Other urls found in this thread:

caltech.edu/news/microbes-help-produce-serotonin-gut-46495
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Vicodin
Percocet
Spaghetti and Meatballs

Not eating

Jell-O shots.

I find that coffee helps me fall asleep better than it should, but then again, i drink like 3 cups a day and i'm probably tolerant to caffeine now.

thats a though one, i like really cold milk. I know the milk containg chemicals that help you sleep is a meme but thats not why i drink it.
I find the soft, cold, creamy delight increadibly relaxing, it has to be near hte freezing point, i has to be a big glass and you haver to drink it slowly but not sip it, more like slowly enjoy it going down, you cant add sugar or vanilla or anything, it cant be 1% either. You have to drink it in bed and inmediately after lay there covered with a blanket.
Showering with really hot water and getting into a bed with clean sheets helps too but thats not ck related

celery

warm honey milk

Chamomile tea

A bit of cottage cheese perhaps.

A fifth of vodka

simmer slices of ginger in a cup or two of water for 20 minutes then strain it

cures what ails you

Alcohol.

>What foods will help me fall asleep?
>Posts a drink in reply
You're not very bright, are you?

Chamomille tea +1

That just sounds like a really picky autist's way of falling asleep.
Do you need tendies, too?

Chamomile pie
Warm milk soup
Valium popcorn
Valerian pizza
Open faced turkey sandwich
Red wine omelette
Whiskey flan
Ambien chili with beans

Chamomile Tea +1 +1

wtf

fermented prunes

This, Chamomile Tea

Also Lime-Tree Tea works well on me.

Valerian root
Lavender
Passion flower
California poppy

Warm milk, strong mature cheese, and a little alcohol.
No caffeine for three hours before bed. No games/internet for one hour before bed.

Mild room temperature cheese for me

>thats a though one,

thats a though one?

YOUR A THOUGH ONE.

Thats a very complex ritual my man.

I caught a lecture on NPR a few weeks back where the speaker answered your question in quite thorough detail, user.
Basically, good sleep depends a lot upon having proper levels of melatonin in the body, which derives from tryptophan, but you also have to have proper levels of B vitamins and calcium.
Now, instead of pushing supplements, he advocated a dietary approach, which included things like black-eyed peas, oats, almonds aaaand my brain shuts off there (Google says "nuts, seeds, tofu, cheese, red meat, chicken, turkey, fish, oats, beans, lentils, and eggs." Thanks, Google.)
Now, it doesn't end there.
Melatonin is water-soluble, which means avoid things that will flush it from the body (alcohol and caffeine), and its production needs to be 'activated' by full darkness when going to bed (no digital electronics like TVs or computers--get those out of your bedroom), and serotonin the same by full-intensity light first thing upon rising, and he was very specific here: He said, "Enough light to take an ISO 100 film photograph without needing a flash", so, basically, full sun).
Additionally, be aware that healthy intestinal flora are important to serotonin production: caltech.edu/news/microbes-help-produce-serotonin-gut-46495
Personally, I'd go the probiotic route to help maintain a healthy balance, as I'm already into fermenting things like kombucha, filmjolk, yogurt, et al, but there are other ways to go.

Okay, I'm going to stop there before it becomes full-on rambling.

Here's a tougher question: what foods will help me STAY asleep? I have no trouble falling asleep but I wake up three hours later and can't get back to the same level of tiredness I had when I first went to bed.

IT'S A COOKBOOK

Bananas and Oats

Sounds like sleep apnea.
The only way we can help you there is foods for losing weight, or go bother Veeky Forums.

None.

Get sunlight (at least 30 minutes of bright sun per day) and also at least 30 minutes of light exercise (walking) per day.

P.S. Don't wear sunglasses.

stop drinking alcohol

DIS DICKKKKK

eternal sleep