

In West Midtown you can get an amazing sandwich at Star Provisions. There's also Takorea, a shitty little place that sells tacos with Korean style food in them. It's pretty solid. Do not go to the one in Midtown. It's super lame and you'd feel weird as fuck sitting by yourself there. The west side also has my favorite dive bar, Northside Tavern. It's a terrible, dirty shit hole that doesn't even sell food, but it is legit as fuck due to music that is played there. Someone is pretty much always playing the blues there and it's super fun. It's a good place if you're trying to have an interesting night.

The West Side also has another of my favorite bars, Elliot Street Pub. Somehow, this place has not yet been invaded by hipster douches. This place is legit as fuck. Tiny little bar, real ass juke box, it's frequented by lots of construction worker types, and they sell some fucking amazing sandwiches. If you pick one place, come here.
That's all I can think of right now. I'll post more if I think of anything else.

Uncultured swine!

I have a cousin who works at Elmyr, their green burritos are fucking amazing. Also second the porter. I live north of town closer to Duluth, its a Korean food haven. If you want to throw down some cash for some quality meat, go to Honey Pig or Iron Age. Both are essentially right off 85 and both have killer korean bbq. For the best Thai Ive ever eaten, theres a place in snellville called Dan Thai. The owner is a really down to earth nice guy and the food is amazing for the price/location. There are pretty good mexican places everywhere you look desu, and if youre going to be legit in the thick of downtown and youre at the peachtree mall, go to turmeric. Best shitty food court indian food I've ever eaten.

Lee's Bakery is legit as fuck. I still recommend We Suki Suki over Lee's, just do to the fact that Lee's Bakery is all the way out on Buford Highway, and We Suki Suki is closer to the city. Both are awesome though.

Buford Highway has so much really awesome ethnic food ranging from Szechuan style Chinese, awesome Thai food, to Korean BBQ, to a lot of good Latin food. It's kinda hard to navigate without experience though.

Also has Crawfish Shack, which has the best boiled snow crab legs I've ever had.

There's some decent stuff in/around krog street. Superica is good mexican style food. Anticos pizza is well worth it but I think they have limited food so you have to go when they open.

There's a very good little greek place, nick's, that doesn't look like much, but is one of my favorite places to eat when I'm up there.

Sounds great, making a note of this one. If its a true bakery maybe I can stock up on some goods to keep in the hotel if those pricks take my rental car once I get there.

Lots of good info, thanks m8. I won't be downtown, I'll be around the Conley area. Highly doubt I'll be out boozin because of early mornings, but you never know. Any good safe bars to grab a drink around where I'll be staying? Also thanks, thats a lot of info so I'll save the post for if I have time to get out and about once I'm there.

Oh, also Octopus Bar is an awesome late night Asian spot inside of a place called SoBa. It's restaurant industry oriented and opens at 10pm, but it's good as fuck, if a little pricey. I eat there by myself all the time. Get salt and pepper shrimp, and their ramen. They also do pretty solid cocktails.

No sweat man. I probably wouldn't try to do much in Conley. That's the middle of no where. Black as fuck too, if I'm thinking of the right place. Almost everyone from Clayton county is black as fuck.

Yea, looks like boonies truck stop purgatory on google earth. I don't think I'll have much of any free time at all but I've never been to Atlanta and would like to go to at least one good place before training.

Here are the restaurants on my must-eat list

>Fat Mat''s BBQ
>Big Apple Inn
>Taco Veloz
>Holeman and Finch
>Home Grown
>Colonnade
>Morelli's Ice Cream
>Waikikie Hawaiin BBQ
>Buttermilk Kitchen
>Busy Bee's
>Urban Cannibals
>Bell Street Burritos
>Debbie's Delights

And for the love of God, avoid The Varsity. It's nothing but an overpriced tourist trap.

Vortex has become has become a pretty popular meme tourist place but it's actualy really great. Great burgers, best wings, can smoke inside. The busy and most famous location is in 5points, other location is little bit more chill but and easier to get a seat but little 5 points is worth a visit for the experience. Mini redneck portland

This.

I hit Vortex a few years ago while I was in town, had a Zombie Apocalypse.

Burger w/
>Texas toast
>pulled pork
>over easy eggs
>BBQ sauce
>bacon, probably
>some other stuff

Good beer selection, too.

Also notable is a Chicken and Waffles place named after some old jazz singers, IIRC. If anyone knows, thank you.

It was Gladys Knight's Signature Chicken & Waffles

In hindsight, it wasn't amazing, but certainly interesting.

That's another overpriced tourist trap, user.

did you have a chili dog?

i would tell you to go to Manuel's Tavern in the Highlands, but it is closed for renovations.

Do coke with hipsters in estoria

as a native atl person varsity sucks super bad, its a tourist trap. vortex has good burgers but i think its overrated as well. i prefer grind house burgers.
best restaurant in Atlanta is el myr if you like dive bars with good Mexican food.

That's a long winded way of saying you're a nigger.

i liked the food at dantanas by the dome. I went there a few times

The Varsity is fucking nasty desu

>Alabaman detected

Fuck off subhuman.

>anyone from Atlanta
>calling anyone else a subhuman