The instructions says to leave the plastic film while baking it in the oven. Anyone have experience with this?

The instructions says to leave the plastic film while baking it in the oven. Anyone have experience with this?

you'd probably get better results by taking the film off and covering it with foil. but since it's a pre-made Stouffers product, "better" is relative.

Why the fuck are you even buying a shitty microwave dinner if you don't even own a microwave?

just do whatver they say unless it's adding extra topping to frozen pizza

I broke the microwave.
I threw one of these in for 5 minutes without adding water. That was a bad day. Even worse it was one of those microwaves that matched the oven aesthetically. Even even worse it was my mother's husband's microwave.
Even even even worse is I'm 27 years old.

Veeky Forums is full of great people

>I threw one of these in for 5 minutes without adding water.

Leaving the film on is fine, just seems to prevent the lasagna from drying out. You can probably check it after maybe 50 minutes to see if it is too watery or if the cheese isn't browning as much as you'd like it to, and take the film off. Or if you want to add extra cheese you can peel off the film to one side, then cover it again after adding cheese.

> Anyone have experience with this?

Yes, a buddy gave me a bunch of Stouffer’s meals as he’s trying to get his parents to eat better and looted their kitchen and let me tell you, that stuff will have you shitting 10x per day!

Never again, my digestive system was still fucked up a week after they were gone...

Also, those meals are loaded with salt, the minimum is 25% of the daily recommended amount and many of them are 50-60%!

Their french bread pizzas on the other hand, are pretty good.

I was wondering this too earlier today.

>this is my weakness. I know what I'm doing to my body, but I can't help it.

>impulse buy something out of the frozen food section
>get it home
>excited to cook it
>OVEN BAKE ONLY DO NOT MICROWAVE

The film won't melt, there are many film-grade plastics that can take well over the oven temp needed to heat up your shitty dinner.

t. guy who works in this field

I imagine this moment to be the peak of your life.

> pour contents into a container or bowl
> microwave
Are you that fucking stupid?

My dad once made one of these things in a microwave because we didn't have any gas
It was completely cold in the inside and burning in the outside

That's because he didn't do the second half at 50% power. Your dad is a retard and hopefully dead.

>oh no, a meal that is supposed to be half of my daily caloric intake has half of my daily salt intake aswell

O lordy its a fr

Nah, it wasn't this brand. It was oven only. It was precooked so it's not like I could get sick but still disgusting

>Boxed lasagna
>Not preparing homemade lasagna with fresh basil, buffalo mozzarella, and sugo from tomatoes you grew in your own garden

Fuck, it must suck to be a flyover.

>Microwaving anything

Stop.

>The instructions says to leave the plastic film while baking it in the oven. Anyone have experience with this?
It works. Cook stuff in the oven (and microwave) with those directions in the past. It probably isn't utterly healthy as you'll see the plastic can get a little cooked on the edges, but since this is tomato-y, and acidic, no foil leaching metal into your food.

If you had a glass pyrex with lid, and this was going to be part of a regular rotation of bought and cooked food? Might transfer it t an appropriate cooking vessel, or else a dish deep enough to foil the top and not actually touch the food for long with the foil.
You will be removing the steam trap once the center is heated through the frozen block, and finish it up without a lid anyway to brown.

Best stouffers purchase = Welsh rarebit, and maybe the chipped beef. Delicious when toasting up some crusty sourdough, or making some biscuits. Totally comfort freezer snack on hand.

That would be the day your mom agreed to the abortion and decided to only do anal from then on.